mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

An Issue With New Players

boirei

Level 10
IGN: boirei
DATE: 4/11/2020
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST/MENTION: I think I speak for a lot of SchoolRP when I say that every single new player struggles with commands and can generally be a pain in the ass.

The Issue
First, let me start off with my experience. New players, which I'm not saying they're limited to just green tags, some are red tags. As I was hosting presentations this very day, a lot of them struggled to do /itl to present their project to the class, and I'm certain a lot of them skipped the tutorial since they want to get into roleplay and make their stereotypical '7'6" hybrid character' that they always use for roleplays.
What I suspect is that they are role players from average everyday Roblox fantasy roleplays, or other roleplays. Because of this, several new players turn out being toxic (by not getting their way in roleplay) and think that this is the equivalent of a Roblox roleplay, or they can turn out to be a fantastic roleplayer with common sense, and become a great roleplayer on SchoolRP. However a vast majority of the new players are from the first group, who get extremely toxic when things don't go their way and will, and might even resort to threats. What evidence do I have to back this up? Me. I was a Roblox player once, and I've gone on my fair share of roleplay servers to say with confidence that a majority of role players get toxic, or are just plain dumb, and don't know how to roleplay properly.
Concluding my first statement, a lot of new players are either unsuspecting people looking for a server to join, or they're Roblox players looking for something new that's not Roblox.

The second issue is that they barely know how to use any commands, whether it be /looc, /itl, or /itc, etc. It frustrates me, and most likely others when they try to do something involving /it, and then they don't know how to use it. Another pet peeve is that they talk in IC chat instead of LOOC, and often say OOC things in IC chat.

Solution
Instead of ranting about what green tags do wrong, I'm going to propose a solution- to remodel the tutorial. Here's a little format of how it works:

General Functions
-
They may not go to the next area unless 30 seconds have passed, and if they try to leave they will be greeted with a title and subtitle reading:

Please read the holograms!
They will help you and teach you.

Or something along those lines.

- Players inside the tutorial may not execute any commands but /warp spawn if they have at least fifteen minutes of playtime on the server.

Hologram 1
- How to name your character.
- How to set a description for your character.
- How to read descriptions.
- Character restrictions.

Hologram 2
- Commands (with an example!).

Hologram 3
- Nametags.

Hologram 4
- Chat range.

Hologram 5
- Languages
- Applicable Things

Hologram 6
- Roles

Hologram 7
- "Meet the Staff" (An introduction of the staff team.)
- Other ranks.

Hologram 8
- /rules, /faq, etc.
- Forum link.

If this were to happen, I think this would relieve the weight off of several peoples shoulders seeing as though green tags/new players have been kind of forced to go through the tutorial and they've read the tutorial. If they haven't? That's on them, since a lot of people just walk through the tutorial and do /warp spawn without thinking.

Last edited:

Im6

Level 184
DENIED

- Thank you for taking the time to post this feedback however we've chosen to deny it.

- Newer players to begin with - Have the choice to read a lot of the information there themselves & explore it on our website as we've now made that more accessible than ever. However locking someone in a box for 15 minutes, blocking a fair amount of commands, essentially forcing someone to read something that they really could care less about is not a way to solve this issue at all, yet a way to drive them away from the server entirely.

- People will not read holograms if they don't want to, nor will adding more in-depth holograms or saying "Please read the holograms!
They will help you and teach you." fix or change that problem, at all.

Our tutorial in the near future however is planned to be re-made with a specific custom made plugin, allowing for more interactive learning, where they're able to speak & communicate with NPC's to learn the basic commands such as emoting, (/me), /it, etc.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread