Oliverium

Level 53
Oliverium
Oliverium
Omega+
IGN: Oliverium
DATE: 2/16/23
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
When a player reaches grade-12, make it so they earn the same allowance (1,000 yen) no matter what they /setage to.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
First of all, Karakura High School is imbalanced, consisting of many grade 12s, and in comparison with grade 7-11s, it's a very uneven scale. Realistically, high schools consist of a pretty even number for each grade. It would be nice to see a greater variety of ages in high schoolers. Secondly, in my experience, the difference in allowance detours me away from setting my age down from grade 12. I want to keep making 1k yen as a younger character. Lastly, when people make new characters, they change over time. Sometimes it's good for character development and lore to start young and slowly grade up as time passes/they experience something new.
When I was a new player, grading up and getting larger allowance was part of the fun and motivation to keep logging on. I'm not saying to change allowance for everyone, only those who have graded up to grade-12 (played awhile) and wants to /setage to have younger characters. (Also a bonus for families, having bio kids of many ages instead of 5+ adopted 18 year olds)

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
+1
I agree with allowing all ages (after already hitting Grade-12 once) to earn the same 1,000 Yen a month, however I don't think this idea will have the effect you intend; The reason a lot people roleplay as a Grade-12 is to gangrp/roll out of 150, as well as various other reasons that I can't particularly think of right now. I do want to see more people roleplay as younger characters and have more variety when it comes to how many people there are of each grade, however it's unlikely this will change that aspect

Acroy

Level 28
[+1]

I think this would encourage more players to step into the "younger character" side of RP.
It can be a difficult decision to make when you badly want to play a young character but also
don't get 1k yen? It's free... I think this is just a small detail that'll be more motivating towards
players.

rieums

Level 42
rieums
rieums
Omega
+1

I think this would definitely make more players want to roleplay as younger characters. Right now, I feel as if there are not as many younger characters because they do not make the same as older students. Who would want to play a younger character when it puts them at an IC disadvantage, in this case, making less yen.

Last edited:

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
I mean this is cool, but people will just have younger alt accounts just to well.. farm yen- inflating the economy even more than it is now,
If you think about it you get 1000 Yen every 30 minutes OOCly, SRP gets between 150-300 players based on low & peak times, so avg of 225, thats 225,000 yen being injected into the economy every 30 minutes!! now over the course of a day.. that really adds up- leading to increased item prices to deal with the generally increased wealth that everyone will eventually get. I love the idea... but not in this economy. (my math is prolly wrong, but its 2am)

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
I mean this is cool, but people will just have younger alt accounts just to well.. farm yen- inflating the economy even more than it is now,
If you think about it you get 1000 Yen every 30 minutes OOCly,
Regardless, they'd be making the same amount of money if they were still a grade-12/college/adult. The change they're asking for is for players who've already reached grade-12 and manually changed their age down to still earn the same 1,000 that they were earning as a grade-12. People can still grind Yen in the way that you describe with alts by simply staying grade-12; the change is for players to earn the same amount while roleplaying out a younger age.

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
Regardless, they'd be making the same amount of money if they were still a grade-12/college/adult. The change they're asking for is for players who've already reached grade-12 and manually changed their age down to still earn the same 1,000 that they were earning as a grade-12. People can still grind Yen in the way that you describe with alts by simply staying grade-12; the change is for players to earn the same amount while roleplaying out a younger age.
i read the suggestion wrong lol

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- Once we update our Grades system again, we'll instead make allowance work with playtime whilst also taking your role into account.​

Users who are viewing this thread