mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Allowance Suggestion

markoos

Level 28
IGN: SynergYTime (Not SynergyYTime)
DATE: 5/27/23
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Changing the allowance amounts for lower grades. I recently downgraded myself into a greenie for a character, and I am realizing that, as a greenie, you do NOT gain enough allowance to purchase food. You get 500 yen, 5 apples. If you're new to the server and running around, you'll almost certainly eat all your starting apples before you reach grade 12, where you get 1k yen. I propose that we either make apples cheaper, or increase greenie allowance amount, so greenies wouldn't have to beg for food so often.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
This would help with the retention of newer players, since they won't have the frustration of not being able to sprint without begging for food. This would also cut down on the amount of greenies begging on the streets, if you see that as a plus.

Infi

Level 129
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
There are many ways to get money outside of your hourly allowance (which by the way is every 1/2 hour) on top of the 10,000 yen new players get upon joining.

The following list is ranked easiest to hardest ways of making money:

- Fishing ; A great money making method for new players that wish to keep up with getting food and other commodities
- Auction House ; you can flip items on the auction house for higher prices than store price in order to gain a bit more yen. It’s the most common money making method
- Jobs ; upon becoming grade-10+, you’re able to apply for jobs at player run shops. You can check in with their applications through the town discord, which has a channel linked to every shop discord. From there you can receive hiring updates and potentially apply!
- Factions ; You can apply via the forums to become a faction member in one of the 10 factions of the server. These include Police, Professor, Teacher, School Employee, EMS, Government, Reporter, Shopkeeper, Crime and Shrine. Each have their own respective paychecks depending on rank and job type.

You should not depend on the allowance to be able to have a living in SRP, it was not designed for that therefor I don’t think it will be adjusted. However I recommend opening up to other opportunity such as the methods I listed above and see how much more you’d be able to make!

markoos

Level 28
There are many ways to get money outside of your hourly allowance (which by the way is every 1/2 hour) on top of the 10,000 yen new players get upon joining.

- Fishing ; A great money making method for new players that wish to keep up with getting food and other commodities
- Auction House ; you can flip items on the auction house for higher prices than store price in order to gain a bit more yen. It’s the most common money making method
- Jobs ; upon becoming grade-10+, you’re able to apply for jobs at player run shops. You can check in with their applications through the town discord, which has a channel linked to every shop discord. From there you can receive hiring updates and potentially apply!
- Factions ; You can apply via the forums to become a faction member in one of the 10 factions of the server. These include Police, Professor, Teacher, School Employee, EMS, Government, Reporter, Shopkeeper, Crime and Shrine. Each have their own respective paychecks depending on rank and job type.

You should not depend on the allowance to be able to have a living in SRP, it was not designed for that therefor I don’t think it will be adjusted. However I recommend opening up to other opportunity such as the methods I listed above and see how much more you’d be able to make!
New players aren't going to know about this, and nobody will hire a greenie. And fishing is barely profitable since you need to buy a new rod every 64 Edit: I just realized you said "You shouldn't be dependent on allowance" But I'm suggesting this for real greenies and not people like me

Last edited:

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
Use the vending machines for peach treats!!

(Also, I'm sure NEW players who join actually get more allowance than players who age down for a short period)

HATOLA

Level 270
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
(Also, I'm sure NEW players who join actually get more allowance than players who age down for a short period)
(its not working like that, they getting the same except for that new players getting 10k gor grade 7 which people cant low their age to)

gotta +1
FOR FISHING BTW, U HAVE TO BUY A FISHING ROD which I think most of the time even if u will get fish it will be less than 1.2k }:

cuddlesmeow

Level 99
cuddlesyou
cuddlesyou
Omega+
IGN: SynergYTime (Not SynergyYTime)
DATE: 5/27/23
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Changing the allowance amounts for lower grades. I recently downgraded myself into a greenie for a character, and I am realizing that, as a greenie, you do NOT gain enough allowance to purchase food. You get 500 yen, 5 apples. If you're new to the server and running around, you'll almost certainly eat all your starting apples before you reach grade 12, where you get 1k yen. I propose that we either make apples cheaper, or increase greenie allowance amount, so greenies wouldn't have to beg for food so often.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: This would help with the retention of newer players, since they won't have the frustration of not being able to sprint without begging for food. This would also cut down on the amount of greenies begging on the streets, if you see that as a plus.
Tell me you're broke without telling me you're broke
Anyways
+1

CakeRPiscool

Level 52
EGGRP
EGGRP
Omega
-1 There’s really no point since new players get enough money to buy food when joining the server. Also you get two stacks of apples when joining the server.

markoos

Level 28
-1 There’s really no point since new players get enough money to buy food when joining the server. Also you get two stacks of apples when joining the server.
Fair point, maybe it was just me but when I first joined I was out before I hit grade 9

yazure

Level 32
Community Team
Builder
yazure
yazure
Notable
i gotta +1
greenies usually don't know about fishing/any other thing to do to make money, allowance was the first thing i discovered the first time i joined, soooooo yeah why not

ezriei

Level 15
ezriei
ezriei
Fundraiser+
[ +1 ]

new players arent gonna know about all aspects of the server, and you shouldn't be forced into joining a faction as a way to make money as a new player - Either solutions mentioned are perfectly viable,
Fishing isn't completely sustainable, since you do need to invest in a fishing rod.
Applying for a player-ran shop? Need to be grade 10 + pass applications
Auction house? Need money to be able to get items in the first place.

Jay.

Level 12
jayharu
jayharu
Fundraiser+
+1

As a new player, I knew NONEE of these alternatives mentioned until I got to like Grade-11 or something, and joining a faction isn't that viable for those who want to stay as a student and rp.

markoos

Level 28
Not only that, if you dont have a proper reputation, you arent gonna get accepted even if you have grade 12 or college.
Yeaaap, and since nobody likes greenies for whatever reason, they automatically have a bad reputation until they get a few grade 12 friends.

SimplyLK

Level 67
SimplyLK
SimplyLK
Rich+

+1/-1
I disagree with Infi's statement. Though she is of course right, there are plenty of ways to gain extra money, however of course the ways of doing it aren't sufficient for a Grade-7. Fishing just simply does not make the money it used to, you cannot hardly get a job as a fresh new grade-7, or have the money to buy and flip items on the auction house. Circling back onto fishing they would have to first buy a fishing pole, and then grind that to be sufficient for hours. That would not have a good impression on a new player.

I will like to mention the suggestion is a considerate one, this might help new players adapt to the server. I am not convinced though it should be added, neither am I against it being added. It's got benefits with little issues. There are some notable arguments I will point out, as a greenie myself on another account, it's simply doable to survive with the allowance. It's just inconvenient do to that fact you cannot sprint like you'd like to. In which case if that becomes a problem, it makes folks feel a need to purchase Notable + allowing them access to /feed, and School Roleplay makes money. A business needs to make an income, and it's priority should always be money. As cold as it sounds, that's business. Though to make business you need to have attention as well, and hooking new players will allow the server to expand which will ultimately lead to more money. So I am 50/50 on this suggestion.

SimplyLK

Level 67
SimplyLK
SimplyLK
Rich+
I didn't even know that, must be a new feature. If you get 2 stacks of apples and 10k still, I am editing my suggestion to straight -1 rather +1/-1.

CakeRPiscool

Level 52
EGGRP
EGGRP
Omega
I didn't even know that, must be a new feature. If you get 2 stacks of apples and 10k still, I am editing my suggestion to straight -1 rather +1/-1.
yeah when I added one of my alts to the server, I got two stacks of apples that can not be dropped and is just for you.

KimiNoUso

Level 338
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- We already attempt to better help newer players with free food and a higher allowance. We will in future add quests and other types of ways to get money and free food, such as fruit trees.​

Users who are viewing this thread