mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Allow players to change their ages freely.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
+1/-1

While this seems like a good idea and will limit the fact that you have to actually request to have your age changed, I do think this could and most likely would be abused. Staff are swamped with a lot of things to do and removing this could be beneficial to them, but it also doesn't seem like it would be as useful to add as other things may. SRP is not FRP.

Buying things such as Alcohol and Cigarettes are a 20+ item, meaning if you can change your age, people will most likely be changing their age to 20 or 21 so that they can buy such items before aging back down to their original age. It completely voids the use of age restriction for certain items which, in turn, takes away some of the realism of the server. It's hard to monitor if this is being abused, especially since we can't keep track of everyone's ages and it's just more work to see if they are actually abusing this system.

Maybe limit it to age 14-18 and not include ages that require college exams already. Therefore, no one can really abuse this system in the way I've described above. It is still SchoolRP though, and I feel if you can suddenly all get adult accounts from passing a singular exam, it takes away everything about it being SchoolRP and not just . . CityRP.
I suggested a command like on FRP. Not you having to ask a staff for a age swap.
There are a handful of benefits that come with reaching a certain age that would become useless if this was ever implemented. Being able to purchase 20+ items legally, access to the Spartan Household & it’s amenities, and the ability to progress through the college exams to reach the adult role are a few of them. In other words, the magic would be lost if you could set yourself to that whenever.

Between grades 8 and 12, you can have a staff member set you there easily. The reason I don’t think this will become a thing for players to do themselves is solely the abuse of it, however they may find a way to do it—whether it’s utilized for avoiding a roleplay situation or just flat out FailRP.

This is essentially the same thing that Maria said but I wanted to give a bit more of an explanation as to why it wouldn’t work with SRP’s playerbase. It’s a common theme, while you said there is a lot to learn from FantasyRP, bare in mind not everything that they do and have is going to work with SchoolRP. Not only do they have two entirely different genres, but they have two different playerbases and demographics.

Gotta agree with Maria and Sun on this one. It's just easier to contact an admin for the age change (or use the
forums). All of the administrators are active and I'm sure you'll be able to get the change within the same day that you requested it as long as you request it properly (Using a ticket, the forums, etc.)
You can simply ask an admin+ to change your age between 13-18 by opening a ticket or making a role request. College will continue to be exclusive for those who pass the exams.
Whilst for the most part: I agree with these negatives, I think you all have forgotten what it is like to be a normal player, we cannot simply give ourself a college account without anyone asking, or be given a college sport team position out of the blue to gain us free entry. For the regular playerbase they have to go through an insanely bureaucratic and honestly archaic college exam(s) that are only held every few months, becoming a College student, which is half the fun of the SchoolRP genre which you have all failed to mention in your responses is entirely difficult if not impossible for players with awful timezones; whilst this was posted I myself found out about a player who said that these exams are hosted on 3 am for him, how awful.

As for the 18+ items, who cares really? Any player who wants an 18+ item does not need to try all that hard to get another player to give it to them. This is a weak, shallow negative that ignores how this server really operates. If you really stick so strongly to this point, then the age command can simply have a 1 month delay to decur possible abuse.

To be frank, I think you are afraid of change, or maybe that you guys are the ones who'll have to one day implement changes. The server needs to stop playing it so safe and make some actual steps towards pleasing the playerbase as well as actually updating the server in meaningful ways, something staff seem readily afraid of anytime a slightly out of the box concept is presented to them.

The current system is bad, there's no point running around trying to find whatever excuses to make this server not seem like it's a decade behind from its VERY YOUNG sister server FRP. I get you love this server, as do I but I think tough love, the ability to admit the flaws of this server rather then half ignore it (only being able to choose from ages 14-18 via an annoying system) is silly, and I think SRP is greater then that.

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
A system like this may be implemented, however the condition will be that anyone below Grade-12 can only access ages & grades below their own. This was already planned in the update timeline, however development takes time; College ages will be similar, however extremely limited due to the small age range of each role. Players with team roles, etc. will likely still have to request roles & age changes via our existing system after we've completed this update due to the complexity of their role.

Changing ages yourself will be hard-limited to once every 7-14 days to avoid abusing the system, changes before the cooldown will be manual & done by members of the Administration team. Reminder that SRP and FRP are completely different genres, with separate communities (FRP is whitelisted, SRP is not.)

TRELLO BOARD

Users who are viewing this thread