SHADs7

Level 1
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:
SHADs7

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?): shads7

Do you have a microphone?: nope, I just use my phone

What is your time zone?: CST, Canada

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: yes, I completely understand!

Describe your activity on the server: I'm on almost every day and at all hours for long periods of time.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server: Denied: https://schoolrp.net/threads/english-teacher-application.65899/ and https://schoolrp.net/threads/shads7s-language-application.67684/ Accepted: https://schoolrp.net/threads/shads7s-language-application-2-0.67826/ and https://schoolrp.net/threads/shads7s-language-application-french.69412/.

What are your current roles on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level): 2 high school students. Main character: Teagan Hudson. Side character: Kazuyuki 'Kazu'. H

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:
Art!

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?: My motivation to being a teacher is because I really want to upskill and have students try different art styles or even art related things that they have never done! I want them to be confident and happy with their art, I also want them to have fun with art! Art can be fun with all the different styles and types of art (obviously drawing and painting and that kind of thing is my favorite type of art). Light art is one art that I always thought would be fun, but never tried, I want others to experience with all kinds of different art and have fun with it! Art education goes beyond teaching techniques and skills, it encourages self-expression critical thinking problem-solving and personal growth. By providing a safe and supportive environment for students to explore their creativity. Art can develop confidence and build people's lifelong skills.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT? Yup! ^^

Do you understand if your application is accepted, you will have to undergo teacher training?: I completely understand and I'll probably need it, just so that I understand everything or what I can do as a teacher! ^^

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?: Teacher class logs are when a teacher logs on and host a class, this is to keep SLT on track to see who's active and doing their job.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?: 1. No eating or drinking in class 2. Keep hands to yourself 3. Raise your hand before speaking 4. No cheating 5. Listen to the teacher when they are speaking.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?: I have roleplayed on Roblox (Royal High, Robloxian High School and ext.) I've roleplayed with friends a few times on Minecraft and in group chats.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:
Head of Department
↳ Description: Head of Department is crucial in ensuring the smooth functioning and quality of education. As the head of a specific department, you will be responsible for overseeing the curriculum managing a team of teachers and creating an engaging and immersive learning experience for the students.

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified teacher
↳ Description: First and foremost a qualified teacher should have a solid education background. This typically includes a minimum of a bachelor's degree in education or a related field and ideally additional technology or virtual teaching methodologies. This educational foundation equips the teacher with the necessary pedagogical principles and strategies to effectively engage and instruct students.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:
Newly Qualified teacher
↳ Description: A newly qualified teacher is an enthusiastic and dedicated individual who is eager to embark on their teaching career. They have recently completed their education degree, gaining valuable knowledge and practical experience in education methodologies and classroom management. Equipped with a fresh perspective and a desire to make a positive impact on student's lives.

- UT
↳ Meaning:
Unqualified teacher
↳ Description: Unqualified teachers lack the necessary qualifications and expertise expected of a teacher, leaving much to be desired in terms of their ability to effectively educate and support students. Some unqualified teachers might need help while teaching students and might need another teacher to help them and watch their class.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.
Teachers can possibly earn up to 500,000 per month. NQT start with about 350,000 for doing/hosting and completing 10 classes. QT earn about 400,000 for every 5 classes they host and complete. In Canada, teachers make a average salary of $48,750 per year or $25 per hour. Entry-level positions start at $37,050 per year, while most experienced workers make up to $81,840 per year. OOCLY and possibly sorta SchoolRP too, the fundamental job of teaching is no longer to distribute facts, but to help children learn and to develop their abilities to think critically, solve problems and create knowledge that benefits both students and society. The aim of teaching is not only to transmit information, but also to transform students from passive recipients of other's people knowledge into active constructors of their own and other's knowledge. Some teachers might teach or coach sports, help students with homework or questions about homework. Some teachers might even just hang out with friends or their fellow employees.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?: Teachers are both important in SchoolRP and oocly because they teach us new things and try to prepare us for our futures. They teach us to be smarter, greater and better. They teach us something new every day, rather it be about ourselves, a different country and ext. Teachers make us smarter. School helps us connect and meet new people, make friends. And if teachers weren't around, the students and school would be in complete chaos. Having teachers around would be having someone in charge and someone to listen to, it would make the students and school better and less chaotic (maybe).

What lesson planning system does the school work on?: There isn't much of an actual planning system, but it seems teachers make up and plan their own lessons and concepts. Teachers work hard to plan out and figure out their lessons. Not all lessons are easy or are necessary safe (depending on the subject), teachers work hard to make sure their lesson is safe for everyone to participate with or at least try out.

Character Information

Describe the character: How do they look and act? What makes them unique and different?
She has medium hair that's dyed blue, her eyes are a dullish pink color. She wears a purple dress. Most friends would say she's very kind, sweet and caring to others, though some people also say she can be pretty shy when it comes to meeting new people. She is albino.

What is their outlook on students and their co-workers? She is very kind with everyone, she respects her students and hopes her students would show her the same respect like how she respects them. She's the same with her co-workers too.

What are their plans for the future? She plans to share her interests with art with her students and let with students have fun and express themselves with her art. She wants her students to be free and express themselves in a fun and different way! She wants to have fun, make new friends and become more confident than she is.

Scenarios
/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
She would politely step between the 'delinquents', she took a deep breath, before speaking, "What is going on here? What's with all the swearing?" She'd say kindly, looking at each and every one of the delinquents. She hesitates, before saying, "If you kindly don't stop, I might have to give you all detention or possibly get SLT to come here." She would say, trying to be polite, yet stern. She pulls out her radio, incase she needs to call STL or a another teacher to come help her out with these 'delinquents'.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?: She takes a deep breath, before saying, "Attention, everyone, please. We have more important things to be learning than talking- If you all just pay attention to me for a second, just so I can tell you what you have to do, then you can continue talking.", After she said this, as politely as she could, trying to be calm about this situation. She takes another deep breath, before continuing to try to talk about what the lesson is for the day.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?: She'd be sitting on a couch, sipping coffee. She seems quite relaxed, he's talking a bit with a few other teachers, seeming a little shy, but overall, very friendly and nice. She chuckles along to a few jokes from her fellow employees. She speaks up, telling a short story, "My dad said that, when I was 2 years old, I was apparently climbing up these stairs and I eventually fell down those stairs, my 2 front teeth ended up biting into my bottom lip and now I have a small scar under my lip, it's hard to see, since it's pretty small." She says, chuckling a little.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
/me She'd look up as she heard students flooding into her class, she would smile widely, before saying, "Good morning, everyone. Are you all ready for our first lesson together? What we're going to do is, we're going to be listening to music and painting what you feel from the music onto a canvas. How does that sound?" She says gentle, standing up and handing everybody a canvas, once everyone has a canvas, she walks back to her desk and pulls up a radio. "Are you all ready? Alright, 1, 2, 3. Go!" She says, turning onto a random song on the radio.

/me /me She watched as everyone sat in their seats, before she spoke up, "Alright, today, we're going to be learning about Salvador Dali, the Spanish artist. Now can somebody tell me, what's one of Mr. Dali's famous paintings?" She said, looking around the classroom to see if anyone has raised their hand. When she notices nobody has raised their hand, she sighs and takes a deep breath, before speaking, "Salvador's famous painting is the one called 'The Persistence of Memory', the message for this painting is interpreted as a surrealist meditation on the fluidity and volatility of time. The Persistence of Memory plunges the viewer into a dreamlike and strange universe where hard and soft surfaces coexist." After she finished speaking, she pulled out a replica of the painting.

/me /me She takes a deep breath, before drawing/writing on the board what the lesson is today, after she's done writing on the board and turns to face her students, she then speaks up, "Alright students, for our lesson and project today, we're going to make light paintings. Light painting is a art of creating pictures or photos by setting long exposure times on a camera and using a moving light source to 'paint' your picture. Now, before we start, I just wanted to let you know that yes, you can be in groups and you can choose who you want to group with, but if you cause too much trouble or disruption, then you'll have to work by yourselves. But you don't have to work with a partner, you can do this solo if you really want to. Anyways, let's get started!"

/me /me She smiles up at her students, getting up from her desk and handing all of her students a little booklet of paper, she moves back to her desk when everyone gets a paper. "Good morning, class! Today, we're going to be watching a film that has to do with art. We're going to be watching 'Girl with the Pearl Earring', it's based on the Chevalier's novel, a fictional account of Vermeer's famous painting. Anyways, I won't be saying much after this, just please try to be quiet and enjoy the movie." She would say, getting up and turning on the projector, putting the movie on, she quietly sits down in her desk, silently watching her students to make sure they're not getting into any trouble.

Backstory
Teagan Hudson grew up in Canada with her parents Oliver Hudson and Willow Hudson. Teagan's days were filled with happiness and fun, that was until her parents started fighting almost every day. Teagan was always interested in art and always used art to draw and escape her problems. She always found art beautiful, and she was always interested with the many different art styles and all the fun you could do with art. Her father always thought and said to her, "That she was creative and a little genius." When it came to art. Teagan started painting, she used oil paints and all kind of funky art tools whenever her father would buy them for her. When Teagan turned 18, she and her father finally moved to Japan, before going to Karakura, they went to a small town called Nikko, which Nikko has a lovely view of mountains, and the mountains did inspire Teagan to paint more and more. One day, Teagan got accepted into an art school, which was out of the town, she felt bad leaving her father, but her father in courage her to 'chase her dreams'. With that in mind, Teagan packed up and moved into an apartment close to the art school. Teagan went to art school for 2 years, before getting out of art school. She heard some beautiful things about Karakura and she wanted to see it for herself, so, she packed up and moved to Karakura, which she has been living here for almost a year. She wants to express and share her art to everyone (or almost everyone), but she was always shy when meeting new people and she was too shy to share her work sometimes, in fear that someone might wreck it or mess it up. She loved her art teacher when she was in art school, her art teacher always made her feel confident because of how sweet her art teacher was. Teagan thought about it for a while, but she thought about becoming an art teacher too, she wanted others to express their work and be confident about their work, unlike how she was/is.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
Teagan Hudson
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss
Given Name(s): Teagan, Tea, Teagers
Preferred Name: Teagan

Age (Minimum is 25): She chuckles a little, saying, "Why are you asking? Isn't that a bit rude."
Religious Denomination: N/A
Marital Status: Dating

Nationality: Candian
Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):
2 years of art school (I don't think this counts as a working experience, but I'm adding it anyways)

Academic Degree: Bachelor's degree
Year of Graduation: 2019
Major(s): Art
Minors: English/History

Native Languages: English
Other Languages: JSL and French

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: No

RexLobo

Level 106
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for applying! However, after careful consideration, I have decided to deny your application

• Your application lacked detail in comparison to some others.
  • The subject you applied for has no open spaces

Please feel free to reapply! Any questions regarding your application, please DM me on discord.

Users who are viewing this thread