mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Appending Suggestion

Bookish

Level 17
Before I begin, there are probably more of these but still-

IGN: MintRP
DATE: 6/25/21
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: I've heard numerous SRP players complain about this, mainly the ones like me who like to DetailRP. The suggestion I want intergrated is appending emotes. I know this is proabably a plugin, but it's extremely useful on FRP. Basically, its a way to make one super long /me or action. All that would need to happen is the following (shown through images):

1. Type the beginning of your action until you reach character limit, deleteing the last word and putting in -- instead. Press enter.
Screenshot 2021-06-25 133029.png

(If done correctly, the following message, or something like this, should appear in chat. You could be able to hover over it, as you can in FRP, and view your previous emote to keep your /me on track and such.)
Screenshot 2021-06-25 133038.png

2. Type the rest of your message WITHOUT putting /me at the beginning, just continuing as you would. No need for color commands either. Press enter.
[image didn't work, but it would look like this, obviously with the words I used:]
the carpet, cringing in disgust.

3. View your /me in chat.
Screenshot 2021-06-25 133110.png
As shown, there is no indication of 2 messages being made. I think this would be especially useful for those working as EMS, as frequently I see the + symbol being used. It just looks sloppy when you have 1 message that's thorough and in depth, then it just cuts off for up to a minute until you get the next part of the message. Also, this would make it much faster if the message is being copy-and-pasted, as wherever the /me is being kept the -- could be prewritten. Here's an example, though I'm not great at MedicalRP so we'll assume that the character limit is reached.

/me The woman would pull out a needle and cleanse the arm of the patient-- [next /me] with a sterile wipe. She'd insert the needle...

The /me would go on, but it would appear like this:

[EMS NAMETAG] The woman would pull out a needle and cleanse the arm of the patient with a sterile wipe. She'd insert the needle...

Thanks for reading this over, and I hope this suggestion helped.

Bookish

Level 17
Also, I'm not sure if /event's have character limits, but if so, this would make it a lot more sensory. Teachers could provide more detail as to what their lesson will be about and make them more pleasing to the eye for /intercom's.

Another thing I thought of is that in most job applications, prepared, detailed /me's are supposed to be made. I see a wide variety of 'detail', since /me's can range from 20 characters to the full 256. 1-2 appended /me's could be required to really show how well the person could DetailRP.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
make it so u can do it for everything

a really long description or at least a slighty longer one would be useful for everybody

Bookish

Level 17
make it so u can do it for everything

a really long description or at least a slighty longer one would be useful for everybody

Yeahh! That's the idea, just make DetailRP less messy. As someone who writes for (icly) yen, the 256 character limit can be REALLY frustrating, especially adding in color and format. I manage it pretty well, but I'd love to have a lot more.

RAYHM

Level 193
RAYHM
RAYHM
Rich+
ACCEPTED
-------------------------------------
Thank you for your feedback!

• The following idea will be worked on in the background.

Users who are viewing this thread