Bedrock Players Suggestion

AiBerry

Level 5
ByunRP
ByunRP
Fundraiser
IGN: xXGhoBerryXx
DATE: 28/1/23
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Allow Bedrock players to join the Minecraft server. This would mean making the necessary changes and adjustments to the server so that players on the Bedrock version of the game are able to connect and play with those on the Java version. This could include adding cross-play compatibility.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE COMMUNITY?: Allowing Bedrock players to join the server will increase the potential player base, and allow for more diverse and inclusive gameplay. It would also help to unify the different versions of Minecraft and provide a better overall experience for all players. This would also give the community an opportunity to connect with a wider range of players, which would lead to more engaging and exciting gameplay experiences. Additionally, this could help to attract new players to the server and help to grow the community as a whole. Overall, I think this would be a great idea to implement.

I wouldn't be surprised if this suggestion was declined, seeing as others have probably suggested this before.

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
i have been informed that this already exists and that i am also wrong (+ stupid). rare philbertman42 L, savor this feeling, haters.
A potentially lesser-known reason why this won't be happening is because of how custom models on the server work. The server uses the "CustomModelData" NBT tag, which is exclusive to Java; this means that the resource pack wouldn't work, and all Bedrock players would see is a bunch of iron horse armor (unless there is some workaround, I don't know too much about Bedrock).
edit: i may or may not be wrong idk man read the message right below mine lol

Aside from that, there really isn't a reason to provide Bedrock compatibility. If you have Minecraft Bedrock, you also have Java and vice versa. All we're missing out on is mobile and console players, which wouldn't be able to roleplay that well anyway.

Last edited:

adalynoc

Level 109
adalynoc
adalynoc
Omega+
Neutral ig bc it already exists || I've seen a small handful of bedrock players who have joined the server, so it is currently possible you'll occasionally see a user with a period infront of their name such as ".Zaldoria" and that implies they're a bedrock player.
A potentially lesser-known reason why this won't be happening is because of how custom models on the server work. The server uses the "CustomModelData" NBT tag, which is exclusive to Java; this means that the resource pack wouldn't work, and all Bedrock players would see is a bunch of iron horse armor (unless there is some workaround, I don't know too much about Bedrock).

Aside from that, there really isn't a reason to provide Bedrock compatibility. If you have Minecraft Bedrock, you also have Java and vice versa. All we're missing out on is mobile and console players, which wouldn't be able to roleplay that well anyway.
Custom models do show up on bedrock, this was recently fixed in I believe 1.18 or 1.19 where they completely changed how NBT data was stored. Allowing custom models to show up on bedrock. However they do lack the custom names. So they'd see the custom item, it just would not maintain the custom name.

Attachments

• 1674948216006.png
    1674948216006.png
    46.8 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
Custom models do show up on bedrock, this was recently fixed in I believe 1.18 or 1.19 where they completely changed how NBT data was stored. Allowing custom models to show up on bedrock. However they do lack the custom names. So they'd see the custom item, it just would not maintain the custom name.
Wait, really? I don't know if I can't read or I'm just bad at looking through documentation. Thank you for correcting me, oh wise individual.

adalynoc

Level 109
adalynoc
adalynoc
Omega+
Wait, really? I don't know if I can't read or I'm just bad at looking through documentation. Thank you for correcting me, oh wise individual.
Yeah, it's not a very well known thing, I just have experience with this, as i did work for a friend who made a map and was utilizing cross platform between java and bedrock and he gave me a very in depth explanation of how it works lol

AiBerry

Level 5
ByunRP
ByunRP
Fundraiser
oml ty guys my best friend irl only plays bedrock and has literally been waiting to play for months. tysm everybody.

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
Thank you for your suggestion! After discussing this with the team we have decided to implement it.

- We're still working on a few things, but you are indeed able to play SchoolRP on Bedrock at the moment/​

Users who are viewing this thread