mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Allow players to view their own Infractions.

UhmMoe

Level 30
UhmMoe
UhmMoe
Notable
What's your Minecraft Username?: Butterolls
What's the title of your suggestion?: Allow players to view their Infractions (Warns/Bans).

What's your suggestion?:
As the title says I believe it would be amazing if players were allowed to view their warnings/bans. Currently, this is only an ability staff can do, and I think it would be easier for both parties if players were able to view their bans and warnings on the server; As for kicks, I don't think that is necessary, and can lead to unwanted drama or unnecessary flooding. I see both parties benefiting from this as staff don't have to bother with players constantly messaging them for their infractions on the server and players can do it on their own when it's needed.

Lastly, For safety reasons of the staff team, I think the staff members who Warned/Banned names should be hidden. Giving only the reasoning.

Maybe the command /Warninglist or /Punishment along the lines of those.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
From my standpoint, I believe that players are more likely to understand and accept the consequences when they can see the reasons for their infractions; Seeing the specific infractions helps players understand what behaviors are unacceptable or against the rules. This educational aspect can encourage players to modify their behavior and improve making their infractions act as a deterrent, discouraging players from engaging in negative behaviors in the future, whilst learning from mistakes and teaching the players of the community the awareness of certain issues that lead to severe consequences that might not seem harmful to some but with the help of a friend that has gotten the warning/ban before due to the set "Action" or "Gltich" it will motivate players to teach each other and adhere to the rules and norms.

Finally, It gives a better way for applications to be more direct and confirming rather than going completely off memory if you understand what I mean! It's hard to remember how many warnings I got in 2019 or 2020, and as time goes on it continues to get harder.

credits to Yonio!

Last edited:

ErikFinster

Level 115
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+
Oh interesting. Hmmm~
I've only ever been contacted by staff four times (once for asking about the meaning of f2b in ooc, a second time for selling customs, a third time for inquiring about an inappropriate name in ooc, and the fourth time for renting two apartments at the same time) and I actually do not know if one of them actually contained a warning. I think transparency in that regard is appreciated. On the other hand, maybe I never received a warning in the first place. I imagine it would be useful to have a command to check on my status in that regard.

DarkEclipic

Level 159
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
+1

I completely agree!! There are some people who may not know a certain warning is on their record and yes, staff can give them the entirety of the punishment history, but it would be nice to have! You might say 'WoUlDnT yOu JuSt SeE wHo PuNiShEd YoU?!', well in that case, have the command or gui to redact that information and just have the date of the warning and what the warning is about(For stuff like proof of said warning, THEN you can dm a member of staff to see if they will be able to assist you further with the warn/ban/etc)

kustomzero

Level 130
circusjax
circusjax
Omega
+1
This would come in handy especially when it comes to filling out applications because most applications have the question "Please tell us your bans/warning history." Some people can forget this while others can remember on the top of their head, like myself. Overall, I agree this should be allowed.

Valentine_Lols

Level 87
Valentine_Lols
Valentine_Lols
Rich+
+1
Some shops/applications say to list what warnings or bans you may have, hard to when you don't know when or what happened

cho0ii

Level 175
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
+1

I haven't been warned since I was new to the server, how am I meant to remember what I was warned for?

Level 71
Dojoro
Dojoro
Fundraiser+
+1. Although, the command /warnings already exist but this still would be a good idea.

A7XM

Level 8
A7XM
A7XM
Omega+
+1 I like this idea would help with Applications and Appeals since you have an Exact Date and Reason

UhmMoe

Level 30
UhmMoe
UhmMoe
Notable
+1. Although, the command /warnings already exist but this still would be a good idea.
Thank you for your input, and yes the command exists but it doesn't show your past inactive warnings.

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- We'll look into making this possible.​

Users who are viewing this thread