Anonymous call command

llSockll

Level 5
IGN: llSockll
DATE: 8/7/2023
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Anonymous phone call
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

With this command you would be able to call someone with an anonymous number or something that would read "No Caller ID" This number would be able to be tracked only by the previous location it was used at that time. So police would need to question people who were potentially in the surrounding areas or use cctv cameras to hopefully identify the caller using the phone.

F1F4

Level 7
F1F4
F1F4
Notable+
This can work with a well-organized plugin to it. However, this also can come with many issues. One disadvantage to the police, but also an advantage to the caller is that the caller's location is pinged once and only the location where they called from. However, cameras can come into play, patrols, etc. Identifying the caller becomes a labor-intensive process that may or may not yield results.

One risk I can think of is this command being abused for almost every call, or used to prank call others. If the plugin were to somehow eliminate that from occurring, then that'd be fantastic.

This command does come with weaknesses, from how I can imagine it.
- Traceable Previous Location: the number is traceable only to the previous location where it was used. This creates a limited window for investigation, and if the caller moves quickly or frequently, tracking becomes more challenging. Weakness for the police.

- Dependence on Surrounding People: At some point, the police will have to rely on questions and CCTV cameras. That's a weakness of the police since it may not give results as stated before.

Overall, it makes it more difficult for the police. Do I like that? Not that much. The general idea of this command is genuinely very cool but it'd only be cool if it was made and utilized properly in order to avoid rule-breaking and unnecessary spam calls. There also should be weaknesses to the caller to maintain the balance in difficulty between the police and the caller. For example... uh. Yes! The caller's phone would be tracked every 2 minutes, delivering a ping to the police. One way to avoid it? Break your phone, or cut the service. Even then, they may catch up to you. Another example would be the call can be tracked constantly during the interaction, and in that case, it would be up to the caller to be wise with the time given.

I'll give this a +/-1 for now until I see what everyone has to say about this!

DarkEclipic

Level 159
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
+1

I think they said they were gonna add this in a previous suggestion? I could be wrong but this would be cool

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- We already have something similar (a pay-phone) on the list for an upcoming update, however anonymous calling from hand-held devices will not be implemented​

Users who are viewing this thread