players online

atjayy | Faction Limitation Suggestion

con

Level 6
loresaint
loresaint
Notable
I'm touching up on some points that were made. I'm still +1 on this

Not only would applying this rule to the emergency factions both boost activity and provide variety in players between both EMS and KPD (as opposed to seeing the same person twice in both), but it would also give the rule a fair foundation. This suggestion has nothing to do with anyone's capabilities to balance both nor is it to compare the work each faction does. This suggestion is to call out the unfairness with how the rule affects every other general faction, but not the emergency faction

There are factions that do conflict with one another, like KPD and crimeRP/gangRP, so obviously the rule SHOULD apply there, the same for being both a lawyer AND a judge or governor, etc. as they are just branches of one singular faction (town faction). I said it before but with poor terms, so I'll reiterate it: "Emergency faction" is an umbrella term for KPD and EMS, just like the "school faction" is an umbrella term for faculty, SLT, council, clubs, and sports -- Therefore, if the school faction is NOT allowed to double up with different roles within it anymore, the same should go for the emergency faction and every other faction. This suggestion is not just specific to KPD and EMS, as Ary implied, but it is a huge factor that makes this rule very unfair

If this rule wasn't a thing in the first place, like what I said before, then there wouldn't be need for this debate. Honestly? It would resolve a lot more conflict if the rule was removed altogether, but that doesn't seem likely. Maybe in the future, when applications have started to decline or people start leaving one role for another role (which will both inevitably happen), staff will reconsider the enablement of this rule. Until then, however, it's only fair for the rule to be applied across every faction and not just some

Last edited:

Ecocide

Level 32
3Eco
3Eco
Omega+
I APOLOGIZE NOW FOR ANY GRAMMER MISTAKES OR MISSPELLED WORDS :D

I don't believe I've seen anyone mention it yet but did no one wanna talk about why there are rules like this? I understand Jay's point of (to sum it up) not being fair, but are we not gonna talk about the differences between the number of players in each category we're talking about?

It's 10:17 pm EST on a Saturday and we have at the moment 262 players online, 4 animal accounts, 3 suspended accounts, 14 adult accounts, while there are around 241 student accounts?? and that's just counting the ones I can see in the tab. Can we just take a second to imagine how completely unfair it would be to try and join something in the school faction just to find out that whatever you're trying to join is filled with people who already have multiple roles in that said faction? so it turns into something you can never experience on the server because it's constantly full (full is hard to say on SRP cause almost everything is not super full and has like 1 spot open but has regulations on when you can open for tryouts/apps).

School roles are already super limited...now that's where the unthought-of answer comes in "Oh well let's just expand the roles so that's not a problem" While that's an amazing idea in theory in practice it isn't good, I'll use the creation of the female football teams for an example once the team was added and basically expanded those set of teams, football very slowly started to decline due to the fact that the role slowly became undesirable, everywhere you looked you'd see a football tag rather then it being 'rare' (which is probably another reason football is so dead but that's whatever) can we take a second to imagine all of those 241 student accounts trying to find a role on the server within the school faction....?

Now if we take a look at the city faction sadly it does not have that appeal all the time, while the school faction can easily keep things full we have factions like EMS who struggle with keeping their slots filled which is why Alex probably accepts people from KPD into ems because at least she can rely on them to be active and stay. The EMS faction is currently kind of falling under again which isn't Alex's fault people are just busy with life. The moral of the story it's hard for government factions to stabilize for months compared to the school faction, I've been in KPD for a long time and this is the first time in years that I've seen KPD be 'full'.

on an off-topic note as well

KPD already limits EMS from joining to help out Alex like others have stated before in this thread. If you are in EMS your chances of getting in are significantly lower but that doesn't completely take you off the list because that would be unfair again as others have stated. How KPD apps work is we filter apps out so-

- Format, did you use it properly
- Plagiarism, did you steal? did you use chatGBT to write your app? (yes that's a real thing)
- How you answered the questions
- The character you're applying for doesn't have a criminal record
- Your activity across all your accounts
- Reputation, now this involves if staff has talked to you at all (i.e warns, bans)
- How you treat others on the server, I can guarantee you that staff sees everything so if you're an asshole like a genuine asshole (i.e you start or are involved in so much drama) or you have problems that are hard to control I'm sorry to say but that will limit your chances.

I think Alex or Hira said it, KPD higher-ups around Looper's time I think?? but we made it a rule that players couldn't have a KPD account and an EMS account at the same time and this literally killed the hospital faction.

IF ANYONE IS GONNA REPLY TO ME PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD THINK ABOUT THE STATE OF THE SERVER FIRST BEFORE REPLYING SRP has rules like these for a certain reason think of their perspective as well instead of just your own. SRP doesn't just make rules to ruin your fun they make them for the majority of the player base, sadly they cant please everyone but they try their best.

Lazeas

Level 47
those who don’t have any experience in an Emergency faction won’t get their chance at it unless a handful of OTHERS leave. Those who are a part of both at a time are, in my opinion, using up a tag. Sure, it may not be a waste, but it’s still entirely unfair to those who can’t be a part of the student council and be on a team.
Isn't that's up to the faction leads? Generally it's discouraged and you have less of a chance to get in if you're already in a faction and try to apply for another faction.

Players should either be allowed to be on a team and council/club leader, or limit the emergency division to only one faction per player.
Yeah they should just allow it, I understand not being allowed to be in the same faction like librarian and professor but it doesn't really make sense that you can't be a club leader and councilor/team since the RP they those roles are involved can vary and it might end up being entirely different in comparison to the similarities of faculty and teacher/professor. Same goes for EMS and KPD, you guys keep saying they have the general duties but the overall roleplay looks to be different?

Lazeas

Level 47
I'll use the creation of the female football teams for an example once the team was added and basically expanded those set of teams, football very slowly started to decline due to the fact that the role slowly became undesirable, everywhere you looked you'd see a football tag rather then it being 'rare' (which is probably another reason football is so dead but that's whatever) can we take a second to imagine all of those 241 student accounts trying to find a role on the server within the school faction....?
football's dead? Idk how having a female team would kill the specific plugin. I couldn't imagine basketball with only bobcat and spartan

vehicle

Level 29
vehelic
vehelic
Rich+
this is like my favorite suggestion ever, but I can't choose which I lean toward more...
anyways, neutral

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your suggestion! After discussing this with the team we have decided to decline it.

- We may change our mind in future, but for now this is in place to allow everyone a fair opportunity to be apart of the 'Student Body' Faction in leadership, events, etc. (Club leading, Teams, and Council).​

Users who are viewing this thread