SaltyFollicles

Level 18
SaltyFollicles
SaltyFollicles
Notable
What's your Minecraft Username?: SaltyFollicles
What's the title of your suggestion?: Binding players with a grab

What's your suggestion?:
So recently I have encountered many people who break out of grabs without acting. My suggestion is to bind the grabbed player (with an invisible leash or teleportation commands, perhaps) to the grabber so they cannot move until it is broken. 2 extra commands, /release and /break, might also have to be introduced for this to work properly. /release could obviously release players and let them move freely and /break can have an autoroll similar /grab, but it also shows ALL attempts at breaking grab, both failed and successful, in chat so that the grabber knows that it is their move if in combat.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
I reckon this will reduce frp and players won't have to chase after people, telling them they were grabbed. Even the most experienced players sometimes miss chat and run off, so this feature will be very useful.

Infi

Level 130
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
This has been suggested before and denied unfortunately. A couple points that were brought up that’ll make the system incredibly flawed:

- People grab each other for no reason and it ends in failrp
- People tend to /grab others while standing still which also isn’t allowed

Whilst on paper the implementation sounds beneficial, but when in practice it’s incredibly flawed, too flawed to have on the server.

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
The only way I could see this work is if there was an option in your settings to toggle this on/off. Otherwise, this would become a very troublesome feature that will disturb other people's roleplay

uta

Level 102
wavestalker
wavestalker
Omega+
better idea where a giant fucking message flashes on your screen (like the bells) saying you were grabbed

llSockll

Level 5
better idea where a giant fucking message flashes on your screen (like the bells) saying you were grabbed
Would become annoying as people accidentally grabbing or grabbing for no reason, secondly with feather and probably other clients you can minimize and even turn off the text as a whole from appearing on your screen. Also wouldn’t stop people from just ignoring it as well

uta

Level 102
wavestalker
wavestalker
Omega+
Would become annoying as people accidentally grabbing or grabbing for no reason, secondly with feather and probably other clients you can minimize and even turn off the text as a whole from appearing on your screen. Also wouldn’t stop people from just ignoring it as well
it was more of a joke considering how many times this has been suggested but thats true lol

sir meow

Level 37
Z0mbi3chan
Z0mbi3chan
Rich
-1, imagine your trying to go somewhere and someone just grabs you for no reason and doesint type in the /release command, now your just stuck there

Ecocide

Level 32
3Eco
3Eco
Omega+
I could see it being ok if there was a timer and if you didn't do a command to release them within that time it would eject them, but it's still not worth the hassle to set up when people would just complain about it. On top of what everyone mentioned before about roleplay and failrp, plus a very annoying new rule for staff to monitor.

lobsterrdog

Level 31
lobsterrdog
lobsterrdog
Omega+
I agree with pretty much every point above me. However the only way I could possibly imagine this working is if it bound both players down when in use, but even then it seems like more trouble than it’s worth.

Imagine your minding your own business and a greenie decides to grab you and the rolls just aren’t in your favor.

EnderBubs

Level 57

As infi said sadly a lot of toxic players will use it to troll around and mess up entire situations. As well as overall think about how annoying it would be if you're just running around and someone just chooses to grab you and now you're frozen until they say otherwise? No thank you
I can see how you would want it, it prevents gangrpers and others from running and failrping but its something we just gotta cope with and something that staff can handle

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your suggestion! After discussing this with the team we have decided to decline it.

Users who are viewing this thread