players online

Allw epic suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahhhhhh12

Level 2
IGN: Allw
DATE: 8/23/2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Censor the c-word.

1661286788018.png
(Screenshot from Wikipedia, I suggest looking into word further)

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE COMMUNITY?: The term is a pejorative used against physically disabled people. I see it being used against people on SRP, whether IC or OOC, every single day and it's incredibly uncomfortable. My friends attempt to educate people on the word but are often met with laughs or ignorant comments. In addition, people do not get punished for saying the word despite it being discriminatory. SRP should be a safe place for all groups of people, especially marginalized ones.

EXAMPLE:

1661286928418.png

Hirathex

Level 249
Senior Admin
Black Market Lead
Police Lead
Hirathex
Hirathex
Omega+
+1

Although I understand some people may not know what significance the word has, there are some players who do and continue to say it in a harmful manner. Just as any other slur we have censored (among other words) I think this one should be added

Polar

Level 102
PolarLoLs
PolarLoLs
Notable
There is nothing wrong with saying the word, to be honest, it's just making a problem out of something that doesn't need to be. It's not discriminatory because it describes someone and their condition. Even if it does get censored it won't stop people from saying it icly or OOC, people are going to have their filter enabled so they can see other curse words that are allowed and are still going to end up seeing the word. What then? It's not a slur, it's an adjective

barbee

Level 15
Barbee
Barbee
Notable
There is nothing wrong with saying the word, to be honest, it's just making a problem out of something that doesn't need to be. It's not discriminatory because it describes someone and their condition. Even if it does get censored it won't stop people from saying it icly or OOC, people are going to have their filter enabled so they can see other curse words that are allowed and are still going to end up seeing the word. What then? It's not a slur, it's an adjective
It is derogatory, it is well known to be such. You can say someone has a disability and use a word that historically puts people down. Even if people DON'T stop saying it censorship helps regardless. Just because words with double meanings exist, doesn't mean that double meaning can't be offensive. Its not a slur, its a derogatory term. This applies to a lot of offensive words, please educate yourself Polar.

Polar

Level 102
PolarLoLs
PolarLoLs
Notable
It is derogatory, it is well known to be such. You can say someone has a disability and use a word that historically puts people down. Even if people DON'T stop saying it censorship helps regardless. Just because words with double meanings exist, doesn't mean that double meaning can't be offensive. Its not a slur, its a derogatory term. This applies to a lot of offensive words, please educate yourself Polar.
Can you "educate" me on the history behind the "c-word" so i can get a better understanding of this so i know this isn't just a problem people are making now

ahhhhhh12

Level 2
There are many words that are used to describe people that are also offensive.

Also, I know it won't stop people from saying it. Nothing can stop someone from saying what they want. However, it should be censored and punishable to prevent that.

Reapz999

Level 20
Reapz999
Reapz999
Rich+
Actual slurs are the things that should be censored not a blanket term which can be used in a bad way or a neutral way
It's just not needed in the first place

Last edited by a moderator:

ahhhhhh12

Level 2
This isn't kindergarten, grow a pair
Actual slurs are the things that should be censored not a blanket term which can be used in a bad way or a neutral way
It's just not needed in the first place
I'd like you to explain to me how the screenshot I linked isn't offensive.

barbee

Level 15
Barbee
Barbee
Notable
This just re-states that the word can be used in a both good and bad manner, but I've never seen some1 use it in a derogatory manner
Except, I have. We're not saying this word needs to be completely removed, they're saying the word needs better moderation. My character who walks with crutches gets called it like five times a day. My friends character who has crutches gets called it like 4 times a day. The screenshot Allw attached, was it being used in a derogatory way. I don't see why theres such a desire to use it against someone who has a disability.

Gunna!

Level 100
Veganlaser
Veganlaser
Omega
I'd like you to explain to me how the screenshot I linked isn't offensive.
where in the ss is cripple used to degrade someone? did they target a specific person?, were they saying that they "hate cripples"? was it used in a hateful manner to someone?, enlighten me where it IS offensive my good sir

Polar

Level 102
PolarLoLs
PolarLoLs
Notable
where in the ss is cripple used to degrade someone? did they target a specific person?, were they saying that they "hate cripples"? was it used in a hateful manner to someone?, enlighten me where it IS offensive my good sir
Adding to this they were describing some1

ahhhhhh12

Level 2
The word targets a marginalized group of people.

They stated they like bullying and harassing them; that is hateful.

barbee

Level 15
Barbee
Barbee
Notable
That's like saying bad knives since they can be used for both good and bad
I'm sorry, this is just not a comparison. It's a completely false ****ogy. Inanimate objects don't compare to words describing or dehumanizing a human being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread