mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted Bananachacha's Teacher Application

kadenalink

Level 2
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?: bananachacha.

How old are you?: 16.

Do you have any previous bans?: I have no bans on either of my accounts. The closest I’ve come is being warned for minging on one occasion, but I believe it’s a relatively minor offense in comparison to others.

What Country are you from?: The United States of America.

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your discord username?): Yes, I have Discord. The username is get jiggy with it#7155.

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?: I completely understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: I am well aware of this fact. If I am accepted, I will try my best to be even more active than I previously was.

Do you understand that all classroom activity must be documented on the "Teacher Roster" thread?: I do! I also understand that failure to do so risks losing the position.

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?: Although I am not currently exceedingly active on the forum, I plan on becoming a more proactive poster; however, I’m on the server itself every day for at least a few hours.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?: https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/german-application.16838/

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?: Throughout my months on the server, I’ve noticed the absence of dedicated teachers. With the upcoming rule update and my personal interest in teaching as a profession in mind, I decided to apply for the position. Not only that, but I believe my character and I could provide useful information to the players of SchoolRP that will aid them in immersing themselves in the world of Karakura.

Do you have any experience in Roleplaying?: Not only have I been playing on the server for several months, but I also have over five years of roleplay experience in other formats. I think of myself as a relatively skilled writer, a trait which I believe carries over to SRP rather well.

Have you read the Faculty Handbook?: I have, in fact, read the Faculty Handbook.

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?: The logs prove that you have been fulfilling your purpose as a teacher, which keeps you from being demoted and keeps the admin team informed as to who is performing as they should be.

You want to start a school field trip; how do you do that?: At least two weeks before I plan on conducting the trip, I must send a formal letter to the Principal or Vice Principal explaining my motivation for doing so and how it will contribute to the students’ learning. Once the trip is approved, I, along with the rest of the teachers that plan on bringing their students along, would hand out permission slips for their parents to sign. The budget would be strictly set out and the students must have their own money to buy anything outside of the provided requirements.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

1. No speaking while a teacher or classmate is speaking.

2. No disrespect towards each other or the environment they are present in.

3. Homework must be finished. Failure to do so will result in a call home, followed by detention.

4. No food outside of the cafeteria.

5. No phones until specifically told that they may have them out.

6. Foul language will result in a student being sent into the hallway.

7. Violence will result in an immediate office referral.

8. There will be no calling out. To participate, you must raise your hand.

Summarize your previous RP experience's (both in general and on SchoolRP): For several years, I have dedicated myself to writing as a hobby. Roleplay was a natural choice. Currently, on my main account, one of my characters works in the library at Heartbucks. I’ve been involved in this specific community since September of 2018, despite taking a break from mid-October through the start of March. Although the majority of my roleplay experience does not lie in Minecraft servers, I firmly trust in my own abilities and believe that I am capable of performing this job and doing it well.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD: Head of Department. They watch over the entirety of certain subjects, create the curriculum, and ensure that QTLS and NQTs have the skills necessary to teach their students.

- QTLS: Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills. These teachers do not need aid from the Department Head to teach their classes, as they have proven themselves to be qualified at their jobs.

- NQT: Newly Qualified Teacher. At the bottom of the ranks are the NQTs. The HDs watch over them intently, and they must have permission to teach a class, as the HD has yet to be convinced of their abilities.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general: Teachers are responsible for the futures of their students. Although their position within SRP is not quite as impactful as that of teacher out-of-game, they are still incredibly important to the player base. A good teacher could save a reckless student from a life of misery, a fact which is relevant to the server itself, considering how many of the Grade 12s are involved in gang-related activities. Generally speaking, in Japan teachers make anywhere between 200,000 yen and 600,000 yen per month. Teaching typically extends well past the time spent in the school itself. The piles of school-work must be carried home by teachers and graded quickly, which leaves them with little time for themselves. A teacher must be truly dedicated to their job.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?: Teachers in SRP set an example for their students. As previously stated, they can be a guiding force in the life of a troubled child. In moments of need, which arrive often in-game, a student should be able to contact a trusted adult. A teacher should be thought of as such.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?: Currently, it runs on MoSCo, which stands for: Must Have, Should Have, Would Have.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?: Magdalena Horiuchi, a woman of mixed Eurasian ancestry, stands at five-foot-six, with a slim figure and a near-constant severe expression highlighting her features. She bears a short, upturned nose paired with amber brown eyes. Be it not for the grouchy crunch of her face, she would appear rather sweet, full cheeks and large eyes fooling many into misinterpretations. Despite her, at times, cruel behavior towards other adults, she would be very caring toward her students. A family-oriented woman with a strong sense of value, Magdalena greatly appreciates respect, though she knows not to damn a student over a lack of it. She is hopeful for each and every child that walks into her classroom, as well as her colleagues, despite the majority of her personal life and interests being hidden from those in her work environment. In the future, she plans on starting a family of her own and settling down with someone she loves. At some point, she would like to write a book documenting both her experience as a teacher and as a mother.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?: Firstly, I would politely and professionally question their behavior. Should the provided answers be unsatisfactory, I would request that they stop. If they still refuse to listen, punishment would follow.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?: I would zero in on the disruption and eliminate it, whether it requires confiscating a phone or sending a student out of my class. Disrespect will not be tolerated, no matter the situation. However, I would not lose my temper with my class at any point, and I would contact the student afterward to ensure they were aware of what they did.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?: Magdalena would behave rather formally toward her colleagues. Light banter, maybe, but she would never go so far as to insult another teacher. Often times, she would be found at a table, nursing a cup of coffee in her lonesome.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me Her fingers would leaf through the hulking stack of papers atop her desk, a soft sigh falling from her lips at the mere sight of it. She would pluck a packet from the top and grab a pen as she settled into her seat, ready to grade her students’ work.

/me She would stroll idly through the isles, her heels making a soft ‘click’ sound as she moved. Her eyes scanned intently over each child, on the lookout for cheaters amidst the dutiful test takers.

/me Her taciturn facade would stumble, but only for a moment. The woman quickly took control of the situation with a loud clap of her hands, effectively silencing the rowdy kids.

/me She would draw the mug to her lips, taking a long sip of the cooled coffee it contained. Fifth period was never easy. She rose to her feet shortly after, ready to start class despite her pounding headache.

/me She would offer a curt shake of her head, a well-manicured nail redirecting the student to the proper part of the article.

Backstory

Born to two loving parents in Northern Austria, Magdalena would be the eldest of two daughters. For many years, they were a tight-knit bunch, with little coming between them. Not even the throes of teenage angst could ruin their bond. Throughout the entirety of her childhood, she was close to her father. They spent every day together, laughing and making memories that the woman would still hold close to her heart thirty-some-odd years later. Her taught her to play the cello, to tie her shoes, to hold her head high in the face of adversity. Him suddenly falling ill was a devastating blow. At the age of 27, she had had many years with him, but did not think they were enough. Letting go had never been a skill she excelled at. Day in and day out, she spent the next year at his side, resigning from her position at a local school to dedicate the entirety of her time to her ailing father. No matter how much time she dedicated to him or how many prayers she sent off begging for his survival, it ultimately ended in tragedy. He passed shortly after her 28th birthday, leaving her listless and depressed. This state persisted for nearly a year and a half, the woman only finding her motivation following the birth of her niece. Two years later, she and her sister would have a sincere conversation that led to her decision to move to Japan. Rather than spending the rest of her life moping in absolute solitude, she traveled to his native home and restarted her life to honor him.

In-Character Information

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Magdalena Horiuchi.

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss.

Given Name(s): Magdalena.

Preferred Name: Ms. Horiuchi.

Religious Denomination: Roman Catholic.

Marital Status: Single.

Nationality: Austrian.

Current Location: Karakura, Japan.

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 7

Working Experience (# of years): 15

Academic Degree: Master’s

Year of Graduation: 2003 (High school), 2007 (Bachelor’s), 2009 (Master’s).

Major(s): Education, History.

Minors: Social Studies, Political Science.

Native Languages: German, Japanese.

Other Languages: N/A.

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: Unfortunately, no.

Preferred Teaching Subject: History.

Extra

Additional notes about your application (if any): N/A.

Do you have any questions?: N/A.

Last edited:

RAYHM

Level 193
RAYHM
RAYHM
Rich+
Accepted!
You will get your rank soon.
[important]
PM me on discord MikeShotZ#0960

Users who are viewing this thread