Level 7
Teikko
Teikko
Notable
IGN: Porphie

DATE: 3/21/2022

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

1.)
The Ball Doesn't Follow The Player Currently, Can That Be Fixed Like It Used To Be?:

The basketball plugin is currently undergoing some maintenance or something I don't know the courts are closed off so that's what I can guess, so I guess while you guys are at it, I was wondering if you can also fix a certain aspect of the plugin. Before the server migrated to 1.17 the basketball plugin had this feature, as far as I can tell this show it worked, and I may be mistaken but this is how it seemed to work, whenever the player had the ball and released it for either a shot or pass the ball would kinda follow the player who last threw it, this made it so when the ball glitched on top of the net, all that you needed to do was move at a certain angle and the ball would follow you by bouncing off the board, or if you angled it right, into the basket. I may be wrong here, but I think that it also had an effect on the curvature of the passes, the old plugin used to work in such that you had to angle your shot to the side opposite you are standing in for the ball to curve in, without that feature the ball is more unpredictable and throws off a lot of the long halfcourt/ full-court shots making it less consistent (as far as I can tell). My suggestion is that somehow you re-add the feature where the ball (which is a magma cube) is aggroed to the last person who threw it (like it did before the migration to 1.17).

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

This will allow the team to make the shots we practiced so hard to perfect the angles and drawback to become more consistent, it would also make it easier so we don't have to relearn all the shots we used to take in the old plugin to the new one. This would benefit the community and it would make all of the basketball teams and captains (myself included) extremely happy.

Last edited:

Luca

Level 68
Traccia
Traccia
Rich
Relearning the shots would be a hassle. It would not take too long but it would just be tedious. I haven't been on the server in months so I have no clue what's been changed.

maraa

Level 210
touchmemara
touchmemara
Omega
+1

Sometimes i dont like when it's in the air over the basket and just follows the other player... because they move so it follows them and then they score :"((((

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted

- This will be added onto the list of fixes for the Basketball plugin​

Users who are viewing this thread