Allow role swaps between alts

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
IGN: Lernaean
DATE: 21st November 2021
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Allow for people with alts to swap their roles around.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: Currently, if you want to swap an alt's ingame role (Lawyer, College-Student, Shopkeeper etc) you cannot. .. . Why? I don't know . . there isn't a reason. Currently, if you ask - you are left with negative responses. Why? Again - there isn't a good reason.

Why might somebody want to do this anyways? What's the point?
  1. The user plans to sell said alt account (outside of SRP, like to a stranger not on SRP), and wish to move their current rank elsewhere
  2. The user has a favourable IGN on another account, in which they wish to move their current character and role towards
  3. The user may be unable to use said account, and wish to move their roles to another account.

In my personal scenario, I wanted to move my college-student age 21 account SchoolRP to my Grade-12 age 18 account Lernaean (due to my character having that name also), but due to this pointless rule, my character now has to be 18 (despite having 3 years of age development ingame that now has to be retconned away??) unless I want to work within the rules, which would be against the point.

This isn't something that's NOT "Hard to implement." It takes a maximum 20 seconds to change a role, so maybe 40 seconds per person wishing to swap alts around, which ISN'T LONG, Let alone the fact that NOT MANY PEOPLE will be wanting to use this feature. The current rule is stupid and serves no real purpose but to slow down progress / degrade a character for no reason.

Last edited:

Ricominci

Level 47
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Allow for people with alts to swap their roles around.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: Currently, if you want to swap an alt's ingame role (Lawyer, College-Student, Shopkeeper etc) you cannot. .. . Why? I don't know . . there isn't a reason. Currently, if you ask - you are left with negative responses. Why? Again - there isn't a good reason.

1. The user plans to sell said alt account, and wish to move their current rank elsewhere
  2. The user has a favourable IGN on another account, in which they wish to move their current character and role towards
  3. The user may be unable to use said account, and wish to move their roles to another account.

In my personal scenario, I wanted to move my college-student age 21 account SchoolRP to my Grade-12 age 18 account Lernaean (due to my character having that name also), but due to this pointless rule, my character now has to be 18 (despite having 3 years of age development ingame that now has to be retconned away??) unless I want to work within the rules, which would be against the point.

This isn't something that's NOT "Hard to implement." It takes a maximum 20 seconds to change a role, so maybe 40 seconds per person wishing to swap alts around, which ISN'T LONG, Let alone the fact that NOT MANY PEOPLE will be wanting to use this feature. The current rule is stupid and serves no real purpose but to slow down progress / degrade a character for no reason.
ok +1

Rebel

Level 53
+1

Just adding more to my reply, I feel this is a good idea, it was a thing before but they removed it but my feedback on this is if a person changes their ranks the staff possibly have a document of the username and they can only change their roles between accounts every few months at a time to avoid people doing this often. This may lessen the amount of rank requests from people and have it only confined to College, or the adult role and for nothing else, not jobs as you applied for that account that the rank is on.

Last edited:

Valentine_Lols

Level 87
Valentine_Lols
Valentine_Lols
Rich+

1. The user plans to sell said alt account (outside of SRP, like to a stranger not on SRP), and wish to move their current rank elsewhere

You see. I would agree but, people probably would swap roles a lot.

alicethingy

Level 25
poisonedthingy
poisonedthingy
Rich
+1 / -1
I think this is understandable, yet many people would swap roles a lot. As a person who had to, due to account exchanges, that's reasonable but for no apparent reason or just a rather "stupid" reason then I think it'd be stupid. Staff already handles enough issues, dealing with people wanting to exchange roles, waiting for both to be online would be annoying and a lot on their plate, as well.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
+1 / -1
I think this is understandable, yet many people would swap roles a lot. As a person who had to, due to account exchanges, that's reasonable but for no apparent reason or just a rather "stupid" reason then I think it'd be stupid. Staff already handles enough issues, dealing with people wanting to exchange roles, waiting for both to be online would be annoying and a lot on their plate, as well.
You see. I would agree but, people probably would swap roles a lot.
It takes two seconds to implement per user, its not like we're asking them to crawl under the wire for us. Also as far as im concerned this used to be allowed and caused no issues like your presenting it would

If it really causes staff so much grief, then there can be a limit per user like "you can only do this once per month"

alicethingy

Level 25
poisonedthingy
poisonedthingy
Rich
It takes two seconds to implement per user, its not like we're asking them to crawl under the wire for us. Also as far as im concerned this used to be allowed and caused no issues like your presenting it would

If it really causes staff so much grief, then there can be a limit per user like "you can only do this once per month"
As said, I agree yet disagree. As said, yes something like this can take a short amount of time but I think many would use this system. It use to be allowed, as it wasn't used as much, yet nowadays with many people owning 2+ alts, wanting to change roles just for this and that reason is in my opinion stupid. I just don't think it'd be good, it's been there and it's been removed for whatever reason the staff said so.

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
We only allow role swapping/switching if you lost access to your Minecraft account with the role you're requesting, however outside of this it causes an excessive workload for Administrators and aside from aesthetics, swapping your roles between accounts offers no benefits

Users who are viewing this thread