Level 1
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft Username?

andydreww

Do you have any previous bans?
None

What is your time zone?
CST

What is your discord username and discriminator (e.g. Tippie#6666)
andydreww#8816

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?
Yes, I do.

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?
To put it simply, ‘sporadic’ would be the best way to put my prior history. As noted in the sparse forum activity amidst 2016, 2018, and 2020, I mainly lurked around the forums or in-game whenever I had spare time on my hands. My memories involving The Dojo, Karakura’s 2016 build with the cherry blossom garden in its center, and other fun mementos of the past are still pieces of history I recall. Yet, inconsistency is something that nobody should tolerate, and I acknowledge how my inconsistency is reflected.
Returning with the ambition of being a more grounded and consistent player, I’ve begun exploring SchoolRP again with my closest friend group. We’ve talked about in-game and OOC plans, leading me to dig around for guides/documents on the forums and Discord servers, roaming around and making new friends, and essentially learning more about how systems and communities worked. It helps me touch base with things I’ve forgotten, and how new ideas/aspects are to be learned. And with the school year approaching in September for me, I plan on adopting a balance between outside academics and professor accordance. My base goal involves boosting my presence in-game and out, through forums, Discord, or other means as needed. While I can’t pinpoint an exact amount of hours or certain timeframes, I’m looking forward to putting myself accountable for my activity, and I’ll gladly raise my bar as needed.

How long have you played SchoolRP for?
As referenced above, I’ve played SchoolRP amidst its 2016, 2018, and 2020 eras. While I hold memories back then, I’d mostly summarize my time in the server for those years and currently. I lurk in the forums or I more often observe in-game rather than actively participating in either. Both are aspects I want to uproot and change for the better, and such I plan on doing.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?
None

Current Role/Degree/Grade on SchoolRP?
[Grade-11] Emerson Friedrich

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a Professor?
Whenever I find interest in pursuing leadership, it mainly stems from my ambitions and goals for success. Granted, a Professor role isn’t the greatest means of leadership in the SchoolRP framework. Yet, Professors resemble a significant form of player leadership, separate from the staff-like positions. Professors provide their time and creativity to offer players quality interactions, atmosphere, or roleplay in general. Put simply, these individuals help keep the server’s engagement flowing in the collegiate echelon. I wish to join their ranks and carve better experiences for players to engage with.

I’m not applying for Professor for the sake of wanting to experience a college setting or to break my boredom spell, or to even use this for killing time. I want to make something constructive out of my time and efforts as a Professor, however that may be. To build relations with students and faculty, whether collectively or through one person at a time. Creating an environment that holds both immersion and, dare I say, fun. Or to give someone the opportunity and limelight they need to feel like they’re actually seen with their character.

I’m applying to be a Professor because I know I can do all of that and more. If you’re passionate about making a community better, then you need the drive and determination to do so.

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?
Classroom logs act as records for the given professor’s ‘track record’ so to say. They reflect the professor’s activity and provide the ability for salary disbursement, check-ins in case people aren’t as active in that time being, and other logistical means. Essentially, classroom logs are a means for bookkeeping, and bookkeeping is how responsibility can be recognized.

As a Professor, what are the strict rules when being in a class?
[!] This list may be updated whenever deemed appropriate.

1) Classroom Communication
While class is underway, no students should be talking/speaking with each other unless called upon for answering questions, called up for asking questions, or if admitted for discussion that involves partner/group work. Any student who leaves the classroom without following this protocol will face consequences after the lecture is completed. Students are permitted to exit class for the bathroom if asking for permission first but are expected to return soon after. If excusing for the bathroom turns into a suspicious pattern from the student(s), the Professor may reference this and issue appropriate constraints such as a limited amount of students leaving or establishing times when they may be excused to leave for the restroom.

2) Phone Etiquette
Phones are to be silenced and untouched when the class period starts. Using your phone during class won’t be permitted unless the Professor allows so. If caught for the first time, the student will be given a warning. In the next instance, the warning will be issued again, referencing the means of reporting to school authorities. Upon the third warning, the student will be reported to college officials for disrupting and breaking classroom guidelines. If the student has an emergency, they may speak with the Professor in a private disclosure for transparency. The Professor may then allow the student to call or send a message as necessary.

3) Food/Drink Etiquette
The student must finish their food items before entering the classroom/lesson. This includes light snacks, meals, flavored beverages, etc. The only exception is students are allowed to bring water with them for hydration. The student will be asked once to put away their food items as a warning if seen. For a second warning, the Professor will reference a report to school authorities. A third warning will result in an official citation to school authorities for disrupting and breaking classroom guidelines.

For students within the drinking age, no alcohol is allowed within the classroom no matter the context. As alcohol is prohibited on school grounds, this will be immediately brought forward to college officials should students be found with alcoholic items on them.

4) Academic Conduct/Dishonesty
Students must finish their assignments and tasks in an appropriate manner, whether it be in a given time constraint or based on assignment requirements. Any student caught cheating with assignments, plagiarising another student’s work, or inappropriately conducting themselves via other manners will be immediately reported to college officials. This will be handled in a case-by-case manner whenever seen.

If a student wishes to discuss assignments/tasks and their given timelines, they may discuss these subjects with the Professor. However, this will not guarantee prospects such as extended deadlines, groupwork assistance, etc.

5) Respect & Environment
All students are to respect one another and the respective faculty when inside the classroom, whether during or after class. There is no tolerance for intolerance. Any report on students harassing others or acting in aggressive or dangerous manners (via foul language, physical confrontations, or other negative connotations) will be investigated immediately by the appropriate authorities.

Summarize your previous RP experiences (both in general and on SchoolRP)
I originally began roleplaying in the midst of 2014, hopping around on fantasy-themed roleplay servers as I was more interested in that genre at the time. I wasn’t really interested in the idea of roleplay itself despite me reading more into server lore, races, chat systems, etc. I more so heard about the subject through YouTube videos, so I wanted to see for myself what the scene was like. Frankly, roleplaying caught me off-guard with how overwhelming it seemed to me. All these fancy commands, the idea of character creation when I had the imagination of a turnip at the time, and engaging with other people with how reserved I was back then seemed too much for me to handle. I mainly observed roleplay as a ghost/spectator instead, as I wasn’t confident in my writing abilities with how I struggled with English/Language Arts classes back then.

Leading into 2016 was when I began diving more into the roleplay scene. I started to like reading then (crazy, right?) and didn’t seem too skeptical about making characters. I was still around fantasy servers then, but I then began branching out to modern settings to try something new. One of these locales was SchoolRP. I originally joined with an old group of people and I had fun meeting others, participating in events, and just chilling at spawn talking about characters. It was a nice change of pace from caging myself inside of a peanut gallery box. While I didn’t hang around often since I had outside responsibilities, I gained confidence in actually putting myself out there. I then began playing into more characters, whether as fantasy knights and nobles or as modern high schoolers, college students, or the occasional adult. Granted, I was still rather inept with character development, but this was a step in the right direction.

With graduating high school and the beginnings of college taking over in 2018, I didn’t have time to jump into roleplay consistently. I joined communities that seemed to dissolve soon after I tried putting in effort for them (Minecraft, Discord, and other MMO settings alike). However, I found ambitious, talented, and wonderful people during these adventures on other servers. We sometimes then jumped into SchoolRP again, more to get a slice of nostalgia out of the place. The idea of settling into the SchoolRP scene and building up more concretely, whether with our characters or in a FamilyRP sense, crossed our minds. Unfortunately, the prospect never came around entirely. Although, despite these sporadic moments, it was fun to jump into Karakura again and still get fun engagement with players, whether they were students, faculty, or other city roles. They were small, rather quaint moments, but I still enjoyed them nonetheless.

Now, as a more experienced writer and I suppose roleplayer in general, I’m looking forward to facing a new setting with plenty to learn and plenty of new faces to meet. I’m excited that Professor applications are available for those that want to pursue that kind of setting and not gatekept in a greedy or malicious manner. I have a fair share of teaching roleplay from both fantasy and modern settings, in the sense of classroom conduct and student-mentor interactions. Yet, I’m eager to push myself to the next level and elevate not only my experiences but other players' experiences as well.

College-Professor Knowledge

Please show your knowledge of College-Professors. What are the tasks a College-Professor has to complete, What is a College-Professor's salary?
Professors, in a sense, are role models for the collegiate campus. To ensure students and fellow faculty alike are behaving appropriately. To create an environment free of danger and hostility. To guide students towards their future goals, whatever they may be. Professors are accountable for elevating the academic professionalism of Karakura College, primarily through the integrity and conduct of quality education. As said before, there’s to be no tolerance for intolerance. Professors are also expected to provide examinations for students per their degree graduation, whatever degree level the given student is on.
Regarding functionality, Professors must appropriately complete a total of 15 classes for their ¥450,000 salary. Should the Professor appropriately complete 10 additional classes (totaling 25 classes then), the Professor may earn an additional ¥50,000 for a grand total of ¥500,000. All of these classes must be appropriately recorded to ensure this minimum quota and extensive bonus are properly noted.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. What does he/she look like? What makes him/her unique and different? What is his/her outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his/her personality like? What is his/her plan for the future?
Sebastián is nothing short of sophistication. His creamy dark brown hair, deep-toned and shaded eyes, properly styled eyebrows, sharp facial features, and beautiful full lips all derive from his mother. A spitting image of her, really. Yet it’s a shame Sebastián didn’t carry any imperative traits from his father, besides the tall height he had before. Regarding clothing aesthetics, Sebastián keeps a posh attitude. He’s usually seen in dress shirts, slacks, and reasonably fashionable boots or dress shoes. He also doesn’t tend to sport flashy accessories such as rings, sentimental necklaces, or other baubles. His style is clean and simple, just as he aims for with his instruction. However, he may dress in a full suit attire for the professional occasion, whether that may be college assemblies and events, faculty meetings, or simply dressing up for today’s given lecture.

Although growing up and becoming a bright and brilliant individual, Sebastián was not a fan of social engagement, typically sticking to the outskirts of large groups or backgrounds in general. He preferred creating an intellectual framework for himself, especially with the tasks and feats ahead of him as he was heavily interested in academia over the outside industry. However, his academic reclusion brewed boredom and isolation sooner than he expected, making him realize that a new change of pace was what he needed. He began digging into Professorship after completing several years of university research for his university’s Department of English and German Studies.

What helped this transition to teach was Sebastián’s approach to presentation and communication. He tended to twist his teaching style not too often, but enough to where there isn’t a sense of boring repetition. Silent reading and classwork one day and the next, a group-based seminar to share thoughts and answer questions. Perhaps a “game day” of sorts to help boost peer collaboration and teaching may also be on the menu. Learning isn’t about following one road to the right answer. Rather, it’s to build roads in general, for students should learn collectively and without the fear of being left behind. Per that mentality, Sebastián enjoys the company of his students, especially those interested in pushing themselves for betterment in his classes rather than just seeing them as “necessary to graduate”. Yet, despite his comfort around students, Sebastián may put up a reserve and cloistered wall when around fellow faculty. Not necessarily out of disdain, but more to seem polite and courteous. His walls may lower once he recognizes a clear connection with the given faculty member.

During his time in teaching, Sebastián has two primary goals in mind. Both are rather simple in essence. To help his students become successful graduates, for they will become leaders for future generations. And to grow into a better educator, as a means of improving his conduct and efforts for future students. Selfless in nature, perhaps at times to a fault, Sebastián aims for a better tomorrow. Frankly, he thinks everyone should have the same prospect too.

Scenarios

You find a group of sport-team members screaming and shouting in the halls, What do you do?
Sebastián’s not a fan of loud noises and disturbances in general, to begin with. He’d typically approach these instances with questions on what was happening. After learning more about the given topic, whether involving an argument, the celebration of a sport-team win, or otherwise, Sebastián would heed their words. He’d sort out the given outcome with a disclosure about the sport-team members disrupting other people amidst the hallways. Should these members continue their disrupting, Sebastián would return with a more stern warning, referencing the idea of reporting to the members’ coaches and taking their matters outside or away from school grounds. In a third instance, Sebastián would report the group to respective sport-team coaches and other authorities if needed.

A College-Student is disturbing the class and won’t listen to a word you’re saying, What do you do?
Classroom guidelines exist for a reason. Depending on the disturbance, Sebastián would approach the student and offer a polite warning, for either they are supposed to be doing individual work, paying attention to the lecture, or they simply needed to keep quiet. Should this become an issue, Sebastián would discuss this behavior with the student after dismissing everyone else for the day. He’d likely remind the student about his guidelines and mantra of ‘no tolerance for intolerance’ for the sake of fellow students, as they probably feel similarly disturbed as Sebastián was. Hopefully, this serves as a fine learning lesson for the student, should it not become a greater problem later down the line.

Provide at least 3 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom
/me offered a momentary pause for students to develop their answers. As Sebastián waited, he gathered the papers on his desk together, a collection of notes he made over the journal entry’s themes and literary components. Perfect for comparing his students’ answers and discussions.

/me reached for the blue ballpoint pen that sat near his lecture folders. He began writing a note on the side of a student’s essay booklet when a knock on the classroom door caught his attention. Sebastián cleared his throat before calling out, “May I help you?”

/me drew a clean line across the chalkboard that connected the two literary element terms together. He then wrote one of the poem's main themes underneath this drawn line, cementing the context within this tutoring session’s lecture. His gaze then returned towards his students, “As seen on line twenty-seven. Any questions?”

Backstory
Sebastián was homeschooled for a good portion of his childhood, up until his middle school years. His parents originally enrolled him through public schools, but at some point, decided to pull Sebastián out after showing struggles with his schoolwork. Unfortunately, no one from his classes bothered to keep tabs on his disappearance, a few even grateful as they were somewhat intimidated by Sebastián's overzealous personality for success in school.

Despite the turbulence with his adjusted education, and after several years of homeschooling, the notion of further education was on the horizon. Sebastián's parents thought it’d be a perfect idea for their son to spread his wings and fly! To some extent, of course. Mostly, it would serve to help Sebastián refine his future potential. Of the universities available, Sebastián was interested in the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (the Autonomous University of Barcelona in English). He grew an affinity not because of his parents’ prior attendance there, but the notion seemed almost too coincidental given the university’s English programs linking with his strengths in writing, research, and other humanities subjects.

Throughout his initial years at the Autonomous University of Barcelona, Sebastián slowly earned a decent social presence and character, breaking his lone wolf attitude as he earned trust from those he frequented. Yet, Sebastián faced extensive pressure on both financial and familial levels. He then took time off of school to be at home and help pull his family back together. His anticipated plans for graduate school and future academic promises came to a grinding halt then. After weathering through family feuds to restore the peace and saving up to complete his Bachelor's degree, Sebastián felt comfortable once more while attending his studies at Barcelona. Thankfully, there weren’t any more disturbances, and thus he went on to complete his Master's degree as well.

Once completing his Master's degree, Sebastián spent time as a university research worker for the Department of English and German studies. His actual first step toward a career in Professorship was with the research professor he was working under. Sebastián was in the midst of polishing fellow research team members' theses when his professor referenced the idea of joining the faculty. Initially hesitant, Sebastián allowed the thought to brew in his mind first. He wasn’t entirely confident in his ability to teach actual students versus a fellow research team member. However, the notion seemed too enticing for him not to try. Sebastián then pursued a Doctorate's degree and grew more into university teaching at the Complutense University of Madrid. He learned about quality practices and conduct regarding English studies, morphing his mind into a more organized manner, befitting for leadership both inside and outside the classroom.

After graduating with his Doctorate, a thrill for adventure seeped into Sebastián’s mind. He wanted to extend his efforts outside of his bubble in Spain, perhaps reaching out to a new place for new challenges and achievements. Sebastián’s foreign language credits came in handy as he then scoured across different regions of the world for a university position. For his own sake, he looked into TEFL certification in case his efforts would land him in a new setting that needed it. Thus, he now anticipates this search as the next chapter in his newfound career.

In-Character Information

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name

Sebastián Cortés Fernández

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss)
Mr.

Given Name(s)
Sebastián, Sebastian

Preferred Name
Sebastián

Religious Denomination
Agnostic

Marital Status
Unmarried

Nationality
Spaniard

Current Location
Barcelona, Spain

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years)

1.5 Years

Working Experience (# of years)
6 Years

Academic Degree:
Autonomous University of Barcelona - Bachelors in English Studies
Autonomous University of Barcelona - Masters in Advanced English Studies
Complutense University of Madrid - Doctorate in English Linguistics

Year(s) of Graduation:
Bachelors - May 2011
Masters - May 2013
Doctorate - May 2018

Major(s)
(Advanced) English Studies, specialty in Literature and Cultural Studies & English Linguistics

Minors
None

Native Languages
Spanish

Other Languages
Japanese & Portuguese

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?
Yes.

Preferred Teaching Subject
English

Extra

Additional notes about your application (if any)

Should I be accepted, I’ll then make language applications for Sebastián’s Spanish and Portuguese per language guidelines.

Do you have any questions?
Not at this time. Thank you for reviewing my application.

Last edited:

Tippie

Level 169
Senior Admin
College Sports Lead
Event Coordinator
Tippieeeeeeee
Tippieeeeeeee
Fundraiser+
Denied
Thank you for taking the time to apply! Unfortunately, compared with the other applicants I've chosen to deny this application.

You can re-apply at any time!

Users who are viewing this thread