mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Approaching someone during combat should give minors at the very least.

MidFizzy

Level 5
MidFizzy
MidFizzy
Omega+
IGN: MidFizzy

DATE: 22/04/2023

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION?: Make it that when someone rolls to approach you when you're in the middle of combat and they win or lose the roll to approach you, you at the very least get minors.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: It will benefit the community because it has been going on around that I've seen other players including myself be in a fight at powerplant with a weapon like a Metal bat for an example, 3 block range, someone would roll to approach me with clear intention to disarm my bat but yet if they win or lose the roll to approach me to get in my range, I somehow still dont get minors, I don't understand how that does not make any sense because If I am in the middle of fighting someone and someone else rolls to approach me and wins the roll or loses, they obviously have the intention to get in my range in order to 1, take my bat, 2 get behind me, and just overall combat. Somehow right now, if someone rolls to approach you when you're in the middle of a fight and they win or lose the roll, you get no minor perms which makes no sense because clearly that person is going to do something to your character. It's obvious especially when you have in character knowledge that the person trying to approach you is a rival gang member and is trying to assist the person you are in the middle of combat with. It makes no sense that if I am using my fists someone can roll to approach me from behind and win the roll, and I don't get any perms on them and instead for some reason I have to wait for them to throw a punch to the back of my head for me to get perms, or if I have a bat and they roll to approach me from in front and win the roll with clear intention they'll try taking my bat, I still don't get perms until after my action which I wouldn't be able to action to kick them out of range or hit them with my bat because I still dont get minors if they win the roll to approach me, meaning the only option I got is running away. It would be better that if someone rolls to approach you in the middle of a fight, you should immediately gain minor perms on them because it's clear obvious what their intentions are and I shouldn't be waiting for them to land a hit on me or try to take my weapon in my hand for me to finally get perms, it just makes no sense. Another example, what if Im fighting alongside my gang verses another gang, I got a naginata, someone rolls to approach me mid fight and wins the roll, I don't get minors somehow, am I just gonna keep rolling to back away while the other person keeps rolling to approach? then eventually if I can't back away because I lose the roll I have to wait until they actually take my naginata for me to get majors? it really makes no sense, please make it to where if you are mid combat, and someone rolls to approach you and wins or loses, you get minors on that character that attempted to approach you.

Yuuradio

Level 3
+1 Yeah it's been pretty annoying tbh, people purchase longer ranged weapons from bmd in order to out range people, but yet when someone approaches the person with the longer range weapon, the person with the longer range weapon gets no perms to defend themselves instead the best action they can do is run away, I tried hitting someone for approaching me when I had a bat not long ago and was met with "no perms you have to wait until they physically assault you"

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+

Approaching should not give minors. They might be approaching to stop a situation and whatnot, but I'll be writing a suggestion soon that is similar to this:

- Chasing a criminal after they've committed a crime grants minors.

- Grabbing a criminal after or they've committed a crime or during one grants minors.

These two are rules that already technically exist now, but they aren't written anywhere and they don't necessarily function like this. Because it's not written, people don't take advantage of these rules and sometimes they attempt to and it results in unwarranted drama.

@Zinthinity can clarify if you have questions

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
myself be in a fight at powerplant with a weapon like a Metal bat for an example, 3 block range, someone would roll to approach me with clear intention to disarm my bat but yet if they win or lose the roll to approach me to get in my range,
This is similar to this:

I punch you two times in the head then run away. You don't get majors from this because I didn't commit any kind of assault. This goes for approaching. If they had the intention of approaching THEN disarming the bat, you don't get perms till they do those two things. Besides, if they did disarm you, you'd get majors and not minors

Preacherr

Level 2
This is similar to this:

I punch you two times in the head then run away. You don't get majors from this because I didn't commit any kind of assault. This goes for approaching. If they had the intention of approaching THEN disarming the bat, you don't get perms till they do those two things. Besides, if they did disarm you, you'd get majors and not minors

Still doesn't make sense dude, personally I am not gonna wait for someone to disarm my bat after they approached me and somehow I dont get minors to kick them away or hit their head

SickV

Level 0
+1 It makes no sense that someone can approach me mid fight and somehow I don't get minors, so if someone approaches me with a spiked bat and wins the roll somehow I don't get minors to fight them which makes no sense because I have to wait for them to actually attempt to hit me or even hit me and ko me? how does that make sense?

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
Adding such a specific situation to the rulebook is unnecessary and overall overcomplicating things. Instead of trying to act on immediate permissions, try to instead instigate a fight via fists, pushing around, grabbing, etc. Remember that CombatRP is a type of roleplay, not a PvP mechanic

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
+1 It makes no sense that someone can approach me mid fight and somehow I don't get minors, so if someone approaches me with a spiked bat and wins the roll somehow I don't get minors to fight them which makes no sense because I have to wait for them to actually attempt to hit me or even hit me and ko me? how does that make sense?
If they have a spiked bat, they don’t need to approach you. They already out range you. Meaning, they can automatically attempt to 1-hit KO you. The minute they attempt to and fail their roll, you get majors on them regardless

hellioni

Level 18
-1 what if u cant tell they are fighting as in Minecraft we do not have fist moving or bats or the other items and over all that would make gangrp even worse in this case also agreeing to what yonio said it would over complicate it

TrapstarRp

Level 22
-1 Being an old gangrper it's easy to settle people and to get those type of perms, also it's easy to be able to get someone out of the situation that you're in. Just goin to go off a quick old rule I use to know when I gangrp'd if someone is to help assist say for example rolling to help that gives you minor perms. If not just shove them, do something that just doesn't put a point on their head that counts as a hit and eventually they'll slip up and do something dumb to give you that escalation. The best way to describe gangrp is being able to munipulate your opponent into doing something you want them to do, if you want them to head a certain way you need to trail them and to eager them to do what you want by also staying in the rules, it may sound like perm baiting but not if they are wanting to be involved and follow that.

justsimba

Level 59
HazukiPlayZ
HazukiPlayZ
Omega+

I'm not gonna explain too much as you can look at Nylu and Yonio's responses. CombatRP and gangRP are a type of roleplay, hints the RP at the end, its not just a PVP and getting perms the quickest way possible. There are plenty of other ways to get minors on someone and in reality you should be treating each combatRP you do as exactly that, you're roleplaying a combat not a factor of how easily can you get perms on someone the quickest way possible or a factor you know they were wanting to or are about to do something to your character bc that something hasn't happened yet other then they have tried or did approach your character.

hellioni

Level 18
spiked bat requires majors

Users who are viewing this thread