mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Ash | Command Suggestion!!

Lizalopod

Level 130
What robinzee said.

The development team isn't limiting themselves to code only necessary things. Necessity is a very relative concept. Access the server's trello and count how many "unnecessary" features are under development or in the Backlog list. There's no such thing as "the feature this feedback thread suggests is unnecessary, therefore, shouldn't be added". The server isn't dying, nor it is in a desperate state for the development team to only code necessary stuff. It's 101 for every development team to work on both bug fixes and new features. Expecting SRP's development team to focus only on bug patches is pointless, because they too know that worrying about bugs and bugs only would leave the community thirsty for new features. The team is small, yes, but again, they aren't and have never been limited only to bug fixing, balancing or polishing the code overall - and they've proved to be more than capable to do both at the same time. Whether this suggestion will be accepted or not, the community should stop deeming feature suggestions as "unnecessary" only because they don't attend to what the user personally wants or don't fit their necessity-meter. Who will decide the necessity of a suggestion is the development team.

This suggestion is good, and whether it could be easily moderated or not also shouldn't take the center of the stage. Every new feature can be abused by every single player. Misusing features is not new and will continue to happen for as long as this server has people who actively play. It's natural in every other place, and yet, people continue to limit suggestions to: "can it be easily moderated?" and "is it necessary?" I simply don't see how this could be used in any other way other than describing a temporal state. The only way this could be abused is by griefers, and those already abuse the description section enough. They'll be banned either way, so why does it matter?

The development team doesn't work on one thing at once. The Backlog list on trello exists, simple as that. Stop deeming new feature suggestions as necessary or unnecessary. It's an old argument that shouldn't be brought to a feedback thread.
This. Literally this lol.

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
Neutral (Leaning towards; -1)

Let me say this after reading the responses, these are also my own thoughts about it.

As Ash said, it can be a bit overbearing to read a long appended /it and sending it to everyone who you may come across(Friends, Family, hospital, police, etc). But it is also on the person who is sending the /it to keep it short and to the point than detailing every, little, single thing with the tiniest of cuts.

I still think players should still do /it, and what if this does get accepted and they change characters? Even if we limit the command to only be used by Hospital/Police members(to stop people from abusing it), Their second character would still have the condition and won't make any sense on why they have it.

TLDR; it would be hard to moderate and people have several characters on one account
That is valid but in the end, it would be up to them to change and remove it as per description, name, and age. The reason I added the timer section was so that It would be optional to help said player remove it whenever need be in case they forget. Like I said in response to Halota this will not be mandatory as well that's just kind of weird for something like this, and you (the player) can still use /it if it is potentially still hard to understand! It's just beneficial in my eyes. Perhaps to balance out this it can be limited down to no appending message by staff if need be, then bamb, they can just fallback to /it for longer thingies! Thanks for this reply Eclipic <3

I kind of find this unnecessary, but I'm not willing to type so much.
I would like to know what part is unnecessary in your eyes so I can give my own feedback and help fix the suggestion!

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
What robinzee said.

The development team isn't limiting themselves to code only necessary things. Necessity is a very relative concept. Access the server's trello and count how many "unnecessary" features are under development or in the Backlog list. There's no such thing as "the feature this feedback thread suggests is unnecessary, therefore, shouldn't be added". The server isn't dying, nor it is in a desperate state for the development team to only code necessary stuff. It's 101 for every development team to work on both bug fixes and new features. Expecting SRP's development team to focus only on bug patches is pointless, because they too know that worrying about bugs and bugs only would leave the community thirsty for new features. The team is small, yes, but again, they aren't and have never been limited only to bug fixing, balancing or polishing the code overall - and they've proved to be more than capable to do both at the same time. Whether this suggestion will be accepted or not, the community should stop deeming feature suggestions as "unnecessary" only because they don't attend to what the user personally wants or don't fit their necessity-meter. Who will decide the necessity of a suggestion is the development team.

This suggestion is good, and whether it could be easily moderated or not also shouldn't take the center of the stage. Every new feature can be abused by every single player. Misusing features is not new and will continue to happen for as long as this server has people who actively play. It's natural in every other place, and yet, people continue to limit suggestions to: "can it be easily moderated?" and "is it necessary?" I simply don't see how this could be used in any other way other than describing a temporal state. The only way this could be abused is by griefers, and those already abuse the description section enough. They'll be banned either way, so why does it matter?

The development team doesn't work on one thing at once. The Backlog list on trello exists, simple as that. Stop deeming new feature suggestions as necessary or unnecessary. It's an old argument that shouldn't be brought to a feedback thread.
ily

RexLobo

Level 105
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
I'm neutral on this one, but leaning more towards +1, though I understand the comments against this. I do think this would be great to have, as I myself have completely forgotten a condition my character has, and halfway through a roleplay situation, end up /it-ing it, then the person I'm interacting with react after a whole interaction. It will be useful and make it easier on both people to act on it, and with the suggestion for it to be on a timer and the day to be set will make it easy.

That being said, implementing it will be really tedious and I imagine difficult. It's not a necessary thing, and is more leaning towards quality of life over anything.

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
I'm neutral on this one, but leaning more towards +1, though I understand the comments against this. I do think this would be great to have, as I myself have completely forgotten a condition my character has, and halfway through a roleplay situation, end up /it-ing it, then the person I'm interacting with react after a whole interaction. It will be useful and make it easier on both people to act on it, and with the suggestion for it to be on a timer and the day to be set will make it easy.

That being said, implementing it will be really tedious and I imagine difficult. It's not a necessary thing, and is more leaning towards quality of life over anything.
Yes! It may be tedious in the end as to why it wouldn't be priority but it would be really snazzy

cho0ii

Level 175
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
+1

don't get me wrong, i think this is a fun suggestion! just unnecessary.

it'd just be tedious to moderate, since there's so many people that could misuse it as an extended description. i can imagine how annoying it'd be for staff to have to warn each person who's decided to abuse it, but that itself is too harmless to really deserve a warning. it would devolve into a feature that nobody uses for its intended purpose.
this is a risk with almost every thing that a player may edit. This is a problem with names, and descriptions, and it doesn't make sense to me for the idea to go without because it adds more risk. This is a problem with descriptions and names already, and yes i understand wanting to prevent any further way for this to happen, i think for it to be rather stupid to throw away a good idea like this.

Neutral (Leaning towards; -1)

Let me say this after reading the responses, these are also my own thoughts about it.

As Ash said, it can be a bit overbearing to read a long appended /it and sending it to everyone who you may come across(Friends, Family, hospital, police, etc). But it is also on the person who is sending the /it to keep it short and to the point than detailing every, little, single thing with the tiniest of cuts.

I still think players should still do /it, and what if this does get accepted and they change characters? Even if we limit the command to only be used by Hospital/Police members(to stop people from abusing it), Their second character would still have the condition and won't make any sense on why they have it.

TLDR; it would be hard to moderate and people have several characters on one account
i do agree with this point heavily, however I do think if we made it so you can change the condition more often it would be easier. also the timer suggested i believe was 4 hours, which is around a reasonable time someone stays on one character for (this is coming from someone who has a very large amount of characters which of course you already know)

I kind of find this unnecessary, but I'm not willing to type so much.
it can be unnecessary, however like ash stated it is very annoying to /it every time you come across someone else and we have the case of forgetting this.
What robinzee said.

this, is exactly my point. just read this it explains exactly what i am trying to say this person is amazing.

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
-1 Largely unnecessary in my opinion, people can use /it do describe the condition of their character, a command like this will just add the the flood of chat that comes up when people are right clicked, you can always add it to your description!

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
+1

A lot of the people who are disagreeing are saying that it is not necessary though I believe that the argument on if it is necessary or not should not be a thing here. As a lot of other people said, the development team are pushing themselves already to give us things that aren't 100% necessary but are quality-of-life improvements. Examples would be wardrobes and onrain. We don't need to have either of those but it's nice to have them.

-1 Largely unnecessary in my opinion, people can use /it do describe the condition of their character, a command like this will just add the the flood of chat that comes up when people are right clicked, you can always add it to your description!
^^^^ Though this is true, it would be considered a quality-of-life improvement so people don't need to put it in their descriptions since some people have limitations. Some other people also don't want to constantly paste a /it. I would be one of those people since sometimes I happen to copy an action or something I was about to say and paste it after I'm actually able to say it. I wouldn't want to lose it because I had to do a /it, y'know?

When a suggestion is brought up, the question of whether or not it is necessary shouldn't be argued first. What should be argued in my opinion is whether or not it exists already, if it would make sense, and if it is even possible to code in. The question of necessary could be argued after because yes, I agree that in some cases things are not necessary at all and should not be added. Of course, I agree that it is unnecessary but it is something that could be added in the future.

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
Have you read, what I've said, dear sir. This would be for temp use, and as I've stated times over, they can just put in the desc if it's perm!! This is also totally optional, and people have the option of right-clicking another player or not. (:

Users who are viewing this thread