robinzee
robinzee
Rich
R has come to...
R has come to...
R has come to.

R has come to.

IGN:
The username of the account I'm using to apply for this position is "robinzee". I also have an alternate adult account, robinaye.

Describe your activity on the server:
Hi, I'm Robin. I began playing about two years ago now.

My Fight Club Journey
I was (or rather, my character was) accepted into Fight Club in the role of bartender. There, I worked my way up the ranks and became a referee, head referee, and am now acting as manager. During my time there, I missed a very small number of openings. All missed openings were noted in advance through inactivity logs. I helped Toto streamline many of the systems of FC, such as the employee payout system, the betting station and the new stat-based fighting system. So far, we have seen nothing but acclaim from the fighters who have used it, calling it "fun", which is important to me. I am now the manager and co-leader of Fight Club, along with F1F4. During openings themselves, I take care of bets, and VIP lounge entry tickets, I referee from time to time and take care of paying out everyone. In Toto's, the creator of the system's, absence, I am tasked with keeping the statistics fair and balanced. Recently, I had to rework the system thanks to player feedback regarding unbalanced level curves.

Other Crime Faction Experience
I took part in the Yamaguchi-Gumi VS Akihito Clan War.

I was brought into Crime Clinic as a Security Head, but due to the inactivity of the business, I have not gotten any work done there.

I am also currently a Black Market Dealer Associate, helping out with the BMDs' problems and providing protection for them during openings.

Other Faction Experience
Non-crime-wise, I joined the Faculty Faction as a Modern History Professor on my alternate account, robinaye, in September 2022. Through character development, I switched to teaching Criminology in November, but due to real-life issues, I had to leave the faculty faction in January.

Roleplay Families
The same month, I joined Toto's Furukawa family on my alternate account. When Toto left the server, I was given full creative control over the family and I chose to give everyone the freedom to do as they saw fit with their characters. Right now, I have a character in the Joia and Asōgi families (led by SIMPL3Z and tays2fly respectively) named Isozoku Joia and Yasuko Asōgi.

Besides the above-listed, I am active on the forums where I have no issues providing my opinion on suggestions with proper reasoning.

I am active on the server in a healthy way. While I may not spend a quarter of my day on SRP, I usually hop on for at least an hour a day. I am also available non-stop on Discord if I am not asleep or doing something more important.

Below are the times during which I am capable of joining, with some notes:

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
20:00 - 0:00
17:00 - 22:00
17:00 - 23:00
UNAVAILABLE
16:00 - 0:00
10:00 - 0:00
10:00 - 0:00
I work on Mondays between 18:00 and 19:00. I can also, should the situation require me to, hop on between 16:00 and 17:00.
I start school on Wednesdays earlier than usual, so I have to go to bed earlier than usual the night before.
N/A
On Thursdays, I work long hours AND I have to wake up earlier than usual. A real one-two punch.
I may join you on rare occasions, but these will be few and far between.
N/A
Saturdays are taken up by Fight Club openings from 21:00 on a biweekly basis.
N/A
(Note 1: All times are in CET.)
(Note 2: I am still in school, so I have student responsibilities to tend to. These responsibilities will always take priority over any SRP activity. Thank you for understanding.)

Specify your Discord username and if you have a microphone:
My Discord username is, as you may already be aware, robinusko. Unfortunately for anyone who is forced to spend more than three minutes in a call with me, I do have a working microphone.

Specify your country of origin and time zone:
I am from Slovakia. My time zone is the Central European Time Zone. For reference purposes, that's GMT+1:00.

What are your motivations in applying for the black market dealer role?:
(I made this joke four times already, I'm gonna do it again: money!!!)

Jokes aside, I think the way that unique way the faction is run is interesting. Players have a lot more freedom here than they may in other factions, with people capable of simply starting their gangs, little business ventures and the like all without (or with very little in the way of) bureaucracy. People can simply roleplay and not worry about things like quotas, applications are less formal, there is no real "recipe" for the activity. I want to contribute to the faction more by creating events, writing lore, and helping out with running a crime business, all the while introducing interesting character dynamics between my character and others.

My motivations have largely remained the same all the times I applied for the role - I hope this shows that I am serious about them.

What helps you to stand out from other applicants & what can you uniquely provide to the team?:
I don't think I can provide anything more than myself.

I can give my urge to learn and to understand. If there's something I don't know, I try and I try until I get it. This drive to be knowledgeable and to get all sides of something is something that could make me an asset to the folks at the black market.

I can provide my insight as a roleplayer who has been part of roleplaying communities for over six years now, as somebody who loves the faction with all my heart and as somebody who is a storyteller first.

Those who have worked with me (or even just spoken to) in the past know that I am passionate about the projects I work on and that I am ready to give it my all.

What previous experience do you have in working with a team?:
As mentioned before, on SchoolRP, I've had the pleasure of working with many lovely people as the manager of Fight Club by reviewing applications, talking to them both on and off openings, and doing general manager things. To quote Jordan Schlansky of Conan fame:

"I have various duties and responsibilities."

I was a curator on multiple roleplay communities on Amino, which had me moderating both in-character and out-of-character chats and reviewing OCs in addition to discussing potential changes to the rules, story and lore with other people (not just other moderators, but regular users, too).

In real life, I worked as a children's camp counsellor over the summer, which forced me to work with many people whom I had just met moments before to ensure the safety, education and fun of kids at the camp. In the past, I've also worked as a receptionist at a hotel, which had me constantly talking to visitors, co-workers and upper management. I'm also a hobbyist game developer and am organising a game collaboration between myself and 14 other devs.

What suggestions do you have to help better the crime faction?:
I disagree with the notion that it is up to the admin team to somehow "fix" GangRP or CrimeRP. No amount of new crime zones (apologies, Electricity Sewers), bringing back Kill Permissions or a "reputation point system" will make things better, it is up to the players themselves to make things more fresh and active. Other factions do not receive updates to "revive" themselves, and neither should the Crime Faction.
That is why my suggestions will focus on things that will make people who already enjoy the way GangRP is now. As always, however, I am open to hearing out people's ideas and giving my thoughts on them.

Bounty Hunting
As I understand, a large part of the new dealer's responsibilities will be co-managing the bounty hunting criminal business with Springwood. At one point I actually planned on joining the bounty hunters myself, but then real life happened, and when I finally had more free time, applications were closed. It would be an honour to work on making the bounty hunters more prominent on the server.

One idea I had to achieve that goal was to run Bounty Hunting as an ever-active group, even in the absence of contracts. For example, training sessions could be introduced to enhance the players' CombatRP skills through P2L AND roll-based battling, testing the players' knowledge of how to best use each weapon. Also, event character contracts could be introduced to ensure that bounty hunters have something to do, should business be in a drought.

Criminal Tribunals
Criminal Tribunals would be Crime Events during which a character, accused of something they deny doing, would be tried in a court of (un)law. They would function similarly to regular Karakura Town trials, with three sides serving their functions: the defence, the prosecution, and the judge. The defence attempts to prove themselves innocent of a crime they allegedly committed while the prosecution, with the judge assessing both sides' arguments and declaring a verdict.

As these are underground trials, they are allowed to be outside of the law's typical limitations. Fights could break out in the "courtroom", the councils could pressure witnesses, and, most importantly: the death sentence would be a viable ruling, as the government has banned its use in "official" trials.

Are you familiar with all rules pertaining to weapon profiles, combat, permissions, and player conduct on the server?:
I am familiar with all the rules about weapon profiles, combat, permission and player conduct on the server. However, if there is something I don't understand, I have no problem asking and learning.

Are you familiar with that if you leave the black market at any point, the black market lead will have permanent kill permissions on your character?:
I understand that should I leave the Black Market at any point, the leader will have permanent kill permissions on my character.

Are you familiar with that if your character(s) is/are killed or permanently arrested twice, you will be removed from the black market?:
I understand that if my character is killed or permanently arrested twice, I will be removed from the Black Market.

Are you familiar that you cannot reveal any out-of-character plans or potential additions to the black market to others?:
I understand that I cannot reveal any out-of-character plans and potential additions to the server to others.

- START OF IN-CHARACTER FILE -
(Upon the desk of 'TARASQUE' sits a thick folder, labelled 'OTACON' 'SHIZUKA'.)

Full Legal NameAkiyama, Ridley (秋山リドリー)
Criminal Alias'SHIZUKA', Japanese for 'Silent'.
Formerly known as 'OTACON' during her time as an Associate.
Age & Occupation25 years old.
Gender & Marital StatusFemale.
Unmarried.
Ethnicity & RaceJapanese-American.
Asian.
Known LanguagesJapanese and English (native). Has an unfortunate habit of shoehorning French phrases into her yapping. Studying Japanese Sign Language in her free time.
Former Associations/OccupationsKabuki Corporation, Benefactor, CEO. The girl got it in her head that she could be a great businesswoman if she set her mind to it and started a contractor agency that does anything anybody wants. Made appearances as a worker in Kabuki Corporation's "Murders & Executions Mergers & Acquisitions Division". Short-lived due to the falling out between the founding members.

Midnight Channel, Creator. Another short-lived stint. To sell the legitimacy of her company, she made up a fake enemy - The Midnight Channel. This spiralled out of her control, they started killing too many people, etc. You get the drill. It's not something new in Karakura. Possible liability - there is still a USB with recordings of broadcasts on it out in the world.

The Black Market, Associate. 'OTACON' was one of the most notorious Black Market Associates, known for her sharp tongue and quick wit. Unfortunate for anybody who had to spend more than three minutes with her. She was/is most often seen with 'OWL'/'MARIA', and 'FORTUNE'. Target also appears to show a deep respect for 'STARGATE'. Has only interacted in passing with 'MIZUCHI'. Akiyama also displays a mild dislike of 'RORSCHACH', which could spiral into conflict. No obvious troubles with other associates.

Karakura Fight Club, Manager. The youngest and longest-serving administrative employee. As Fight Club had passed through three hands, Akiyama remained as a supportive spine - she and that potted plant, "Charlie". She also occasionally serves as a referee and manages the V.I.P. Lounge Tickets and Betting stand.

Karakura Crime Clinic, Security Supervisor. Inactive due to low activity of the business.
Highest Level of EducationLaw Degree, Karakura High School and College.
Physical/Mental AilmentsDiagnosed high-functioning Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. Self-medicates.
No physical ailments. Combat-capable, though appears to stay on the sidelines of conflict. Minor stab wound under left pectoralis; recently reopened.

Known Familial and Near-familial Relations:
Full Legal NameRelationshipStatusPlayer
Hana AkiyamaMother, biologicalAliveN/A (NPC)
Ryuunousuke AkiyamaFather, biologicalMissing, presumed deceasedN/A (NPC)
Iki SaitōFormer confidantUnknown to targetreifumo
Percival "Goya" NiiyamaFormer confidantAlivehoundrats
Hibiki AsōgiConfidant, roommateAliveMeneer_Kilian

- END OF IN-CHARACTER FILE -

Describe your character's appearance to the greatest detail:
Ridley Akiyama, in a city of smells, is vapour.

She is an attractive-looking female with crow-black hair which is held up in a messy high ponytail. Her porcelain doll-like face is framed by a fringe and adorned by a scar in the shape of an inverted cross. Ridley was given brown eyes to examine things as closely as possible from as many different angles as possible, but due to a fault inherited from her family, she now has to wear slim, stylish dioptric glasses.

Ridley's body is a completely average one - not too large, not too small. She has rather pale skin from her time spent inside during her earlier years. There is a stab wound on the left side of her chest, just under her heart. The nails on the hands of her fingers are kept polished - not coloured. Recently, she has begun to bite on the tips, leaving them rather jagged.

While on everyday outings, Ridley prefers to wear formal clothing: shirt, tie, long skirt. When in the presence of somebody she admires, she curtsies, pinching the skirt and bowing her head groundward, out of politeness. She used this outfit as part of her duties as 'OTACON', often going spelunking into the sewers with it with no regard to the smell and possibility (inevitability) of getting it dirty. However, she has since realised that the outfit is too recognisable to wear on openings and has since opted for a more inconspicuous long coat which covers up the recognisable portions of her outfit. It also keeps her warm, which is a nice bonus.

Personally speaking, I want my characters' appearances to reflect who they are as people and the trials and tribulations they had to go through. I'm also a fan of metaphors hidden in appearances - for example, Ridley's chest wound opening up is a metaphor for the pain she caused coming back to haunt her.

Describe your character's personality to the greatest detail:
These days, Akiyama is much more of a recluse than she used to be. In the past, she'd go out and act kind and the like, attempting to garner sympathy for the sinner, but nowadays, Ridley finally recognises that it was all just a foolish game an unhappy girl played. Although talkative and soft-spoken, during daily life, she stays at home in an attempt to not bring any more pain to undeserving parties.

Although she refuses to admit it to herself, Ridley is a painfully jealous person. She yearns for things she cannot have and it physically pains her to see somebody who has said things. Most notably: love.

Ridley is an inquisitive woman and will always attempt to mine for more information, should the situation be unclear to her. She often employs a strategy known as "mirroring", repeating the last few words spoken in a questioning tone, hoping they will be elaborated upon. At this point, it has become one of her verbal quirks, with people often commenting on how much it annoys them.

Ridley has an affection for two games in particular: the first is chess. Despite her love for it, however, she refuses to learn the best strategies, preferring the game to come "as it is" and think outside of the box of book openings and end-games. This also applies to her in real life: she does not like to do things which are expected, which often leaves her ideas open to criticism...

A graduate of law, she believes that the punishment should fit the act, and she takes this notion with her into the criminal world. Ridley sees herself a necessary evil, to an extent. She doesn't mean to hurt those who don't mean to hurt others. Homicide is, to her, one of the less severe punishments she can give out. Most issues she can simply move past. She finds murder too simple, too old-fashioned, too quick. If she were truly to punish someone... well, perhaps it's better to keep that to ourselves, no?

As the job calls for it, 'SHIZUKA' is very different from her previous persona, 'OTACON'. While Otacon was a very outspoken person on everything, Ridley recognises that this made her well-known by the dealers and the associates. Therefore, SHIZUKA, as her name suggests, is near-mute, preferring to express herself by her gestures and actions. If there is no way to communicate without using her voice, she speaks in a hushed voice and in as few words as possible. This way, Ridley leads a double life within the Black Market itself: one of 'OTACON', the Fight Club manager, and 'SHIZUKA', the Dealer and Bounty Hunter Administrator.

Describe your character's backstory to the greatest detail:
"The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed..."

Prologue: The Fool
"The Fool is numbered 0 – the number of unlimited potential."

Ridley Akiyama was born, as she will die, on a Monday. Not just any Monday, either -- the 24th of December, no less -- in a hospital on East 98th and East 103rd Street in Harlem, Manhattan, New York City, via Caesarian Section. Technically, she never should have been born, even before the delivery itself, but a series of events kicked off 5 years beforehand sealed Ridley's - and a few other unsuspecting citizens' - fates. Regardless, she considers those events unimportant, as she doesn't feel like her biological family was 'family' enough to her. She hath no ties that bind, chainless she.

The only thing she remembers firsthand from her childhood is the feeling of disconnect from this world. She must have had a childhood, though, since her mother was alive and there to tell her of the life she was dragged through. Her own story through the eyes of another, her childhood must be, by all accounts, taken with a grain of salt.

Ridley is told she was a gifted child, excelling in things such as mathematics, logic, speech, music and dancing, always revelling in the spotlight. Some thought she'd make a brilliant actress. She never found out for herself.

At age 15, she underwent a traumatic event which is still being kept from her to this day. She lost all of her memories -- a total amnesiac case -- everything but her motor skills disappeared into the sea, yet to be recovered. The event itself is a mystery that Ridley has tried to investigate multiple times, but she's never gotten far. The only evidence it even happened is the scar on her face. Her mother refused to discuss the event with her, and she didn't learn of her amnesia until much later.

Nevertheless, Ridley grew into a beautiful young woman, with a reinvigorated interest in helping others as a good Samaritan. This, of course, only masked her true feelings -- that without other people to act as mirrors to show her reflection, she was no one. Nowhere she went did she feel like she was "home". Due to her mother's occupation, she was always displaced, from New York to Virginia, to California, to Texas - a few months spent in Alaska, too - nowhere was she welcome.

That is, until she discovered an exchange student program, advertising a school life nowhere else but the Special Administrative Area of Karakura, within the Tokyo prefecture, Japan.

She set out right away.

Part I: The Lovers (or, "The First Sin")
"The couple stands in a beautiful, fertile landscape, reminiscent of the Garden of Eden. Behind the woman stands a tall apple tree, with a snake winding its way up the trunk."

Ridley enrolled in the local college, most often frequenting Criminology classes of Conrad Lunge, a former BKA detective, whom she admired for his teaching and investigation skills - not so much for his drinking.

Soon, she became involved in the lives of two lovers - Juno McConaughey and Ezequiel Kurono. The two high schoolers often got into trouble with the local gangs, constantly mugged, at which point, as if an actress on cue, Ridley showed up and talked the gangs down, usually by waving money in their faces. This built up a debt in Ridley's mind - one that the two lovers had to pay.

Ridley visited a psychiatrist to see what was wrong with her. Doctor Hamasaki diagnosed Ridley with PTSD, which came as quite a shock to her. Now, with all the cards on the table, Ridley was ready for the lovers to pay her back.

One lovely morning, Ridley showed up at the lovers' door, asking for them to kill her.

Unfortunately, they didn't. More people would die soon because of her. But, the encounter established two important things: for one, Ridley's wish is to die, and two, Ridley isn't weak enough to take her own life.

Soon after this summit, the lovers left Ridley's life, and she was left all alone again.

Part 2: The Devil (or, "The Midnight Channel and a Reprise")
"They appear to be held here against their will – but look closer, and you will notice that the chains around their necks are loose and could be easily removed."

The period of time meant to be used for self-reflection quickly ended as Akiyama moved into an apartment with two high schoolers: Percival 'Goya' Niiyama and Iki Saitō. Saitō was a runaway and Goya was an accomplice, and Ridley sensed that they were weak. Soon, she began manipulating them, preying on Goya's empathy and Iki's need to be loved. Ridley presented herself as a weak girl who unfortunately made some mistakes in her past... they quickly grew fond of Ridley and began seeing her as a confidant.

One night, however, Goya and Iki murdered Percival's father in cold blood.

They hid his body in a barrel, but one day, as they were re-examining it, they found that... it was gone.

Ridley had taken care of it.

At this point, Ridley became an accomplice to the murder, and she constantly held this over the dynamic duo's heads. Eventually, Akiyama, Saitō and Niiyama agreed to found a company based around finding solutions to people's problems, a freelancer (or, rather, mercenary) corporation: The Kabuki Corporation. This was also during the time that Fight Club was shifting from a legal operation to an illegal one, from Herrington to 'DRIVER'. The departure of the previous referee (which Akiyama herself

As hours turned to days, days turned to weeks, there were no clients in need of Kabuki's services. That is, until one day, Ridley called a meeting and briefing, explaining Operation Midnight Channel.
The son of a famous stockbroker had been kidnapped, and Akiyama was given a tip that he may be being used for entertainment. An unauthorised TV broadcast channel showed videos of Karakuran teenagers being executed with smiles on their faces. The Kabuki Corporation was now on a deadline - find and save the stockbroker's son before he would be murdered.

Saitō and Niiyama did an excellent job during the investigation, making contact with "MAYONAKA-CHANNEL-ADMIN" on Ikigai, a supposed 'fan' of the channel. They arranged a meeting, and he shared a video tape featuring the execution of the target with them. Ridley called the mission a failure, and that they still got paid.

Saitō and Niiyama, however, were not satisfied with the results of the investigation. They kept digging. An important clue they found was uncensored audio of the broadcast, one in which a faint piano sound could be heard. This led them to a closer examination of their own partner's room. They discovered a secret entrance in the walk-in closet: the studio of The Midnight Channel.

They confronted Akiyama about this, Ridley nonchalantly revealing that everyone who was featured on the channel wanted to die, that they felt complete and utter nihilism toward the world which brought upon a hellhole like Karakura.

"Nothing matters," Ridley said. And to prove that she meant it, she let Iki stab her in the chest.
This stab was never treated professionally, and it still sometimes hurts Ridley to this day.

Following this encounter, however, Ridley swore she would never be this kind of animal again. To the sound of Nocturne L. 82 by Claude Debussy, the trio reunited.

PART III: Death (or, "Angel of Love")
"Death is about endings and beginnings, birth and rebirth, change and transformation. There is beauty in death, and it is an inherent part of being alive."

After The Midnight Channel Incident, Ridley became much more aware of how much she cared for the dynamic duo of Iki and Percival. For them, she began seeing a psychiatrist, for them, she began taking medicine. Unfortunately, a side effect of the pills she was taking was that things felt much, much hazier and lighter as if walking in a neverending fog. During this time, she met the current Attorney General, Goemon Asōgi for the first time, and they quite hit it off, bonding over their shared interest in justice (from different angles, however).

It wasn't long until Iki and Percival slowly started distancing themselves from the woman who hurt them. They met Nathaniel Blackwell and his fiancée, Himawari Heddo, with Ridley being invited to a special show of Cirque du Freak, Blackwell's pet project. While Ridley's grim channel was meant to free people from pain, the circus inflicted more. To show off her manipulation and showmanship skill to the ringmaster, Iki re-enacted the killing of Katushira Niiyama, Goya's father, with the assistance of an actor - Goya portraying himself. He began choking Iki in a fit of rage, at which point Ridley began pleading for the show to end - she was denied and forced to sit down. This time, she was the one taking orders. Iki got out alive, thankfully, and was accepted into the Cirque du Freak...

Ridley soon found out that a lawyer was present at an earlier show - none other than Goemon Asōgi. He vowed to take down Nathaniel Blackwell, Goya and Iki along with them, but... somehow, it all worked out in the end. Ridley came out the other end clean as a whistle.

Around this time, Ridley also became more aware of her position within The Black Market, a poor sod who only lucked herself into being an associate thanks to being in an administrative position. According to some people, she had no advantage over the rest of the associates, all hardened criminals with backgrounds in gangs, the military, or the like.

In the end, Nathaniel Blackwell played matchmaker and got Iki and Goya together. The lovebirds disappeared before Ridley's eyes, along with Blackwell, and she was left all alone once more. Ridley was forced to move out of the grand apartment the three lived in, but not before painting something on the wall of her former room:

"Someday, I will return to your side."

PART IV: The Moon (or, "A Phantom Pain")
"Waite writes that the Moon card carries several divinatory associations:
18. THE MOON -- Hidden enemies, danger, calumny, darkness, terror, deception, occult forces, error."

Finally, we arrive at the current state of matters.

Ridley Akiyama, born, as she will die, on a Monday, moved into a cramped apartment with her last companion - Behemoth, a fat black cat that the trio adopted before they broke up. The apartment, although located in the new business district, is a far cry from the luxury she enjoyed previously. Due to visions, she leaves the old-timey television in her apartment unplugged, she sleeps on a small bed in a room cluttered with things like a piano, a large closet and a desk. All of this formerly fit into her room - not anymore. Yet, Akiyama attempts to make do with what she's got. Every single thing reminds her of the people she's lost. Sometimes, she still feels like they're still there - a phantom pain haunting her.

She encounters Hibiki Asōgi, the Attorney General's sister. She soon finds out that she used to be a yakuza pawn, but instead of blackmailing her, she simply invites her to live with Ridley. Hibiki, a people-reading expert, attempts to read into what she means by this. She concludes that, yes - Ridley did terrible things, but she truly regrets them now. She is no longer playing the fool, she is playing for real. The two became roommates and friends.

Emboldened by her healing process, Ridley begins to question the authority of her superiors, The Black Market Dealers. She becomes more sceptical and even calls out some dealers on their childishness and philosophies.

One morning, after a successful opening, Ridley runs into Nathaniel Blackwell once more. He tells her that he's back in town. That he's married.

In another opening, Ridley sees Goya in the crowd. She contacts him, they meet up at the cinema. She finds out that Blackwell is likely planning on manipulating Percival once more...

No, Ridley declares - the pain ends with them. She weeps upon Goya's shoulder as the lights rise in the theatre.

Her old wound reopens.

She will find a way to do so, or perish trying. And she's got a few ideas already...

(Note: Major Arcana Card Art sourced from Biddytarot.com)

Describe an interaction that your character may have as a black market dealer:
We're located at a discreet point in the sewers, one of the many empty or abandoned rooms. It's like a cemetery of forgotten homes, the other side of Karakura's coin.

'SHIZUKA' is standing in the middle of the room, taking in the atmosphere. Over her head, she has headphones, plugged into a Sony Walkman. In the player, there is a cassette, titled "Movin' Out". She is listening to David Bowie's "Life On Mars". She's lived this film ten times or more by now.

By the entrance to the room stands an associate. Shizuka is well aware of the dangers of meeting up with clients - I reiterate, she has been in similar situations before, as an associate. She's never been the target, though. Not yet, at least.

The client enters the room. Shizuka's assistant first pats him down, then lets him proceed closer to the dealer. She scans him - a salaryman, no older than 35, all dressed up.

"O-o-okay," stammers out the client, "So, you're- you're the guy, right? The... you know." He brings his voice down to a hush. "One of the killers..."

Shizuka simply tilts her head to the side, not answering.

"Don't ask questions - give the information, the money, and leave." says the associate.

"Right, r-r-r-right..." The man opens his suit and conjures a series of Polaroid photograph prints of a young girl. She has blonde hair, amber eyes. She looks... normal. His daughter, maybe, Shizuka thinks. Or, a loose end.

"W-w-well? Will y-you be able to d-do-do it?"

Shizuka looks up from the photographs. She brings up her hand (the man winces in fear) and rubs the inside of her thumb against her other fingers.

"The money, sir." says the associate. They've worked with the dealer enough by now to understand some of her gestures.

The salaryman coughs up the necessary funds, places them on the ground, and steps away. Shizuka does the opposite: she steps forward, picks them up, and begins counting. Her brown eyes glaze over every bill. Once done with all of them, Shizuka returns her gaze to the man and nods.

He quickly scampers away, the little bitch.

Shizuka gives her associate a thumbs up. From the money, she counts out their payment, hands it over, then gestures for the associate to leave.

Describe any other additional information that is notable in considering your character for the role of a black market dealer:
Ridley (and by extension, me) tends to get lost in the sewers, which could make her a less likely candidate for the role of dealer. However, I do think that it's just a matter of practice before I (and by extension, Ridley) learn the ropes and am capable of traversing the underground with ease.

Thanks for considering my application! :]

Last edited:

Hirathex

Level 252
Senior Admin
Black Market Lead
Police Lead
Hirathex
Hirathex
Omega+
ACCEPTED

Thank you for applying, I've decided to accept your application, you'll receive your roles on Discord shortly to begin setting things up.​

Users who are viewing this thread