strawbaeby8648

Do you have any previous bans?:

none

What is your timezone?:

pacific daylight time

What is your discord username and discriminator (e.g. Tippie#6666):

strawbb#1383

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:

yes, I acknowledge this policy and believe it is fair to uphold active professors that are serious about their position in school RP

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?:
I am active at least, 2 out of 7 days of the week, attending school RP is my main activity on the server and I check the forums twice a week and plan to update my profile to be more official and connected with the forums community

How long have you played SchoolRP for?:

over 1 year

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:

pending

Current Role/Degree/Grade on SchoolRP?:

grade 11 highschool

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a Professor?:

my deep interests in science, more specifically anatomy, and my ability to teach this subject OOC will make an engaging class to teach in this setting. OOC I have taken anatomy, biology, and physiology and tutored in anatomy, being able to teach people has been very rewarding for me, and with my pre-organized notes, I can teach in an orderly fashion using the atanomic hierarchy of structural organization. i believe this will be a fun opportunity to get closer to the community and to meet new people who share my interests in RP

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?:

classroom logs are documentations of classes taught, this is to keep track of the expectations of teachers and to also keep track of our quota to teach 15 classes per month

As a Professor, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

1:absolutely no talking when I am talking unless told otherwise
2: stay seated at all times unless told otherwise
3: no foul language
4: no back talkers
5: no disrespect to myself and other students
6: follow school ground rules
7: students will take it upon themselves to dismiss themselves from the class if they are becoming a distraction (ex: taking a phone call)
failure to comply will result in getting kicked out of the classroom and/or detention. in a college setting these rules should be common knowledge and expected among such students

Summarize your previous RP experience's (both in general and on SchoolRP):

in the past, i have typically done fantasy RP and combatRP. one of my current RP servers is HomeTown, where I've built a work in progress high school RP

College-Professor Knowledge

Please show your knowledge of College-Professors. What are the tasks a College-Professor has to complete, What is a College-Professor's salary?

a professor's job is to be a respectable representative of the school; to teach and assist students, and to maintain a good record. every month college professors must complete a minimum of 10 classes in order to earn their monthly salary of ¥450,000. professors have the opportunity to complete an extra 15 classes to earn an extra ¥50,000; making it ¥500,000 a month
Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he/she look like? What makes him/her unique and different? What is his/her outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his/her personality like? What is his/her plan for the future?

a 5'2 fit female with long thick brown hair, dark brown eyes, red cheeks, and petite lips. she has an athletic build, dresses comfortably in Addidas sweats and a tight-fitting white shirt. her voice is slightly deep but gentle as well as she, and enjoys athletic activities such as the weight room in her free time.
she is very kind unless provoked, likes helping others. very serious about her priorities, doesn't stand for any foul play, and will be loud and stern if necessary. she's very much a listener and enjoys other's company, values her relationships with others, and is sensitive deep down. highly values the genuine and respect in people, is competitive but very professional, and is stern in her 'work mode' and easygoing 'nonwork mode'.
Josephine has the habit of expecting the worst class to ever come through that door, but once she knows her class meets up to her expectations she will become a little more easygoing. she expects maximal effort out of each of her students and will make sure to get them to where they need to be at an academic level

Scenarios

You find a group of sport-team members screaming and shouting in the halls, What do you do?

i would apologize to my class for the disruption and excuse myself out into the hallway. i approach the loud disruptive students and get their attention by yelling sharply, "EXCUSE ME''. i then give them an earful about classroom and hallway etiquette that should be followed at all hours of school. id issue them a warning and even immediate detention should they talk back, urge them to take their conversation outside and wait until they leave before walking back to my classroom and apologizing to my students once more as I get back to the lesson.

A College-Student is disturbing the class and won’t listen to a word you’re saying, What do you do?

Josephine approaches the student, clearly irritated," Mr/Ms (student), I will not have you take away my precious time with your disrespectful demeanor, i gave you the opportunity to follow the directions of my class and I have zero tolerance for this immature behavior. leave this class immediately, I will see you in detention. Josephine walks the student out the door and quickly changes her attitude for the respectful students sitting patiently waiting for the class to resume.

Provide at least 3 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
"good afternoon class, take your seats immediately" she fans herself with a stack of papers from the hot afternoon air of late September while the class settles in. she waits until the last student is seated in their chair. she licks her fingers and grabs a suitable amount of papers and sets them on each front desk, "pass them to the person behind you please, this will be the last time I will be distributing note-taking paper, from here on you are expected to bring a notebook and a pencil to class." she places the remaining papers to the side of the desk and straitens herself out, taking a deep breath, "now, welcome to anatomy! I hope everyone had a restful weekend, now, we will be going about the course according to the hierarchy of structural organization, can anyone name the structures in order?"

/me
she walks about the classroom and students study bone boxes provided by the school, they contain a fragile skull, sacrum, sternum, vertebrae, ribs, and mandible. a full skeleton stand is placed at the front of the class for students to come up and study, a student raises their hand, "yes?" she listens intently to the question. "so, the reason horses are born able to walk and we are not is because of the improvement of our posture and the development of our brain from using our digitals throughout evolution. are born underdeveloped so that our heads may pass through the pelvis bone, thus the reasoning for cone-shaped heads and underdeveloped kneecaps in newborn babies. that was a good question, remember class, anatomy gives us the answers to many everyday questions about the human body so don't be afraid to ask." feeling pleased with herself, she walks over to a student with a question about the vertebrae...

/me
"furthermore, when identifying a structure, you must identify whether the epithelial cell is squamous, cuboidal, or colu-" Josephine is interrupted by light snoring to her right side of the class, the class notices her abrupt stop and turns to see a sleeping student in the corner desk. she stands and starts toward the student, picking up a big textbook on her way to the desk and slams it hard on the table, flexing her toned arms and causing the class to jump, including the sleeping student, he/she looks up shocked and disoriented, "I should not have to verbally express that I do not tolerate sleeping in my class, if you are too tired to attend my class and pay attention to my fast-paced lectures then you should stay home or chug a monster before class. i will see you in detention after class, and your homework assignment for tonight is to get a goodnight rest, if this continues to happen I advise you to see a doctor." she turns away and walks back to the front of the desk, changing her tone of voice and continuing on with the lesson as if nothing had happened.

Backstory

Josephine Martinez was born in Jalisco Mexico in 1994, at the age of 4 she and her family moved to the US in southern California where she attended elementary school, middle school, and high school. throughout her life, she expressed a clear interest in bodily sciences, bombarding her siblings with the operation board game and flipping through science books in her elementary library. such hobbies kept her preoccupied, including running around being aggressive with her younger brother. in middle school she developed a new profound love for marine biology, her school was fortunate enough to have a big science program ranging from robotics to physics. Josephine was given the opportunity to attend many marine biology events such as studying a week on Catalina Island, spending the night at the aquarium, and of course, taking a marine biology class. in her 8th grade year during a regular lunch day she was throwing away her trash when she collapsed in the cafeteria. she was rushed to the hospital and when she awoke she was surrounded by her friends and family in a hospital bed. the doctor soon came in and diagnosed her with type 1 diabetes. her family and friends were shocked, as nobody in their family had a history with diabetes, and in disbelief by the uncommon late diagnosis that would have been commonly diagnosed as a toddler. from then on she adapted well to having diabetes, finding new motivation to be fit and work out at the gym. by the time she entered high school, her marine biology phase was outgrown, and her interests leaned back toward bodily sciences. after high school, she attended a two-year community college and transferred to a four-year college to complete a master's degree in science in anatomy. soon after graduation she was given the opportunity to travel abroad to visit karakura japan in which she gladly accepted. in short, she fell in love with everything karakura had to offer and ventured to start a new life, hoping to apply her academic achievements as something to offer to her new home.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name:
Josephine martinez

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Ms. Martinez, preferably Ms. M

Given Name(s):
josephine

Preferred Name:
josephine

Religious Denomination:
agnostic

Marital Status:
not married

Nationality:
guadalajara, mexico

Current Location:
karakura, japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years):

3 years
Working Experience (# of years):

11 years

Academic Degree:

masters degree of science in anatomy

Year of Graduation:

Major(s):
anatomy, physiology, biology

Minors:
social science

Native Languages:
English

Other Languages:
Spanish, german, japanese

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:

yes
Preferred Teaching Subject:
anatomy

Additional notes about your application (if any):
i would like to request ways of improvement should my application be denied, thank you

Tippie

Level 169
Senior Admin
College Sports Lead
Event Coordinator
Tippieeeeeeee
Tippieeeeeeee
Fundraiser+
Denied
Thank you for applying, unfortunately, we have decided to deny this application due to the following reasons:
- Though the application was well written we'd like you to have more experience in SchoolRP before letting you onto the faction, once you feel like you have enough experience feel free to re-apply

Users who are viewing this thread