altairaa

Level 10
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:
altairaa

Do you have Discord?: Yes, it’s altaira#2820

How old are you?: 18

What is your time zone?: CST, Arkansas

Describe your activity on the server?: I joined the server in 2017, and was active 2017-2018. I was banned at the end of 2018, and was unbanned a month later. After being unbanned, I was never really active on the server again. I’ve come back sporadically at times since then but haven’t put much effort into being active again until recently. In the time that I’ve come back I’ve spent a lot of time catching up on what I’ve missed, and have already re-read the rules to see if anything has changed. Nowadays, I am usually on the server on a daily basis. I usually hop on and spend a couple hours with my friends everyday.

Have you ever been banned?: Yes, I have a couple bans.

The first time was in late 2017, it was for spamming entities and I was banned by WiffyBanter for 3 hours. In 2017, throwing around books and quills with “party invites'' was very common. I did that, and got banned for it for a couple hours. The second ban was in 2018, it was by Duckings for cosmetic abuse for just a couple days, I think. I had just used one of the Rich Kid cosmetics for parkour. My third ban and what I would consider my only serious ban, was at the end of 2018. I was banned for three things, ip grabbing, grabbing the location of players, and menace to the player base. Looking back at all of it, it’s all pretty cringy, and I really don’t like reading my ban appeal as it's also very badly made. But here it is for reference. If I had to rewrite the ban appeal for any reason,
here’s how I would write it now.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Yes, I do acknowledge this.

School Employee Role you are applying for?: I am currently applying for the Receptionist role.

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for: Receptionists are there for the students, whether it be questions about classes, a teacher, or maybe a guide of some sort. They are usually found at the receptionists desk located at either the back or front of the school. They also are in charge of giving out reward tokens to students, and exchanging those tokens for prizes.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?: I played actively in SRP for about 2 years, and came back off an on occasionally. The only ever school role I had before is I was formerly a School Mentor, but lost that role when I was banned a month after receiving it. Before that, I was a Cheerleader, and haven’t applied for much else. When I was a player on SRP in 2018, that’s when applications were just starting to be introduced more and people were actively applying. I don’t think I had a specific reason, but I was always kind of content to not have any applied-for role before applying for school mentor. My time as a school role on SRP was very short, and things were a lot different back then. I want to become a receptionist so I can grow, and experience more types of roleplay.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

School Mentor Application [Accepted]

Korean Language Application [Accepted]

Spanish Language Application [Accepted]

What are your current roles on the server?: I don't have any specific roles, I just am the default Grade 12.

Situations

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?: Samira, as someone who has worked with kids for a very long time, is pretty familiar with how cruel teenagers can be, and knows how to tolerate them pretty well. She grew up with a younger sibling with a 12 year age gap, and now, as a 28-year-old woman her younger sister is 16. Samira’s exact reaction would very much depend on the situation, if a student just walks up to Samira and starts treating her poorly she would probably be very confused. Especially if she hasn’t even seen the student before. Samira would first try to guide the student to a more private area to not make a scene, and would try and ask the student what they are so upset about, hoping to try and solve the situation. As a teacher, you kind of can’t show students anything they do that upsets you. If the student continues to harass her with no explanation and seems to have no desire to resolve the situation, she would punish the student accordingly, whether it be detention or suspension depending on the severity of their harassment. If the student seems to comply with her requests to try and explain what is wrong in a less vulgar way, Samira would try and work out with them what their problem is and why they're upset. She’d continue it by saying that if the student treats others like that, faculty and students alike, then the next time they’ll face a harsher punishment. But for now, Samira will give them a warning as she can understand why they’re upset, but that kind of language was not necessary.

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?: Samira would try to use words before attempting to get physically involved. She would first call out to the two students, hoping the presence of an adult would dissuade them. If she saw them continue, ignoring her, then she would try to call for other faculty, maybe if there are students nearby she would request for them to find another staff member. While waiting for more assistance, she’d try to separate the two by attempting to put herself between the two students. If her attempts made the students successfully separate, she’d separate the two even further by putting them in two different rooms in the nurse’s station, as putting them near each other might start arguing again. After they are done being treated of any injuries that should give them enough time to cool down so that they are able to talk about why they are so upset in a calm manner. She would then try and listen to their stories one at a time, and find out to why they were both so upset. This would be done still in separate rooms to avoid a verbal altercation at the very least. She would then go on to tell them that regardless of reasoning, violence of any matter is not permitted on school grounds and they would both receive a detention for their violet actions.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?: Samira would try not to make her distaste for the situation obvious, as to not escalate the situation. Her first priority is removing her fellow employee from the eyes of students, and she would probably call over a couple other co-workers, at least one, to help distract the person that's creating an issue and move them to a more private area. The co-workers she called over to help would be there to make sure she could safely talk to the offender about what they did wrong safely. Once they were away from the public eye, she would reprimand her co-worker, and maybe suggest that it would be best for them to leave work early. Samira would then go on to tell them that their actions will be reported to their supervisor, and would do so once she knows their dangerous fellow employee was off campus.

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?: Samira, being a new hire, would probably be quite shy at first, not really sure how to interact with others. But over time, she’d build this confidence and try to join conversations when it’s appropriate. Samira is quite a social person when given the opportunity, and can be quite charming. Though she also doesn’t mind sitting in silence, she’d probably often be found in the break room sipping some coffee with a book open in her lap. She always wishes everyone a good day at her exit, making sure to clean up the area she sat in. No crumbs would be left of her blueberry muffin breakfast.

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:

/me
Samira Fayne’s phone would buzz quietly in her pocket, and she’d place her hand over her pocket, trying to quiet the buzzing. Samira would continue to listen to the student’s question, responding appropriately with each question. “The library is located on the third floor. Go up those stairs right there,” She’d say, pointing to her right. “Go up twice, and it’ll be at the end on your right.” Once the student left, she’d turn to the other receptionist at the desk, “I’m going to use the restroom quickly,” Samira would say before standing up and making her leave.

/me Samira would enter the faculty bathroom, closing the door softly behind her and locking it. She would take the phone out from her pocket, and turn her phone on silent. Seeing who called her, she’d mutter to herself “Sorry Emma, can’t take calls at work. It’s fine, she should know better anyway.” The woman would slip the phone back into her pocket before unlocking the restroom door and leaving, making her way back to her post.

/me Samira Fayne would enter the room quietly, shutting the door behind her once she was inside. She was wearing a red long sleeve blouse, black dress pants, and boots with it’s neck hidden underneath her pant legs. They wore a gray jacket wrapped around her figure, and over it was a black backpack. She carried a black laptop case, and with her empty hand, she’d wave at her co-workers. “Good morning,” Samira said, smiling. Both of her hands were bare and red from the cold. The brown-haired woman would make a beeline for the coffee machine, quickly washing a mug for herself and filling it with the caffeinated liquid. She would quickly wrap her hands around it, taking a quiet sip before heading to one of the open tables and setting down her mug. There she would leave her backpack and laptop case before heading to the coatrack the faculty room held and dropping off her gray overcoat. Returning to her things, she’d pull out her laptop and start working.

In-Character Section

Full Name:
Samira Fayne
Title: Miss
Preferred Name: Samira

Religious Denomination: Unlabeled
Marital Status: Single

Academic Degree: Bachelor's
Year of Graduation: 2018
Major: Business
Minors: Finance and Information Systems.

Nationality: American
Current Location: Karakura, Japan
Native Language: English
Other Languages: Fluent in Japanese

Backstory
Samira was born and raised in America. She had a healthy family life, and only one sibling, a younger sister. Samira was a bit of an overachiever in highschool, she set her sights on the best classes possible and never really focused on her social life. She never joined any clubs, or really had many close friends, too focused on her studies to socialize. Samira chose Japanese as her main language class, as Japanese is one of the harder languages for an English native to learn, and Samira always made things unnecessarily hard for herself when it came to academics. Samira’s family wasn’t very well-off, money wise, and so she felt like she had to get a scholarship if she wanted to go to a good college.

After finishing high school, Samira took a gap year. She started working hard to get some money for college, and began applying for scholarships and different colleges as soon as she felt like she could do it. During this time and working, she started to experience more and more loneliness. She felt like in high school she had made no real friends, and promised herself that when she started college she would set her sights on socialization.

Samira started college in 2014 at age 20, going for a business major. She knew she could do more, but she had her sights set on owning her own beauty salon. Her friends always had Samira dye their hair, and Samira often dyed her own.

As a Junior in college Samira decided to study abroad, she was already fluent in Japanese due to continuing her language classes in college as well as some home studying, and decided to study abroad there. There was no practical reason for her studying abroad, it was honestly mainly a spur-of-the-moment decision. She saw the sign-ups at the end of her Freshman year, and signed up on a whim. She was on the waitlist, so she didn’t get to actually study abroad till her Junior year. Samira stayed studying abroad in Japan for 2 years, and during that time, she fell in love with one of the many people she went to University with. She felt like it was destiny, as the whole decision to be there almost didn’t happen.

After her last month in University she graduated and went back home to America. She had been with her lover for a little over a year, and when Samira returned back to America the two were forced into a long distance relationship together. Samira got straight to work, and was long distance with her partner for one more year, their relationship totaling to 2 years, before moving to Japan to be with them.

At this time, Samira was 27. Samira and her lover became engaged as she proposed two years after they had moved in together. Her partner said yes, and Samira thought her life was set she started working part-time and focused more on working to get her cosmetology license. After getting her license her fiancé and herself were already engaged for just a year, but it was all over when her partner cheated on her with one of their co-workers.

Now she was lost, she knew no one except a couple of distant college friends she hadn’t spoken to in years. Her family was in another country, hundreds of miles away. Samira was crushed, and had no choice but to stay in Japan due to her economic situation. Luckily, one of her college friends took her in and kept her off the streets. Samira started applying to what felt like hundreds of job applications after that, one of those places being the opening at Karakura Highschool for a receptionist.

Motivation for Joining KHS: I have a very large work motivation, I always feel like I’m not being productive when I don’t have a job. I moved into this town recently, and immediately started looking for a place to work. I have worked in a school environment for a short time after graduating college. As a kid I loved school and missed it even after I left. As a kid I always neglected the social aspect of school as I was too focused academically. I always wished I had someone to tell me that joining a club or two wouldn’t hurt. Now, as an adult, I can be that person to encourage younger students socially. I want to help, and encourage growth.

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment?: I worked at a high school briefly when I was still in America, it was for 5 months and I was a track instructor. So I managed a team of students, and helped aid with general planning and occasional event managing.

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?: I have experience with handling children at varying ages, and know how to deal with them well. As a track leader, I often had students emailing me to ask about joining the team and various other related questions. I always responded quickly and in a timely manner. I can promise to carry on this trait working here at Karakura, and with it an excitement to work in such an environment.

THANK YOU <3

Last edited:

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
Accepted

Congratulations, you have been accepted for the role of Receptionist! Please ping mariav#6666 and link this application on Academics Discord to get things started.​

Users who are viewing this thread