Animals and school grounds

Reapz999

Level 20
Reapz999
Reapz999
Rich+
IGN: Reapz999 / SCP_662
DATE: 1/29/22
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Animals cannot go onto school grounds at all, when realistically for example birds would go onto trees, or animals would happen to wander in. i can understand restricting from being inside the school, but locking off a large part of the map entirely does not feel fair. they should be allowed to be on grounds but away from the school.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: this will benefit people with animal whitelists and add some realism to the server, as some animals could realistically wander into and out of school grounds, by restricting access it removes some realism and keeps a large portion of the map blocked off, though it has some downsides i believe its more realistic to allow being on school grounds away from the building aside from just service dogs.

another bit of support is for birds, they cannot even fly over the school half the time, I was earlier teleported to spawn bc i was elevating to fly over the school

Hamburger

Level 187
LocalHamburger
LocalHamburger
Fundraiser+
+1
I can agree with this because I do not get why some animals just come into school grounds.
But also, I do not know how this could work as far as the animals not coming into this school since the doors are basically open for even a bear to fit in.

Reapz999

Level 20
Reapz999
Reapz999
Rich+
+1
I can agree with this because I do not get why some animals just come into school grounds.
But also, I do not know how this could work as far as the animals not coming into this school since the doors are basically open for even a bear to fit in.
but animals like birds, ducks, snails, even dogs or cats. bears cant even leave the forest

Synn

Level 6
IGN: Reapz999 / SCP_662
DATE: 1/29/22
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Animals cannot go onto school grounds at all, when realistically for example birds would go onto trees, or animals would happen to wander in. i can understand restricting from being inside the school, but locking off a large part of the map entirely does not feel fair. they should be allowed to be on grounds but away from the school.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: this will benefit people with animal whitelists and add some realism to the server, as some animals could realistically wander into and out of school grounds, by restricting access it removes some realism and keeps a large portion of the map blocked off, though it has some downsides i believe its more realistic to allow being on school grounds away from the building aside from just service dogs.

another bit of support is for birds, they cannot even fly over the school half the time, I was earlier teleported to spawn bc i was elevating to fly over the school
+1 This makes a lot of sense considering how many schools around the world have many animals just roam around the area/"school ground"; I've personally had a dog walk into the school building at my elementary school so as for the "realism" aspect of it, it makes sense 100% and if allowing all animals like dogs/cats/bears is too big a leap for srp then simply allow the birds and the snails. I've seen many birds sit in trees around my school from the first grade to now and it's not something unheard of.

Reapz999

Level 20
Reapz999
Reapz999
Rich+
+1 This makes a lot of sense considering how many schools around the world have many animals just roam around the area/"school ground"; I've personally had a dog walk into the school building at my elementary school so as for the "realism" aspect of it, it makes sense 100% and if allowing all animals like dogs/cats/bears is too big a leap for srp then simply allow the birds and the snails. I've seen many birds sit in trees around my school from the first grade to now and it's not something unheard of.
animals being near schools is normal, i can understand some adults shooing them away but we should be allowed to be on grounds, awy from the building

CakeRPiscool

Level 53
EGGRP
EGGRP
Omega
-1. Even tho it might benefit rp I don’t think it would be a great fit. I like the current state where animals can’t go onto school grounds unless it’s a service animal and all that.

Reapz999

Level 20
Reapz999
Reapz999
Rich+
-1. Even tho it might benefit rp I don’t think it would be a great fit. I like the current state where animals can’t go onto school grounds unless it’s a service animal and all that.
thats a fair point, but think about the animal players cannot even go slightly into school grounds without getting yelled at

suu

Level 38
TanoshiiDays
TanoshiiDays
Rich+
+1
I get that bears mustn't leave the forest and such, but why are we restricting birds from flying over the school? Realistically you don't control where birds fly towards, they fly and do their bird thing.

Infi

Level 132
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
Although animals will bring a sense of realism to the school, I'm putting in account to the students and teachers that will be affected by this. It's difficult enough for teachers to have functional classes with the way some of the students act during class, and allowing animals onto campus will only cause more disruptions and stress not just ICly but OOCly as well for the faculty.

Lizalopod

Level 130
+1

Make it legal OOCly, but illegal ICly

Therefore, pets (dogs, cats, etc) would not be allowed in school, yet they could still be sneaked in (at the risk of being caught) I feel like this would be much more realistic and importantly, more fun, than just restricting animals to not go into school

Reapz999

Level 20
Reapz999
Reapz999
Rich+
+1

Make it legal OOCly, but illegal ICly

Therefore, pets (dogs, cats, etc) would not be allowed in school, yet they could still be sneaked in (at the risk of being caught) I feel like this would be much more realistic and importantly, more fun, than just restricting animals to not go into school
this makes much more sense

Undesires

Level 21
Undesires
Undesires
Omega
+1

I feel like it being an OOC rule is kinda dumb. KHS' gates are always open, meaning ducks, cats, dogs, birds, etc. would wander in because of it being such an open space. Not being allowed on school at ALL isn't realistic in the slightest. I also feel like birds would fly into the middle of the school, as well. It's really boring having to sit around outside gates, because 90% of the server is in school. I understand adults have to do that, but realistically, an adult would not get on school grounds at all. Animals should be allowed in gates but not in the building.

Users who are viewing this thread