mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Basketball Plugin and Community

KingSaiko

Level 6
What's your Minecraft Username?: KingSaiko
What's the title of your suggestion?: Basketball Plugin and Community

What's your suggestion?:
Been playing on SRP for quite some time, as entertaining as SRP is, I do think the basketball community and plugin has gotten less attention as time went on. It’s also gotten much laggier. The server adds new features, there was a feature that was added and when you play basketball, one side is way laggier than the other which makes it unfair. Every time you face red side it lags. Another thing is the gym always has events every other week which then promotes another wave of inactivity and only the basketball community is affected because the courts are closed and there aren’t any other good courts that can be used as a second option.

With all of this being said, I believe there should be a way for basketball members to play in the basketball court in the stadium. A bus leading there maybe. This is a solution that I think we would all appreciate and would love to have so we can play whenever we want while there is events and won’t have that one sided lag feature that is present in the school courts. I think another great idea would be having another server where and once you take a bus to the gym, you are inside a sport facility while being separate from the server so there is less lag.

I also think before implementing anything new, performance of the server should be something that is prioritized first. Love new features but I hate lagging when playing the basketball plugin. Especially when it is unplayable. Thanks for listening to my input, hope that the stadium solution for these issues are soon implemented for the bball community or another server where there is a sport facility, and when you enter this facility you are warped there.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
It will greatly benefit the basketball community by promoting more activity, especially when we know there will be less lag and more opportunity to play when there are events.

Last edited:

BonBons

Level 30
+1
A separate event hall suggestion was accepted but never implemented. Every time there is an event in the gym (exams, dances, assembly's, banquets) we can't host practices and play games, which negatively affects the activity of teams. The extra court at the beach is always glitching, and has issues and no one uses it due to this.
Due to furniture being implemented and used in the school, the blue side of the court is laggier to score on. I think these problems should be patched and the solution is allowing team members to have access to the tourney courts, or creating an event hall for exams and events so that it does not affect the sports faction.

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- We worked with Basketball players to ensure the plugin was where it needs to be before we moved onto other projects, if you have further things you want to be specifically changed about the plugin, please make a more specific suggestion.​
- Regarding Furniture, if you lower your render distance, your FPS will dramatically increase. If it doesn't increase after lowering your render distance, it's likely your Computer, not the furniture.​
- As for a "Separate Event Hall", one was implemented in the corner of the map. We won't carry out a Grand Opening until the tournaments, or an event that requires it is planned.​

Users who are viewing this thread