mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Attribute addition

jeep

Level 2
What's your Minecraft Username?: jeepkiller
What's the title of your suggestion?: Attribute addition

What's your suggestion?:
I've been focusing on improving my speed attribute lately, and while it's rewarding, the process can be quite time-consuming. To enhance the experience and provide players with more efficient progression, I propose introducing a new item to the attributes plugin: an energy drink, This is only a base idea, another item could be used.

The energy drink would serve as a temporary boost, allowing players to accelerate their attribute gains more effectively. For instance, upon consumption, the energy drink could provide a significant 30% increase in the rate of attribute progression.

This is only a base idea and could easily be changed, I feel like it would add more of a funnier experience when it comes to having to grind said attributes.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
With the ability to progress you're attributes quicker, people will more and likely be a lot more satisficed as I also see in OOC at least once a day to do with the attribute system taking a very long time to grind.

CakeRPiscool

Level 53
EGGRP
EGGRP
Omega
-1, for this reason. I just can’t see them doing this. As there will be a reason for it not to happen. I like the idea but I just don’t see it happening

skixd!!

Level 27
SkiXD
SkiXD
Omega+
-1 Kimi has already said that they are working on an attribute update in the future that will help players to get their attributes up more but in the time you can just use the school track for a .25 speed attribute boost and the school swimming pool for a swim speed boost.

philbertman42

Level 137
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
Adding a drink that boosts your stat gains is just a bandaid solution to the bigger problem, which is the fact that attributes are a slow and monotonous grind fest. The only difference between implementing this drink and just lowering the base attribute level gain is the fact that with one method you're spending your life savings on soda; the fact that you'd be using consumables to boost your growth doesn't make the process more fun, it just adds an additional cost on top of food.

Personally I have been in favor of completely removing attributes entirely ever since they were introduced, even after I've grinded to all 100s on multiple accounts. The best solution would be a complete overhaul or just outright removing them (I will provide no argument to back my opinion (sunglasses emoji)).

kustomzero

Level 129
circusjax
circusjax
Omega
I don't mind the attributes, but it shouldn't take forever to grind hours upon hours to reach max attributes. The attribute that takes forever to max out in my opinion is swim. If a boost were to be added I would prefer the swim attribute to get boosted. Or to just boost all of them to make it fair. Or what philbertman42 said: removing them. Like yuh the attributes were added to give more realism to the server but for people who have multiple accounts to max out all attributes would take over 100 hours to have max attributes depending on how many accounts you have. Like me personally I have four accounts and my main account is the only account that basically has all the attributes maxed out. My three other accounts are still very very low even from being on them. If this were to happen I would like to see all attributes to be boosted if possible perhaps updating the plugin command to decrease how long it takes to reach the max attribute.

jeep

Level 2
Adding a drink that boosts your stat gains is just a bandaid solution to the bigger problem, which is the fact that attributes are a slow and monotonous grind fest. The only difference between implementing this drink and just lowering the base attribute level gain is the fact that with one method you're spending your life savings on soda; the fact that you'd be using consumables to boost your growth doesn't make the process more fun, it just adds an additional cost on top of food.

Personally I have been in favor of completely removing attributes entirely ever since they were introduced, even after I've grinded to all 100s on multiple accounts. The best solution would be a complete overhaul or just outright removing them (I will provide no argument to back my opinion (sunglasses emoji)).
I don't mind the attributes, but it shouldn't take forever to grind hours upon hours to reach max attributes. The attribute that takes forever to max out in my opinion is swim. If a boost were to be added I would prefer the swim attribute to get boosted. Or to just boost all of them to make it fair. Or what philbertman42 said: removing them. Like yuh the attributes were added to give more realism to the server but for people who have multiple accounts to max out all attributes would take over 100 hours to have max attributes depending on how many accounts you have. Like me personally I have four accounts and my main account is the only account that basically has all the attributes maxed out. My three other accounts are still very very low even from being on them. If this were to happen I would like to see all attributes to be boosted if possible perhaps updating the plugin command to decrease how long it takes to reach the max attribute.
I agree with both of your points completely, I spent some time calculating how long it would take to grind speed from 0% to 100% using the track system and it would take 15000 laps just to get to 50%, from then you would have speed 1 so the system would be a lot easier, I just thought some sort of thing to be implemented like the skill cap being lowered or even a item would be a great addition as its silly for a total of 30000 laps just to get max speed. Bare in mind aswell, majority of laps take 20 seconds per lap without the speed 1 buff.

imgayforwomen

Level 110
byewilliam
byewilliam
Rich
why do we gotta grind on a roleplay server? and then those attributes are like "recommended" for teams, which in reality, if you're slow, you just suck unless you know how to play the game really really well. speaking from someone who's played like almost every single sports plugin on the server, the attribute grind is sooooooo stupid like oh my godddddd why did i spam jump for like three months so i can jump two blocks to get a slight advantage for a game? and then do it again because i got an alt??? and the speed attribute takes so long to grind i've heard, since i got 100 before the attributes plugin change. WHAT DOES COOKING HAVE TO DO WITH ENDURANCE????!?!??

change the plugin, remove it altogether, it's a roleplay game, you shouldnt have to be on the grind for this shit man

WhisperTheFallen

Level 54
WhisperTheFallen
WhisperTheFallen
Omega+
-1 I like the idea but I think it's something that will be implemented and I also believe that an update to the attribute system is in the works which could be handled in a better way

Users who are viewing this thread