V_Is_Fruity101

Level 114
Spacetism
Spacetism
Rich+
IGN: Spacetism

DATE: 19/09/2023

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
That apple watches have the same benefits as phones (e.g. Using to text, using to call etc.).

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
This is because you spend, roughly, 50k, or around that price, on an apple watch and using it just for show is kinda not worth the price. Atleast either lowering the price OR adding texting/calling from apple watches will help. Although to do this, you must have a smartphone already and it must be turned on, you cannot do this with a flip phone. To prevent people just buying an apple watch, you must pull out your phone to check your phone number and you cant check it from the watch.

This would be cool if possible, if not, it's understandable. It's just ridiculously priced, personal opinion, for something so little to roleplay (with).

imgayforwomen

Level 110
byewilliam
byewilliam
Rich
neutral

not really a point to it, plus takes more coding to link the watch item and the phone item
just itemrp if u really wanna use an apple watch icly

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
Seems convoluted and unnecessary, if you need a phone to use the watch anyway, there's no reason to not just use the phone.

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
saying it's not worth the price for just a cosmetic is like saying all other hats/accessories/jewelry/electronics that are purely cosmetic on the server aren't worth it; -1

vehicle

Level 29
vehelic
vehelic
Rich+
You're amazing, Vincent, but I have different views on this. The next section is just going to be me rambling about my random thought process, so if you don't want to read that, skip to the last sentence at the bottom.

Firstly, it's unnecessary to have another cosmetic that does quite literally the same thing as a smartphone. I know that realism is an iffy topic here but think about it. You have to move your arm to view your watch, no? Even right-clicking to view your watch is also just really... not it? (I don't know how else to explain my disliking to that idea).

To basically just sum all that up; if you don't like the price, don't buy it.

Oliverium

Level 53
Oliverium
Oliverium
Omega+

What if you're mid RP (gang/criminal/who knows that) and someone calls with cops on the watch? Mugging would be complicated because you can't just take it. People would argue that the band is secure or the type to not easily come off. There are Apple Watches irl that have cellular vs not cellular so might as well settle on the not cellular option that only works with phones nearby.

Lazeas

Level 47
people are overthinking this, it wouldn't be too hard for a watch ingame to act as a smartphone and have the same ingames rules applied to them. doesn't matter either way tho

kustomzero

Level 130
circusjax
circusjax
Omega
-1 Just use your phone. I believe this would also be difficult to implement by the developers.

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- This is actually something on our development list, however its features would in theory be quite limited.​

Users who are viewing this thread