Accepted Amy's School Council President Application ✔

Status
Not open for further replies.

amamyo

Level 62
[OOC SECTION]

IGN: AmySenpai
Role in School Council: School Council President
Expected activity (out of ten): Weekdays: I go on from 4:30 - 7 or 8 (WST) Weekends: Unless something important is happening, I am on almost all the time on weekends.
RL Age (note that it does not matter how old you are): 12 (Almost 13)
Previous Applications: Councilor (Accepted)
Motivation for joining: Well, I found out Belle resigned, and she told me I should try and apply because she thought I would do a good job, so I decided to try it.
What is the School Council?: The School Council is a group of staff members and students who have meetings once a week to talk about events and concerns within the school.
What happens in the School Council?: In the School Council, students and staff members get together and discuss ideas to improve the school, issues facing the school, and many other issues.

[SCENARIO SECTION]

You are a councillor, the chairman submits a awful idea, what do you do?: I would wait until he is done talking and then tell him that I think his idea could be changed. I would then suggest that we change (this) about it and see what everyone else thinks.

You submit a idea, everyone hates it, how do you react?: I would ask them how they would improve my idea, and if I agree with what they say then I would say; "Perhaps I can make some adjustments to this idea. I'll change it and tell you what I changed next meeting"

You have become the school president, what is your first speech: Hello everyone, how are you today? ...Great! So, as you may know, you have recently elected me as School President, and I thank you. But, the vote was very close, so I will try to listen to ideas from everyone to help improve the school. Of course, some ideas will be scrapped, but I am willing to share my schedule with everyone so that if they need me they know where to find me. A copy of my schedule is hanging on the bulletin board by the front desk for when you need me. Thank you, and I hope to see you all soon.

You fail to attend 5 meetings with the school council, how do you apologize?
I would say; "As you all know, I have been absent these past 5 meetings. I am deeply sorry for this, and I hope you can forgive me. Is there any way I can make up the work that I missed during my absence?"

You are being removed from your position, how do you react? First, I would ask why I am being removed. If I understand why, I would say; "I understand I am being removed. Before I go, I would like to thank you all for the wonderful experiences you have given me. Furthermore, I just want to ask; Could I help out THS in any other way?"

[IC SECTION]
You are writing a letter to the school principal, how do you convince him to let you be this role?
Dear Principal Duck,
If you are unaware, I have recently applied to be the President of the School Council. Now I know that seems like a big job, but I am positive I can do it if you just give me a chance. I would now like to address my plans for the School and the Council alike. I would like to encourage better behavior when talking to fellow students, teachers, janitors, and security guards. We want to be a school known for good students, not disrespectful students. In my previous letter about my Councilor application, I suggested a Guidance Councilor of some sort, who (after the student has been given detention multiple times for not paying attention in class) would meet the student and ask them why they are not paying attention in class. If you cannot quite remember this, here is an excerpt from that letter: "Furthermore, I believe it is necessary to encourage proper learning and studying. Students who refuse to pay attention in class and are given detention should be helped, not continuously punished. We need a peaceful system for dealing with students such as these. Someone they can trust and turn to that also encourages them to listen in class and study. In their first meeting session the adult helping this student would ask: "Why do you never seem to pay attention in class?" to which the might respond: "Well, it's just boring. I don't really care what my grades are, and neither do my parents." and eventually, we would contact the child's parents and encourage them to become more involved with their child's learning career." I still stand strongly behind the viewpoint of helping the students after they present bad work, not punishing them for it. I also believe we need some form of calendar for the School Council to get more organized, and so we can communicate more than once a week. Of course we could always schedule more meetings, but the Council members have busy lives, so perhaps we could see how that goes.
I am greatly appreciative for you reading a second letter even longer than the last. I will let you get back to your day now and not take any more time from your schedule.
Thank you,
Amy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread