mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Allw epic suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emiyo | Layla

Level 37
Serious feedback, It would be better if people would be able to add words to be censored only to them, Such as /toggle filter turns the current chat censor off and on. This would avoid people from getting upset about words they don't approve, an even easier fix is doing /ooc so you just don't see it. OOC chat isn't necessary for RP anyway.
+1

needle

Level 45
The word holds both and good power it just depends on how it's used, a personal filter would fix this issue completely
theres no good use for that word, and a personal filter is a good idea but you should just filter everyone saying it instead because that way people have another chance to understand that they're doing and saying things that are hurtful

goofygoober

Level 8
uenj
uenj
Rich
+1

I've never seen anyone use this term in a non offensive manner on the server and if you're that attached to the word I don't know what to tell you lol.

hebwig

Level 111
ignore the slur discourse for a second & just focus on the fact that it is being used in a derogatory way & staff members aren't stopping it from taking place....you can't argue that words like fat, gay, trans, and quirky are on the same level as a derogatory term used to target marginalized groups because those words are literally descriptors that did NOT have any negative connotation associated with them to begin with. if you search up the word and its definition, it will literally tell you that!

overall words that are used to demean people / are used in a derogatory fashion should not be permitted on the server & practices to deter people from doing this should be put into place. at this point i don't care whether or not the word is censored (even though a good majority of the server are using the c-word in its derogatory fashion, making it a slur IN this context! yes i know that the c-word is also a verb but consider context/occasion instead!!!), i just care about staff recognizing what words are offensive and what words aren't

i don't want to expect staff to be walking dictionaries that know every slur in the book or whatever but, at the very least, they should be open-minded to when people bring up their discomfort regarding such + should inquire when a word that they don't know is being used in a derogatory/demeaning context & take action depending on the word's definition. that's just my feedback & something that many of you should consider when giving the argument that "people are sensitive" and "every word can't be a slur nowadays!"

a good reason as to why these people are "sensitive" is because we now live in a time where people know to speak up when derogatory words/ableism (and other forms of oppressive terms/oppression in general) are in practice. this is a practice we should have had years ago but we simply didn't because it was a different time & those behaviors were normalized.....just because people recognize bad things as bad things now doesn't mean that everyone is automatically "sensitive"

feel free to argue/disprove what i'm saying, i'm pretty open-minded to it, but just know that you can google anything & it'll tell you.....definitions & all

a quick edit: btw losing access to one derogatory word will not ruin your life....just be a respectful person, it is so easy to not be hateful

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
This thread has been locked to prevent unnecessary drama instigations and deviations from the main topic. The proposals found in the thread will be reviewed during the incoming staff meeting and a collective decision will be taken. Thanks for your input​

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed

- This is already against the server rules under rule 2.1. Staff already deal with and punish players for using terms like these in an offensive/inappropriate (or ableist) manner, however not all of the staff are walking dictionaries as @hebwig has mentioned above.​
- If you're uncomfortable with anyone's use of any word, please contact staff with screenshots.​
- We won't be filtering this word as it has other contexts, even if it's not commonly used.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread