No, I've never been banned.

What is your timezone?:
My timezone is EST.

What is your discord username and discriminator (e.g. Tippie#6666):
ch.an.ce#8185

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes, I understand.

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?:
I'm active for about 4-8 hours everyday on SRP, and more on weekends. As for the forums, I don't generally post or comment on things, but usually every day or every other day I will look around and make sure I'm updated with everything going on.

How long have you played SchoolRP for?:
I don't remember exactly when I started playing, but I believe it was sometime last spring or summer.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application.40722/ [DENIED]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application.40724/ [ACCEPTED]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/role-request.40758/ [ACCEPTED]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/reporter-application.41157/#post-128914 [DENIED]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/russian-application.41698/ [ACCEPTED]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application.45619/ [ACCEPTED]

Current Role/Degree/Grade on SchoolRP?:
Grade 12, high school baseball team.

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a Professor?:

Truth be told, I've been wanting to apply for awhile, but the fear of being denied has trumped my desire to apply up until now. I've realized that if I let fear hold me back from trying new things, I won't grow and get to experience changes. Aside from that, I'd like to expand my horizons inside SRP and try something new that I think I would really enjoy! I'd be taking my passion for sharing knowledge and using that to excel in the position as Professor with my character. The subject I'd have him teach is also something I'm passionate about and know and I know a lot of information regarding this subject.

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?:
Classroom logs are used to measure how many classes a teacher/professor has hosted. It's also used to determine whether or not they've met their requirements of teaching 15 classes, and if so, they get their paycheck. It's also used to show if a professor is active.

As a Professor, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
The strict rules students would be required to follow are:
  • Be respectful to the professor, their peers, and themselves.
  • Keep all electronics off during class time.
  • Do as they are told.
  • If they need something, raise their hand. Do not shout out and cause disruptions.
  • Do not argue or create conflict with the professor or their peers.
  • Pay attention and remain focused.
  • Any type of misbehavior is unacceptable.​
Summarize your previous RP experience's (both in general and on SchoolRP):
Sadly, my SRP roleplaying experience is quite basic, which is a big reason I'm applying. Other than roleplaying as a regular high school student, I've tried GangRP with my first character, but I didn't like it much. I've also had characters on a couple different sports teams, so I've done sports roleplay as well. Being a part of a sports team has allowed me to greatly improve on my DetailRP.

College-Professor Knowledge

Please show your knowledge of College-Professors. What are the tasks a College-Professor has to complete, What is a College-Professor's salary?

College professors are required to teach 15 classes and log each one. If they do this, they will earn a ¥450,000 paycheck at the end of the month. With each additional 10 classes they teach (and log) they will earn an extra ¥50,000. Professors are also required to supervise college students and make sure they're behaving. Because of this, they must lead by example and follow their own set of rules, including server rules in general.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he/she look like? What makes him/her unique and different? What is his/her outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his/her personality like? What is his/her plan for the future?

Lev S. Elyon would be a Rusian-Greek male standing at 6'4. He might seem a bit intimidating, but he truly is very soft at heart. He'd have white hair and golden hazel eyes, but his right eye would be prosthetic. He has a crooked nose, and a black septum ring on it. He always tries his best to be positive and show a smile on his face. He makes it a core value to treat everyone with kindness and respect, even if he isn't fond of the person. Lev would value his relationship with each and every one of his students, and would do everything he could to make sure he was there for them if they needed him.
Lev compartmentalizes things in his brain. During work hours, he would focus strictly on work and would see his fellow professors as colleagues and make sure to be professional with them at all times. Outside of work, he would let the more playful and carefree side of himself show, being more relaxed and outgoing. Lev would do anything he could for a student or colleague in trouble if they needed his help. He wants to be a positive role model for his students and fellow professors, too.​

Scenarios

You find a group of sport-team members screaming and shouting in the halls, What do you do?

I would approach the group and first try to gauge the danger level and figure out what was going on. I'd check if anyone was hurt, and if so, bring them to the nurse's office. If they were arguing, I'd try to separate the group and act as their mediator, trying to calm them down. However, if they don't comply after several warnings, I wouldn't hesitate to give them detention after school.

A College-Student is disturbing the class and won’t listen to a word you’re saying, What do you do?
I would first give them a warning and ask them to please settle down. If the student was acting on their own, I'd move them to the front of the classroom so he could keep a closer eye on them. If they were acting out in a group, he would separate the group of students. If they still continued after the warning and being moved/separated, he would remove them from the class and give them detention after school.

Provide at least 3 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
would walk around the room, observing the student's worksheets. As he walked past their desks, he'd occasionally give a reassuring smile to students that would look up at him as he walked by.

/me would carefully set down his coffee mug on his desk and put his heavy backpack on the floor underneath his desk chair. Sitting down in the chair and scooting himself closer to the desk, he'd turn on his computer and print out some worksheets. After waiting for a minute for the papers to finish printing, he'd walk over to the printer and collect them, then walk around the classroom and place a paper on each desk in preparation for his next class of students.

/me would walk over to the chalkboard and pick up a small piece of chalk, lifting his hand and writing the word 'homeostasis' on it. He'd then set the chalk down and clap his hands once to get his student's attention. He'd announce, "In today's lesson, we will be learning about homeostasis. Homeostasis is the body's ability to maintain internal balance." He'd then ask, "Who here can tell me what exactly homeostasis controls and what would happen if you do not have it?" He would call on the student in the back row with his hand up, giving them an encouraging smile.

Backstory
Lev was born in Apiranthos Village in Naxos, Greece. When he was 7, his mother died from a disease, leaving his father a widow. When she died, she gave Lev away to the authorities without telling his father. She didn't want him to grow up with a 'poor boy like him for a father'. Lev hopped from orphanage to orphanage, eventually finding himself in a group home in Russia. Lev finally was placed in a foster home, but they didn't treat him well and preferred the other kids over him. By the time he had turned 13, he decided enough was enough and ran away from the abusive environment he was in. He hopped on a train and eventually found his way to Karakura, Japan. Inspired by the hope of having a new life with new opportunities, he enrolled himself in the local high school. Growing a close bond with one of his teachers, she saw how much he struggled and took him in as one of her own. Because of her, he is who he is today. He always did everything he could to learn in classes and was considered a book nerd by his peers. To Lev, learning new information made him feel better about himself and helped him gain the self-confidence he was missing. His favorite subject was science - it was his favorite subject. Each biology class, he could be seen engaging in the lesson and discussions, enthusiastic about his science knowledge. He spent most of his free time in the library learning everything he could about the topics that fascinated him, which was mostly all related to biology and human anatomy. This distracted him from the troubling things he had going on in his life. He graduated 2nd of his class. He decided that he would pursue higher education and study in college to get his teaching certification. He studied in college and got his masters in education with a minor in biology with a focus in anatomy and physiology. He had accomplished all he ever wanted, but he still felt like something was missing. He realized that he could have all the knowledge in the world, but he felt it was pointless if he couldn't share it with others. He particularly enjoyed kids and young adults, so he decided, 'Why not teach what I love to the next generation of change makers?' Cherishing his goal, he returned to his home, Karakura, and applied to become an anatomy and physiology professor at the local community college. Before coming back to Karakura, he was a middle school biology teacher for a year. However, he was unhappy in that position and missed his home, so he moved back to Karakura to teach there.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name:

Lev Sango-Elyon.

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Mr.

Given Name(s):
Lev

Preferred Name:
Lev, Mr. Elyon

Religious Denomination:
Atheist

Marital Status:
Unmarried, single.

Nationality:
Greek, Russian

Current Location:
Karakura, Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years):

Working Experience (# of years):

Academic Degree:
Masters Degree

Year of Graduation:

Major(s):
Education

Minors:
Biology with a focus on anatomy and physiology

Native Languages:
Greek

Other Languages:
Russian, Japanese

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
N/A

Preferred Teaching Subject:
Anatomy and Physiology

Extra
If Anatomy and Physiology isn't possible, then Biology.

Additional notes about your application (if any):
I wrote part of this on the spot, so I apologize if some details are confusing/incorrect.

Do you have any questions?:
N/A

Last edited:

Tippie

Level 169
Senior Admin
College Sports Lead
Event Coordinator
Tippieeeeeeee
Tippieeeeeeee
Fundraiser+
Accepted
Welcome to the professor faction, the roles in-game & in discord will be given out shortly, more information about what's next will be provided in the #college-staff-chat channel. If you're not in the KA discord yet, join it via this link: https://discord.gg/kXG997PX

Users who are viewing this thread