mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Bear's should be able to role play with humans without having to fear!

EthanYourBoy

Level 4
IGN: Bear_rp
DATE: 9/2/2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
As someone who roleplays as a bear, the most fun comes from interacting with human characters, which is against the rules if the bear isn't fear rping. I strongly think this should change. First, there are not nearly enough bears for roleplay to be interesting without human interaction at all. The number of people who paid to be bears is low, and the number of actual active bears is even lower. So, when a human character comes into the forest, that does liven things up, but it can become incredibly boring as well when the only roleplay I’m allowed to do is based on fear rping. Other human interaction, while it may not be the most realistic thing, would make roleplaying as a bear more fun and actually worth $15. The argument that people interacting with bears outside of fear rp is unrealistic also isn’t accurate. The vast majority of characters on SRP are gang members and highschool/college students. There are multiple cases of gang members and leaders illegally owning dangerous wild animals as pets, including bears, just to show off how wealthy and powerful they are. Half of the city is in a gang. The other half of the city is full of alcoholic students. Both of these groups would interact with bears without fear.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
Having bears be able to do more with human characters would benefit the server and community by making the bear role more fun, and therefore more people would be willing to pay to play as one. It could also spice up gang and police activities, like if the police raid a gang’s base they could rescue illegal exotic pets, which is something that actually happens in real life. Cute and silly moments are also something people could look forward to. Overall, it would make both roleplaying as a bear and a human much more interesting, where it be related to gang activity, having a bear steal your food while camping, or a lost cub wandering around in the parts of town near the forest and a bunch of drunk college kids befriend him with fish.
1644408903974.jpegPlease Like and share this post with everyone to try and help make a change in this matter!!!

Maybe there could be a change that allows bears out of the forest to interact with people under certain circumstances.
That could also allow for something like an animal control role for adults, which could be really fun.

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
The whitelist is to roleplay as a WILD bear; If you don't wish to be an extremely aggressive bear, it's up to you. But, realistically speaking, when wild bears find humans or they run/hide, or they ignore, OR attack when they feel threatened by them.

ppetrichor

Level 1
+1, unlike everyone else here.
The server is already fairly unrealistic- focusing on realism ruins the experience. It's a Minecraft roleplay server. Focus on the story being told over the rEaLiSm. Yes, it's important to behave realistically, but it hurts nobody to have a cute interaction with a bear. Also, these people really underestimate the idiocy of high school students. If we were focused on realism, there wouldn't be 50 million high school students in Karakura in fifty different gangs.

Promoting realism to the detriment of the enjoyment of those involved is ridiculous. We're roleplaying for a reason. If we wanted extreme realism, we'd go outside and move to Japan. Let the bears have cute interactions, damn it!

EthanYourBoy

Level 4
The server is already fairly unrealistic- focusing on realism ruins the experience. It's a Minecraft roleplay server. Focus on the story being told over the rEaLiSm. Yes, it's important to behave realistically, but it hurts nobody to have a cute interaction with a bear. Also, these people really underestimate the idiocy of high school students. If we were focused on realism, there wouldn't be 50 million high school students in Karakura in fifty different gangs.

Promoting realism to the detriment of the enjoyment of those involved is ridiculous. We're roleplaying for a reason. If we wanted extreme realism, we'd go outside and move to Japan. Let the bears have cute interactions, damn it!
THANK YOU THIS IS MY POINT

Hamburger

Level 190
LocalHamburger
LocalHamburger
Fundraiser+
I can disagree here. Doing FearRP is all part of SRP, and not using FearRP on bears is not realistic and against the rules and guidelines. It's very unrealistic how people wouldn't fear bears. Also, the rule on using FearRP is official, and most likely will not be changed. But that's not the reason why I cannot disagree with this.

Like I had already said, using FearRP with bears part of the game rules and guidelines, since not using FearRP on bears is basically against rules and guidelines and isn't very realistic.

ppetrichor

Level 1
I can disagree here. Doing FearRP is all part of SRP, and not using FearRP on bears is not realistic and against the rules and guidelines. It's very unrealistic how people wouldn't fear bears. Also, the rule on using FearRP is official, and most likely will not be changed. But that's not the reason why I cannot disagree with this.

Like I had already said, using FearRP with bears part of the game rules and guidelines, since not using FearRP on bears is basically against rules and guidelines and isn't very realistic.
You missed the point.

Wrath ⛥

Level 99
conqnest
conqnest
Notable
actually,+1 on this.
It's a bit ridiculous to add an animal whitelist and then supply no roleplay opportunity outside of permissions, attacking and literally majoring people. Most of the people I've met agree that a decent amount of people who've bought the animal whitelist have no actual intention of roleplaying a bear and getting interactions out of it, outside of attacking others. It is no fun to be this determined for realism to ruin interaction and opportunity for the sake of it. the point of roleplay is to be entertained, and if your determination to have strictly realistic aspects of EVERY part of the server, is ruining a possibility for actually quality roleplay opportunities, realistic or not. Personally, I think that allowing people to not fearrp the bears all the time is beneficial in itself, seeing as the server isn't even realistic to begin with, what's the point of taking away something people would enjoy for the sake of 'realism'? this is a roleplay server, if we wanted perfectly realistic interactions, we'd go outside.
also if youre so desperate for realism why is like 50% of like, 18 year olds slaughtering each other and joining gangs lmao

Lolo

Level 27
HaloBoss29
HaloBoss29
Notable+
+1
I didn't spend 4 years creating this character just to be attacked by a bear because I passed by it on my way to work.

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
Asleepaholic
Asleepaholic
Fundraiser+
“That right there is a wild alligator. I’m gonna go ride it.”

same energy.

let someone make a show/document their experience being face to face with a bear.

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
IGN: Bear_rp
DATE: 9/2/2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: As someone who roleplays as a bear, the most fun comes from interacting with human characters, which is against the rules if the bear isn't fear rping. I strongly think this should change. First, there are not nearly enough bears for roleplay to be interesting without human interaction at all. The number of people who paid to be bears is low, and the number of actual active bears is even lower. So, when a human character comes into the forest, that does liven things up, but it can become incredibly boring as well when the only roleplay I’m allowed to do is based on fear rping. Other human interaction, while it may not be the most realistic thing, would make roleplaying as a bear more fun and actually worth $15. The argument that people interacting with bears outside of fear rp is unrealistic also isn’t accurate. The vast majority of characters on SRP are gang members and highschool/college students. There are multiple cases of gang members and leaders illegally owning dangerous wild animals as pets, including bears, just to show off how wealthy and powerful they are. Half of the city is in a gang. The other half of the city is full of alcoholic students. Both of these groups would interact with bears without fear.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: Having bears be able to do more with human characters would benefit the server and community by making the bear role more fun, and therefore more people would be willing to pay to play as one. It could also spice up gang and police activities, like if the police raid a gang’s base they could rescue illegal exotic pets, which is something that actually happens in real life. Cute and silly moments are also something people could look forward to. Overall, it would make both roleplaying as a bear and a human much more interesting, where it be related to gang activity, having a bear steal your food while camping, or a lost cub wandering around in the parts of town near the forest and a bunch of drunk college kids befriend him with fish.
View attachment 26838Please Like and share this post with everyone to try and help make a change in this matter!!!

Definitely unrealistic, when you pay for the whitelist you should understand what comes with it. As maria stated, the bear is stated to be WILD in the whitelist, which means less human interaction.

pashy

Level 183

Great speech, good grammar, but the opinion ehh.. The community can't force players not to GangRP and I think the amount of GangRP is already balanced if we consider Karakura a high crime city.. Not alot of GangRP actions happen now and then it's usually just CombatRP. Your point is generally invalid.. To control whether people act realistically towards bears or something such as CombatRP that can't be forcefully stopped because it would be majorly stupid.. Plus, I'm very sure bears enjoy hunting humans down. No one picked a bear just to wait long for a human to pass by and play with him he wanted to have some fun by scaring other people.. Also the community multiple times complained about wanting the haunted forest back so this is just a better replacement to enjoy the risk of the experience.. If anything, taking the risk and having the aggressive bears is more fun.

Hamburger

Level 190
LocalHamburger
LocalHamburger
Fundraiser+
You missed the point.
Well, let me also say that your opinion is reasonable and I see why you would think that, but I'm saying realistically that not fearing a bear in SRP isn't very realistic, and does not make sense in the least.

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable

The server still focuses on realism, all of those unrealistic factors are being attempted to fix by a good portion of the community.

HATOLA

Level 271
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
+1
I wanna rp eith a bear. 90% from the times bears cant to rp with anyone bc they need to attack them. . .maybe it will be cool to have a normal cute uwu bear?

Users who are viewing this thread