mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Denied |/~> Application for Cultural History Teacher -Z Universe <~\|

Status
Not open for further replies.
IGN (In Game Name): ZadiusUniverse
Previous bans: No previous bans.

Describe your activity on the server:

I mainly walk around with my friends, converse with other students, hang out and have a good time. I also do attend classes when I am not busy in the real world dealing with things like homework and work. I do also come on pretty much every day for around 2 to 3 hours. But on weekends up to 4 or 5 again depending on homework.. But becoming a teacher will make that everyday, since I will try my best to get on.

Do you have TeamSpeak3?
No, sorry.

Do you have a microphone?
Again no, I have a terrible computer and not much money sorry.

List your current and past applications:

Currently, this is my first application for the SchoolRP Network. I have also applied for real life jobs before.

What is your motivation for applying?:

I would like to become a teacher to help educate this school. Plus, my friend said it would be a good idea to help fill up more time in my boring life. But I do actually want to educate students hopefully in a sort of fun way. (Nothing too crazy, don't worry.)

Summarize your previous experience (both in general and teacher wise):

I have role-played many times before as a teacher and have actually taught a few of the students actual things and facts based on the subject I was teaching, mainly History. I focus on role-playing games, so there's that. Also, I try make the role-play experience as realistic as possible and try to really bring my character to life.

Your Teachers In Game Name (Make it relevant to your Minecraft Name):
Mr Universe (Or MrUniverse if Spaces are Not Possible)
Your Teachers In Game Age: 29
Teachers Subject: Cultural History

Have you read & understood the megathread?

I have completely through the megathread as well as the advanced version and understand them fully.

From your perspective as of right now, identify one thing you would change about the Teacher Group. Why would you change that?

I would change the requirements to do a class at least once every school day perhaps down to at least 3 or 4 school days per week. I would change this because some people just can't get online in time either because of real life work/problems or because they are having trouble with their internet/computer. I think you should have to either message, tell, or email an admin or FilthyDuck himself what day you will be out on and perhaps why. I believe they should do this because then you could schedule a substitute teacher, if there are any available on that day or in general.

KNOWLEDGE

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in game and out of game, what purpose to they serve, what salary they get. Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in there spare time in general.

The purpose of Teachers in SchoolRP is to make the role-play a bit more realistic and help educate the students with information that will help them later in the future. The second part of that sentence is also one of the purposes for real life teachers. The median salary for a high school teacher in the US can go from 55,000 to even 57,000, based on some further research from the BLS. In Japan, however, I know that for international schools the salary a teacher can make is from 250,000 to 600,000 yen, 2,000 to 5,000 in American Currency.
I do know that some teachers and schools try to raise money to help further education and make things a bit more fun to learn certain subjects. Some teachers even use things on the internet to help educate their students, sometimes in a fun way. Some also use things like presentations/slide shows, educational games, pop quizzes, and as well as fun group projects.
In their spare time, teachers are either scheduling classes or events based on if there are any ones not already on their calendars. Or they are grading turned in classwork or homework and putting the grades in on the computer. They could also be responding to emails, filling out detention papers, reporting the misdemeanor of students, or writing their class plan or agenda for their next class. Either they're doing all this, or they are lounging around doing nothing, chatting, or eating in the teacher's lounge. But that's really all I know about teachers, and that they have a life outside of school.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server:
Teachers are important for the server because without them, there would be no RP or school. Classes would become nothing but kids talking for a few minutes and learning nothing educational. They also discipline students In Character and give them In Character punishments based on the wrong act that they are doing/committing. Teachers also have to keep the classroom under control. All as said on the Megathread, but to summarize it I think they are important because they help keep control of the students. Without them the school would be out of control with crazy misbehaving students.

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?
My character has both a unique personality as well a unique fashion sense or looks. What I imagine him to wear is a white dress shirt with only slightly rolled up sleeves. I also imagine him to have black suspenders and some tan, maybe beige dress or suit pants as well as some black work boots. He's pretty skinny but not freakishly skinny. He has bushy hair on the sides of his head and a little on the top but back a bit on his head. He's also kind of balding, but more like his hairline is just receding. He also has a slight goatee, slightly bushy eyebrows, and perhaps a bit of 5 o' clock shadow when he's feeling really lazy.
His personality, however, is not as strange as his outfit choice. He can be quite lazy at times, which partially is from his sleep deprivation from all the work he tries to catch up on. He is still a pretty happy guy even despite his sleeping and laziness issues, but mainly only when he has had his coffee in the morning, even though sometimes it doesn't even help him wake up. The final thing that I would discuss about his personality is what make it a bit unique. He's acts weird and goofy sometimes, as well as witty. He's not the best at making jokes, but if he were to make one it'd probably be a pun. What I basically mean by weird is that sometimes he'll add something witty after he says something a bit boring, perhaps with a funny picture of something. As well as he would say something or read something in a weird voice. One last basic thing is that he's not bad tempered or quick to get angry at something. It'd have to be either something really bad, or just his day has been going terribly.
The way that he thinks about students is that they, to him, are the main reason he's still a teacher and happy, that and money. But also that they deserve an education that fits to them, not just really what they want to learn, but how they learn. They should have fun, although not too much, while also learning new fascinating things at the same time. Although, sometimes his classes aren't that fun, but that's his main goal. But over all, he cares about his students. But for other teachers, he'll try to converse with them and try to make friends. Although he may not always be successful, he'll still try to get to know other people and his co-workers.
Finally, his plan for the future. Mainly his goal is to really to get a raise so he afford a better car. But also to maybe become Vice Principal some day. Although this may not be actually possible, which I'm am fine with, it is still his dream. So that is who I believe my character, Mr. Universe, will be.
P.S. One other thing that makes him different is that he has ADHD, or Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder. Although he would never let that affect his path to success and to later becoming a teacher.

SCENARIOS

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
Confront the "Gang" and warn them to watch their language and be more respectfully. If they continue after multiple warnings, then they will get a detention.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?

Get their attention by reminding everyone to focus, cause their could be a test on this. I could also get their attention by handing out a worksheet based on what I have just taught them. Or tell them to take notes.

When in a teacher lounge, how does your character act?
My character, Mr. Universe, would try to converse with other teachers or maybe try to see if they can help him with any technical problems or general classroom problems. He would try to get to know or talk to his fellow co-workers and generally just be friendly. He would also try to get some coffee before his class starts on that day. Either he'd be doing these things, or he will be paying attention and listening respectfully whilst he's a meeting. He will also be thinking of any questions that he would to ask about the topic of the meeting after the meeting is over or just questions about the future of the school.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom.

/me begins to hand out a worksheet based on information from today's class.

/me yawns as he carefully reads the information text from Chapter 1.

/me begins to fill out a detention slip for Alec, starting with his signature.

/me grades turned in homework and classwork from previous classes whilst he waits for the rest of the class to complete the assignment.

/me lets out a quiet yawn before he calls out the next name for attendance.

/me daydreams about how his life would have been like if he had gotten paid more.

BACKSTORY

/* Describe how your character ended up becoming a teacher and his/her previous life. It is optional to include earlier life but recommended. Make sure this is over 300 words.*/
Mr. Universe's path to eventually becoming a teacher started with when he was still in school. He always was a straight A student, except for in high school one year when he got a B, but he still was always one of the top students. One specific subject that he notice that he was always good at was History. He would always get an A or A+ in that subject, even with his problems with ADHD. Although he was also a fantastic artist and drawer, he never had a passion for art like he did for History or other classes. If anything, it was his least favorite class. But History was also taught by his favorite teacher, Mr. Piggs. Mr. P would always find a way to make the class fun and interesting. Sometimes he would even dress up in medieval attire to even civil war uniforms. He once even grew a big bushy beard only at the edge of his chin and died his hair just to look like Abraham Lincoln, Mr. P's favorite president. He was the best teacher he had ever known. Mr. Piggs amazing and fun teaching methods inspired Mr. Universe to try and also become a teacher. He inspired him to be the type of teacher that when you have his class, you'll always look forward to learning. But anyway, once he learned about his skill in learning history and putting it to good use, as well as the inspiration from his favorite high school teacher Mr. Piggs, he set off to try and become one of the best history teachers there can be. So Mr. Universe went off to get a degree in college. He then later graduated from the University of Illinois of Chicago and learned that there is more to being a history teacher than he originally thought. But he still tried to become a teacher anyway, mainly because it's the only college degree he has, but also to at least try and become a great teacher. After intense searching for a whole year, he just couldn't find any jobs that really caught his eye. So he then borrowed money from his friend, later forgetting to pay him back which lead to whole bunch of problems, and bought a plane ticket to Japan, seeing as he's always wanted to live there. From as soon as he got on the plane to when the plane touched down had he been searching a History Teacher job in Japan. After more problems, both being financial and getting money for a house problems, he started to become desperate for money. So he ended up moving into an apartment and having to get a roommate to help pay who ended up both being extremely weird and later becoming his best friend. His roommate is actually who suggested that he get a job here, at the Taketatsu High School. Then you can pretty much imagine what happens then. But that is really what my character or Mr. Universe's background comes from. (500 Words Total)

Additional notes about your application (if any):
Sorry if any of my spelling is off, the word document program I was using has small words and doesn't tell if I spelled something wrong. I did try my best to fix all of the ones that I could see, but still sorry for any of the one I've missed.

Last edited:

Ducks

Level 124
Owner
Duckings
Duckings
Pending
Can't tell if you're active or inactive, PM me on the Forums if you are active. You have 2 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread