mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Backpack suggestion

ThyPyroNinja

Level 2
IGN: ThyPyroNinja
DATE: 3-20-2021
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
What if you could right-click to add a backpack on the chestpiece just like hats, so you could hold something in both your hands and not have it be the backpack​

Laur

Level 39
Neutral choice

The reason for this being is, it's a great idea, but I've heard that it was already a plugin a few years ago. If the plugin isn't here now, there must have been some reason why it was removed which is why I'm neutral on the suggestion at the moment.

Yonio

Level 327
Senior Admin
Police Lead
Media Coordinator
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
This has already been talked with some modelers, but we reached the conclusion that it would be impossible (with our current knowledge) to use chestplate placeholders as models. This occurs because the item of "leather chestplate", for example, is different than what you're wearing. To put it simple, what's in your inventory is an item, whereas what you're wearing is actually an entity. Changing entity models is possible, yes, but can't be used the same way as minecraft items, where you can fit many models in a single item ID

qbigail

Level 77
Backpacks were exploited to dupe items, big nono. As well as this, Yonio has stated why it cannot be modelled.

ThyPyroNinja

Level 2
qbigail, are you talking about if you were to put it on your back, it would be duped? or are you talking about if you could put stuff into the backpack? I know of the dupping thing with I believe a bag that you could store stuff in, but what I was talking about was the decoractional items that you have have on your back when in your hand. Also, Thank you Yonio for the explination!

WiffyBanter

Level 143
KirikoM
KirikoM
Omega
+1 / -1

I would love to see backpacks / bags be re-introduced to SRP as now SRP has an abundance of items that any Player can buy / trade, thus making inventory space a pain. But, it was abused and I can see it being abused again.

As for the model idea, I am not educated in modelling but I recall talking with a modeller and them explaining how its impossible to do for SRP currently.

Im6

Level 184
DENIED

Thanks for the feedback however we've chosen to deny this - Reason has been stated by Yonio

Users who are viewing this thread