aurelki

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
aurelka#1825

How old are you? (Optional):
19 years old- born in 2003.

What is your time zone?:
Central European Time; CET (GMT +1)

Describe your activity on the server:
As a college student, I have generally flexible weekday hours, and have the chance to come online during the day for a few hours at a time. However, I am definitely far more active during the weekends and evenings.

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?):
No

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes, I acknowledge and understand the consequence that inactivity may have on maintaining a faculty position.

School Employee Role you are applying for?:
School Nurse

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for:
A School Nurse is responsible for the health and safety of the students attending school. This includes preventing dangerous situations from occurring on school grounds, such as aiding in stopping fights (and taking care of the injuries) or watching over drunk students. School Nurses are equipped with the medical expertise and experience to utilize first aid practices, to secure and sterilize minor injuries such as cuts, sc****s, bruises, up to the more severe injuries such as concussions, intoxication, or even broken bones. In those more severe cases, Nurses serve as the primary responders, to stabilize the student or individual, before the more qualified EMS are able to take care of the situation. Aside from medical knowledge, Nurses are also equipped with patience and understanding to help students throughout their day and make sure their days are safe and comfortable. Nurses also play the important role in aiding Teachers and Professors when medical situations arise in their classes, to ensure that no one’s health or education (and time) is jeopardized. In all reality, no two days are the same in the life of the School Nurse, and they are always prepared to react accordingly to any new situations that may arise throughout the day!

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I have been a member of the School Roleplay community for many years, my first experience starting in 2017. In all honestly, the SRP server is the only Minecraft roleplay server that I play on. However, throughout the years I have been on the server, I have gained a great understanding of roleplay and the fictional world it creates. As I have been on the server for several years, playing alongside the development and expansion of the server, I have also witnessed firsthand how the roleplay (rules, norms, etc.) have changed and grown. Therefore, I believe, that participating in roleplay during these different times and stages, I have gained a complete and thorough understanding of how to roleplay (including my more recently explored areas of detailrp).

Why do you want to join the School Employee faction
?: I have considered several different factions before deciding to apply for the School Employee faction. I ultimately decided upon the School Employee faction because I had an in-character opportunity to meet the members of the faculty and understand their colleague bond, which I immediately fell in love with. It seemed so friendly and personal, almost like a huge family, just one where everyone gets along! Another reason that led me to choose this faction is the fact that this would be my first “adult” job, where my character would be leaving behind her student years for an actual occupation. I decided what better place to start this new page in my character’s life than in a place that I am familiar with (that being the school). More importantly, I was motivated to apply for the school employee faction because of the ability to communicate actively with and take care of fellow students, some of those being new and potentially threatened in the new environment. Not to mention, I have a great interest and decent understanding of Biology and Medicine (which I study OOCly), which I would love to incorporate in my roleplay and experiment with, before potentially considering a position in the far more demanding EMS faction. If anything, being the school nurse is the best place to start my “adult” roleplay journey!

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

Teacher’s Assistant [Accepted] https://schoolrp.net/threads/moontrqnces-teacher-assistant-application.4107/

Norwegian 1st Attempt [Denied] https://schoolrp.net/threads/norwegian-language-application-aurelki.53327/

Norwegian 2nd Attempt [Accepted] https://schoolrp.net/threads/norwegian-language-application-attempt-2-aurelki.53388/

Gaelic [Accepted]
Third Language Authorization [Accepted] https://schoolrp.net/threads/third-language-authorization-application-aurelki.54295/

Russian [Accepted] https://schoolrp.net/threads/russian-language-application-aurelki.54302/

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
As of right now, I am a College Masters [M] student. I have applied for, and written a Ph.D. paper, and am currently awaiting further instructions pertaining to the project presentation dates. Though if my application is accepted before the Ph.D. presentations occur, then I will resign from my Ph.D. presentation.

────────────

Situations
/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?:
Bellamy would be rather unfazed at the insults and curses, putting her best face and professionalism forward. While she does care deeply for others opinions, she knows where to draw the line between constructive criticism and pure hatred and insults. She’d calmly approach the student, ask them to calm down, and suggest that they sit down with her, so that they could talk things through civilly (in order to get to the root cause of these targeted insults). Perhaps it was something Bellamy had done that triggered the student, or an argument with another peer that caused this situation – Bellamy would find out through kind, motherly words, offering her full support and advice. After all, as a nurse, Bellamy’s job would not only be to treat physical injuries, but also aid in psychological support and preventing possible injuries in the future (in the case that this upset student, might later decide to curse at or fight with other students). In the end, Bellamy would be happy that the student chose her as the focus of insulting, solely for the fact that if not for her, this angry student could/would target other peers or faculty members, which may not have such a peaceful outcome.

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:

Bellamy would not hesitate to quickly walk into the situation, positioning herself between the two fighting students. She’d firmly, yet politely, order them to cease their fighting, warning them that they will be punished, or given detention, if they continue to fight. If the students do indeed listen to Bellamy’s clear orders and warnings, she’d quickly glance over their physical wellbeing, cautiously searching for any injuries caused by the fighting. If Bellamy does indeed find something concerning, she would promptly lead them to the Nurse’s office, where she would continue to assess their injuries and supply the appropriate medical care for their needs. Only after being sure that all injuries have been taken care of (and all vitals are normal), she would release the students off their separate ways, reminding them that further fighting would result in consequences. In the possible case that the students would ignore her stern warnings and orders to stop fighting, Bellamy wouldn’t hesitate to call for aid from her fellow faculty colleagues to break up the fight.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?:

Bellamy is a firm advocate of professionalism in the workplace. She believes that work is a duty and must be taken seriously, especially since school employees work with and care for students – this responsibility is especially high. Considering that Nurses are accustomed to dealing with the aftermath of dangerous situations (such as injuries), she wouldn’t take this inappropriate and dangerous activity lightly - especially since it is coming from a coworker. At first, she’d approach the coworker with a friendly and laidback demeanor, casually informing them that their actions are causing a dangerous environment, asking them gently to reconsider their actions. Ideally, the confrontation would stop there, as the faculty member would realize their wrongdoings and cease repeating them. However, in the event that the faculty member does not listen or stop, Bellamy would continue to repeat herself, even more sternly with each repeated time. Over the course of the confrontation, Bellamy would keep a close eye on the coworker, making sure that no bystanders are close by or in immediate danger. If the situation does seem to get out of control, with Bellamy not being able to secure it herself, she would call for assistance from the other faculty members (to help talk some sense into the coworker, or even remove them from the dangerous scene), or in extreme situations, call for the Dean/Principal to deal with the disobedient and unprofessional faculty member.

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?

Bellamy would take her time in the break room as an opportunity to relax and destress, taking the time to talk to, and drink coffee with her fellow coworkers. Afterall, the school faculty are all on the same team, and they need to get along in order to make the school a safer and more educational place. During this time, if not actively engaged in conversation, she may read articles or studies about the newer advances in medicine and in first aid, in order to be able to keep her medical practices up to date (for the benefit of the students). Despite being in the employee break room, with the opportunity to rest, Bellamy would use this time to enhance her skills and int****rsonal connections, reasoning that as long as she is on school campus, she must take her job seriously and work – though she doesn’t mind this intensity, since it is something she is passionate about.

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:

[A basic interaction between the Nurse and a Student in Need at the Nurse’s Office]
/me &#c8a2c8She’d smile warmly to the student approaching the Nurse’s office window, adjusting her glasses to sit higher on her nose. &f”Good morning, what may I help you with Sweetie? Is everything alright?” &#c8a2c8She’d listen attentively to the student explain the details of a recent fight that occurred on school campus, taking notes of names and events, for future record-keeping purposes. She’d nod subtly, giving an occasional &f“mhm” &#c8a2c8before placing her pen down next to her notebook, and standing up- leaning over the counter. &f”Were you injured in this fight?” &#c8a2c8She would ask with a soft tone, before heading behind the counter to reach for a pair of latex gloves. &f”Alright, let’s see… please follow me!” &#c8a2c8She’d gesture towards the entrance, heading over to open the door to let the student in…

[Providing appropriate medical care to a cut or sc****]
/me
&#c8a2c8She would be peacefully rearranging the medical supplies found in the supply drawers – until she was interrupted by a knock at the office’s front door. She’d quickly organize the strewn instruments and bandages, putting them in a safe place before removing her latex gloves, straightening her clothes as she walked to the door. She would open the door, a surprised look appearing on her face, as she laid her eyes upon a student clutching their own bloodied and injured palm. &f”Oh my.. Please come on in dear!” &#c8a2c8She would lead the student towards a chair, quickly tying her long hair back into a high ponytail. &f”Could you please tell me what happened?” &#c8a2c8She’d ask, listening carefully to the student’s response as she went to the supply closest for a new pair of gloves and medical supplies. She would return to the student’s chair, placing several labelled bottles and wrapped bandages on a small, mobile table. She’d take a singular wet wipe, carefully wiping down the bloodied area around the gash found on the student’s palm. She’d responsibly dispose of each bloodied cloth into the appropriate trash cans, before reaching for a brown bottle of hydrogen peroxide. She’d take a sterile cotton ball, swiftly placing it on the bottles open end, before tilting the bottle to infuse the cotton with the disinfectant. &f”Now darling, don’t be surprised. This may sting a little bit-“ &#c8a2c8She starts to say, not waiting for the student’s response, before she dabs at the shallow cut with the cotton swab. She’d look up at the student, with a kind and reassuring smile before saying, &f”Now, that the worst part is behind us, I’ll just bandage you up and you’ll be as good as new!” &d#c8a2c8She’d cut open a package of sterile bandages, taking the bandage and wrapping the students palm. With swift, “S” shaped motions, she would wrap around the thumb and palm, before securing the end with a small safety pin. She would remove her dirty gloves, throwing them into the trashcan, before patting her knees. &f”All set sweetie! As good as new! Now, be sure not the get the bandaging dirty or wet, and do come back if you start to experience pain or swelling! Please be more careful next time, I wouldn’t want to see you back here anytime soon.” &#c8a2c8She’d laugh playfully, waving at the student who was already leaving the office…

[Aiding during an in-class emergency]
/me
&#c8a2c8 She would be tugging mindlessly at the lanyard that hung on her neck, waiting in anticipation for something to occur – not that she wanted something bad to happen… That’s when the small radio located at her hip began to hiss and crackle, with someone’s voice breaking through. Bellamy would get up promptly, gathering all her basic first aid materials upon hearing the words &f”Student…passed out… room 218 … Nurse” &#c8a2c8come over the radio. She’d rush out of the Nurse’s office, headed straight to the designated classroom, weaving in-between students in the hallways. Upon reaching the classroom, she was greeted by the Teacher who quickly explained the scenario – a student had passed out during a lesson period. Bellamy quickly walked up to and leaned over the student who was lying on her desk. &f”Please, could I ask two strong students to help me lift her and lay her on her back on the ground?” &#c8a2c8She’d glance around the classroom, a thankful smile spreading over her face when she sees two male students get up and approach her. &f”Now, gently – make sure to support her head!” &#c8a2c8she instructs as she guides the passed out student’s body gently to the ground. Quickly looking over the female student’s body, she begins removing tight and constricting articles of clothing – the choker necklace, the tight belt- in hopes of increasing blood flow to her brain. &f”Uh- quick- you! Come lift her legs up, and hold them just about your hip height!” &#c8a2c8She’d point to one of the male students who helped her earlier, while she herself crawled up to the student’s head. She carefully brushed the hair out of her face, taking the backside of her hand and touching the student’s forehead, and checking her for breathing - alright, no temperature, steady breathing. &f”Just keep holding her legs up, she’ll be back in a couple seconds..” &#c8a2c8She gently massages the student’s shoulders as she begins to wake up, gently keeping her from standing up. &f”Now now, easy there dear. Don’t get up too fast or you might pass out again…” &#c8a2c8She slowly helps the student sit up, keeping her balanced by holding her hand on her upper back. &f”There, I think she’s stabilized, though I’d like to get her to the Nurse’s Office, to keep a close eye on her for a while. Could someone help me walk her there?” &#c8a2c8 She’d help the girl get up slowly, holding her by the waist as she began to make her way towards the door, with a curt nod of “goodbye” to the Teacher whose class was interrupted…

────────────

In-Character Section
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

Full Name (First & Last only): Bellamy Tuva Kinsella
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Miss
Preferred Name:
Bellamy, or Bel (for coworkers or friends)

Age (Minimum is 25):
Religious Denomination:
Non-practicing, though Roman Catholic leaning
Marital Status:
Unmarried, although engaged

Academic Degree:
Bachelor’s Degree in Microbiology, Master’s Degree in Nursing
Year of Graduation:
Graduated Year 2015 (at the age of 22)
Major(s):
Microbiology (B), Nursing (M)
Minors:
Human Biology and Physiology, in order to understand injuries and illnesses as a deeper, more molecular level

Nationality:
Irish-Norwegian
Current Location:
Karakura, Japan
Native Languages:
Gaelic, Japanese
Other Languages:
Norwegian, Russian

Backstory

Bellamy Kinsella had a life, specifically a childhood, full of traveling and moving from house to house. Bellamy's mother, Freja Kristiansen, a Norwegian woman, worked as a busy flight attendant, which was the main reason for Bellamy's constant traveling/moving. Bellamy was born on February 21st, 2003 in the University Hospital of North Norway, in Tromsø. Bellamy spent her infant years, up until the age of 4, living alone with her maternal grandparents, while her mother traveled for work. However, worried about the possible detrimental effects of leaving their child in the care of others, her parents soon decided that Bellamy needed to live with her parents. This forced Bellamy to move to Ireland, to move into her father's house, where she lived with her father. In Ireland, Bellamy spent her childhood years, and began attending primary school, until grade 5. When Bellamy was finishing 5th grade, her father received a business job offer in Karakura, Japan. He graciously accepted the offer and swiftly decided to move to Karakura, of course, bringing Bellamy with him. Having finished 5th grade in Ireland, Bellamy was homeschooled by her mother for one year, completing 6th grade, before she began attending Karakura High School for 7th grade. Bellamy adapted quickly to the new environment, as she had no other option, and ended up blooming socially, making lots of new friends.

Here she discovered her love for Biology and natural sciences, thanks to several brilliant high school biology teachers who encouraged her to observe and question the world around her. During this time, she also developed an interest in the medical field. Her father, a business man, worked in a tower in the Business Park district, not far from the hospital. Therefore, whenever Bellamy would decide to visit him at work after school, she would stop by the hospital entrance to observe the doctors and surgeons bustling around, saving lives. Bellamy was entranced by this – the power to save lives and heal. So, whenever she’d return home after a day of listening in on medical conversations, she would search up and read about all this medical terminology, in hopes of one day understanding what the doctors and surgeons were all referring to. Shortly after came High School graduation, and passing her exams with flying colors, Bellamy decided to start her Bachelor’s in Microbiology. Microbiology, specifically the microorganisms, being the foundation of all diseases and human ailments, was the perfect place for Bellamy to start her medical field journey. However, as much as she fell in love with Microbiology, she felt that she wasn’t cut out for long hours alone in a Laboratory, so she decided to try out something more clinical for her Master’s degree. Once again passing her college exams – with an S-grade, the only S-grade that testing session - she decided to start her Masters in Nursing. From the first lecture, she felt that this was the major for her. She was filled with such passion and excitement to learn about the human body and its processes, that she didn’t mind spending countless hours studying or passing out from exhaustion on medical textbooks. During this time, she had also helped motivate one of her dearest friends to apply for a Teacher’s position, being especially excited because he was applying to become a Biology teacher. Of course, she supported him with all her heart, biology being a passion for both of them. In return, her friend proposed that she apply for a position as a School Nurse, knowing how much she loved helping fellow students. At first, Bellamy wasn’t convinced this was the job for her - she was caught at a crossroads, trying to figure out which career path was right for her. However, over the time that she spent with her newly qualified teacher friend, she had more and more opportunities to meet with the School Faculty, and get to know them better. She immediately fell in love with the community and their work-dynamic, and she knew, deep down, that she would fit in with these lovely people. So now, here she is, laboring over her job application, trying to make it the best reflection of her determination and work ethic - ready to begin the next chapter of her life.

Motivation for Joining KHS: As I have explained more in depth, in the question below, I have worked in the school environment before. I found that time to be important in both personal and professional development, and I enjoyed working with both the faculty and the students to create a school environment that is welcoming and educational. After leaving my T.A. position to pursue my own college degree, I knew that it would be a matter of time before I felt the longing for such a position again. I deeply enjoyed working with all the students, creating meaningful relationship and bonds, and felt determined to use my newly gained medical knowledge and experience to better serve the school community. Karakura High School and College are very important places to me, being a safe haven for me after I moved from Ireland for my high-school years. I have grown and felt welcome in this town because of the care and I assistance that I received here. Now, I would love to return the favor, and help all the new and incoming students feel the same way I did during my educational years!

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"):
Several years ago, at the age of 21, I have been accepted for the position of Teacher’s Assistant, where I had the opportunity to work closely with Teachers and Professors during lessons and class times. Asides from aiding in explaining topics to students and preparing lessons, I also had the opportunity to work closely with students, getting to know them personally, aiding them in their high school careers. While I did ultimately leave the position to continue my own College degrees, I do not regret my time spent as a Teacher’s assistant, because of the perspective and positive experience it gave me.

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:
I believe that my knowledge and experience, paired with my ambition is passion, make me a perfect candidate for the position as School Nurse, in terms of qualifications. Although, I cannot directly say I am the best candidate (for lack of comparison to other applicants), I believe that my motivation and passion to constantly learn new medical techniques and practices, alongside my kind and welcoming personality would make me a valuable addition to the faculty team. Paired with my previous working experience in the school, I believe I am ready and better equipped for this new position, as school nurse - to provide a school environment that is welcoming, friendly, and above all, healthy!

────────────

Extra
Additional notes about your application:
I understand that there are currently no open positions for the Nurse role. In the event that my application is accepted, I am willing to wait patiently for a potential job opening!
Do you have any questions?:
No, thank you, everything is clear!

Thank you for taking the time to review my application!

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
Pending

- Unfortunately, we don't have any spots at the moment but whenever this changes I'll review this application again!
- If you ever decide to remove this application change the title to [REMOVE]

If you have any questions don't hesitate to DM me - mariav#6666

Users who are viewing this thread