Do you have a microphone?:
Yes

How old are you? (Optional):

What is your time zone?:
GMT +1/2

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes

Describe your activity on the server:
I used to play ~6 hours a day on FRP, now I'm doing the same to SRP.

Do you have any previous bans?:
None.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
DENIED:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/yumis-language-application.50581/
ACCEPTED:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/yumi-french-app-second-try.50680/

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
Yumiko Sakurai - HS Grade 9
Misaki K. Nishiyama - HS Grade 9

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:

IT

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
Outside of school and SRP I study a lot of Computer Science related topics such as Python 3 and CS50. More related to IT though, I've taken Google's IT fundamentals course. There's no question about my academic qualifications, the only thing that's left is my motivation. I want to make a positive impact on the school and it's students by providing the best education with all the necessary resources they will need to pass the exam. Even though I'm new to SRP, I can guarantee that I'll do my best to learn the system and get comfortable with it in my free time.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:
Yes, I understand. I'm excited to garner new information and experiences.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
Teacher logs are used to keep track of each class so that the higher-ups know how many classes a teacher has hosted and how much that teacher needs to get paid.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
1. Respect
Teachers and students alike are expected to respect each other no matter their ethnicity, gender, wealth etc. No screaming or interrupting the class is allowed as it disrupts other student's chance at getting a good education.
2. No illegal/gang-related activities
This should go without saying. Nothing illegal is allowed within the classroom/school. Included nut not limited to are masks, alcohol, weapons, drugs, cigarettes, fighting.

3. Swearing
Harmful language is not allowed. Students need to use appropriate language in class.
4. Devices and Consumables
Food is prohibited to eat in class and so are drinks. Devices must be switched off and stored in a backpack until class is over.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I've been role-playing for years now. I started on roblox (I was young, it was cringe.) and eventually started role-playing more maturely in discord servers. I know it's not the exact same but I've also played Dungeons & Dragons which still require creativity and role-playing. Eventually I found FRP about a year ago and got addicted to it. I got whitelisted on my first try and continued being active for a couple months until I took a break. I'd like to think I've developed a more mature role-playing style compared to younger people I've seen in SRP. I love detailing my actions but I'm careful not to use too much detail as it can take a while.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:
Head Department
↳ Description: Head of the Department oversee everything from training new teachers to creating the syllabus that teacher's use. These are the higher-ups of the faculty.

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: Qualified teachers have gone through training and have more experience with teaching. They aren't new to the School Staff anymore.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:
Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: NQT's are fresh out of training and can host classes on their own now with permission from higher-ups I believe. Although they still have a bit to learn, they are on their way to becoming a qualified teacher.

- UT
↳ Meaning:
Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description: These are the newbies. Unqualified teachers are still receiving training and are not allowed to host classes on their own. They are allowed to observe in classes with the teachers permission to see how classes are supposed to be hosted.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Teacher's need to host a minimum of 10 classes a month to receive their ¥350,000. For every 5 extra classes they host they can receive ¥50,000. (Maximum of ¥150,000 extra per month.) Apart from the students, teachers are the bread and butter of SRP. This is a school role-playing server after all. Teachers OOC and IRP have very important roles in society. They shape their student's future. It's important for them to give them the best education possible, but also be there for them if things at home aren't going well.

Teachers have difficult and stressful jobs. Teaching kids is a hard task as a lot of them are probably immature, therefore it's important for them to have patience when dealing with rowdy students. Every educator uses different methods to teach, however I believe the best way to teach is to use a combination of methods such as reading, flashcards, asking questions during a lecture, worksheets and visually learning by doing it yourself. (e.g writing code.)

As for what teachers do in their free time, this is totally up to them. At the end of the day teachers are people too and have their own agendas. Some of them decide to get set up for their next lecture and some might go out to a restaurant. Teachers are adults and can do whatever they want as long as it's not gang-related or illegal. They represent the school inside and outside of work hours.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
Like I've mentioned before, teachers are the foundation of SRP. (apart from the students of course.) Excluding everything that's got to do with teaching, they also create role-playing opportunities for students to interact with each other. Teachers are extremely important and that's also why it's important for them to remain active.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
This school runs on MoSCoW which is as follows:
Must Have
Should Have
Could Have
Won't Have

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plan for the future?

ʚ How do they look? ɞ
The young woman proudly stood at around 5'3 ft with a rather slim but slightly defined body. Her skin was on the paler side but it was clearly taken care of as there were little to no blemishes, except a small birthmark on her inner thigh which was mostly hidden. Misaki had long, silky hair that was naturally black, but she often dyed it. Right now it was a dark shade of purple. Bangs would cover her forehead as well. Her face made her appear soft and sweet, a kind smile often graced her lips.

She had a soft voice that suited her soft looks. Mikasi often got compliments on how soothing her voice was to listen to. Dressing rather professionally, she could often be see roaming the school rounds with a classic white button up blouse with a black skirt and stockings to match.

ʚ What makes her unique? ɞ
There's two things that set her apart. Firstly, she often feels like a trusted mother figure to students. They can come talk to her about their problems and she will listen. If they need extra help understanding material taught in lessons, Misaki will gladly stay after hours to help her students. Secondly, her dedication to anything she does sets her apart from the rest. If she has a goal, she will achieve it. This often leads to overworking but she has learned to cope with it.

ʚ Outlook on Students ɞ
Misaki does her best to make her classroom a safe environment where they feel motivated to learn. Students have their own complicated lived and teachers need to understand that. A student didn't sleep? Give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe he isn't sleeping well at home due to complications. Always ask and make sure before getting mad and serving punishments. You never know what goes on after school hours.

ʚ Outlook on other teachers ɞ

Misaki sees other teachers as equals. She's always open to learn something from them that she might not have known before. Since she is new to teaching, she often looks up to other teachers and admires their dedication to the role.

ʚ What is her personality like? ɞ

Being an older sister, she takes her job responsibilities very seriously and aims to do everything on time and correctly. She has always been an overachiever growing up, always aiming to do more than what was expected of her. Misaki is rather soft when it comes to handling situations and prefers to be passive, but if the need arises she knows how to be assertive. She prefers to be independent, however knows how to work in teams.

ʚ Plan for the future ɞ

Although unpredictable, she plans to stay a teacher for years to come. She plans to work her way up the rank to the Head Department but only time can tell if she is successful. Misaki wants to keep teaching students until she is old enough to retire. In the mean time, she's going to keep refining her knowledge on computers and stay up to date on the newest technology.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

The young woman approaches the bunch, making her presence evident by standing in front of them. She'd give them a warning by kindly reminding them that cussing is prohibited in school and if they don't stop, there will be consequences. Depending on how they react, she will either let them be or punish them by sending them to detention. Such behavior will not be tolerated.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
Misaki would stop talking for a moment to see who's talking. After finding the student, she'd walk up to them and stand in front of their desk. She would tell him that if they wanted to have a discussion, to please do so after class and that if he persists, he will be kicked out. If the student still does not listen after another one or two warning, they will be kicked out and given detention.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
She usually chats to other teachers if there are any. If there aren't, she can be seen grading papers or planning her next lesson with a cup of iced coffee next to her.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
&#AA0000 She'd walk into the classroom. "Good morning, class!" She exclaimed loudly enough for the whole class to hear. "Today we will be learning about the different types of Logic Gates! This topic is hard so put all of your effort into paying attention."

/me &#AA0000 Miss Nishiyama looked towards the class. "Please click on the link I've sent you in the class chat. Today we will be taking a test." She paused for a moment. "Everything in the test will be something we've already learnt this week. It does not count for points, it's merely to see what you are struggling with."

/me &#AA0000 She walked over to the student. "Mr. Sakamoto please refrain from speaking in class. if you continue there will be consequences." Misaki walked back to her desk and took a seat without giving him a chance to argue.

/me &#AA0000 The young woman looked to the whiteboard and drew a diagram of the NOR logic gate. "This is what we call the NOR logic gate. The light will only be on if both the binary inputs equal zero."

Backstory
Her father was Japanese and her mother was British. They met in Japan when her mother was on vacation and they fell in love. After a year of knowing each other and writing letters back and forth, her mother moved to Tokyo, Japan to live with her partner. A few months passed and her mother fell pregnant with what would be her first child, Misaki.

Misaki Kana Nishiyama was born in the Aiiku Hospital in Tokyo on the 5th of May, 1998. Her mother was 20 and her father was 21 when she was born. Although Misaki was an unplanned pregnancy and her parents were young, they still did their best they could to care for her. Her father studied hard and eventually found a job as an architect while her mother stayed home and took care of her. Every day after her dad came home, he would spend time with the both of them till it was time to go to bed. She was treated well and with plenty of love.

Years later in 2002, her younger brother, Haru was born. Haru and Misaki didn’t always get along as siblings do, but they still always had each other’s back when someone got in trouble. They were as thick as thieves growing up. Misaki took good care of him growing up, she tutored him in subjects he struggled in and oddly enough, she enjoyed it.

Her father made enough money to send Misaki to prestigious private schools throughout her entire life. She didn’t take school too seriously up until 2009, when her father purchased their first ever computer. Of course Misaki didn’t know how to use it at first but with time and lots….and LOTS of practice, she got the hang of it. She played games like Elder Scrolls and Resident Evil. As she grew older, her curiosity grew too. The young girl wanted to know how her beloved computer and games worked.

In 2013, once computers were a little more advanced and confusing, Misaki begged her father to let her take computer science lessons. Of course these lessons were hard to find so her parents had to drive an hour there and back each week for her lessons. Her parents were incredibly supportive of her hobbies and interests and made sure to give her the best they could afford. Sometimes she had to wait a couple months or so for her computer to be upgraded when new parts came out as they were simply too expensive to buy at release.

Apart from computers, she loved figure skating and was good at it. But due to a small injury to her foot, she could never compete professionally. Misaki did well in High School and graduated in 2016. Her grades allowed her to get accepted into university where she studied Computer Science, eventually leading to getting her Bachelor's in 2019.

While studying in university, she worked part-time as a programmer for small businesses. After she graduated, she applied to jobs as a Software Engineer where she found a job and worked there for around 3 years before moving to Karukura. Misaki moved into an apartment and quickly scouted for jobs before seeing an empty position for a High School IT teacher. Interested in teaching and passionate about the subject, she submitted her CV.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
Misaki Nishiyama
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss
Given Name(s): Kana
Preferred Name: Kana, Misaki

Age (Minimum is 27):
15 (If I do get the job, I want to change it if possible. I've seen in other job application information that it's possible to change it. Will be changed to 24. Check extra notes for more info.)
Religious Denomination:
Atheist
Marital Status:
Single
Nationality:
Japanese/British
Current Location:
Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):

Academic Degree: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Year of Graduation: 2019
Major(s): Computer Science
Minors: Mathematics

Native Languages: Japanese, English
Other Languages: N/A

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
No.

Extra
I would like her to be 24 when applying, she studied and got her degree and still worked for around 5 years (Including the part-time jobs.) If it's not possible, I'll make her 27. (I'm moving overseas so I might be a bit inactive for a bit. But if I do get accepted, I'll make time to do lessons etc.)

Additional notes about your application:
Previous work experience:

1. 2017 - 2019 : Freelance programming (Lots of small projects.)

2. 2019 - 2022 Software Engineer

Do you have any questions?:
No. Thank you for reviewing my application!

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 342
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
You haven't logged on in a while. If you're interested in re-applying, you must be somewhat active in-game.

Users who are viewing this thread