scenegrl
Notable
SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY APPLICATION
───────────────────────────────────────
Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IN-GAME NAME (IGN):
BlackfireRP

DISCORD NAME & TAG: star.girl.x

WHAT IS YOUR TIMEZONE?: British Timezone GMT.

DO YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE?: I do have a microphone, yes.

DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER: I tend to be very active on the server, as i'd put my activity at around a 8-9 as of current moments. Even in scchool times, i tend to still be quite active.

WHAT POSITION ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?: I am applying for the position of a Shrine Maiden.

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED/WILLING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RELIGION?: I know a few bits and pieces, such as the gods are named Kami's, and that you are to bow at the left side of a Torii Gate once you walk through it. I am more than willing to learn about Shintoism, infact i'd find it entertaining to do so.

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?: I think what makes me stand out for this role could be my character's curiosity to everything around her, always wanting to learn more about certain things and also figuring things out for herself. She admires how calm and peaceful the Shrine Workers tend to be, and she aspires to be just like them at some point in her life. I will also try my best outside of trainings, to learn about the Shintoism, so I can try to understand much more during training and outside of training.

DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU WILL HAVE TO ATTEND MANDATORY TRAININGS TO BE TAUGHT MORE ABOUT SHINTOISM AND THE ACCORDING PROCEDURES?: I acknowledge that I will have to attend mandatory trainings to both learn about Shintoism and the According Procedures that come with being a Shrine Worker.
In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: Character Details

CHARACTERS FULL NAME:
Kylie Misono

CHARACTERS TITLE (E.g. Mr. Mrs. Miss): Miss

CHARACTERS AGE (E.g. 21-80): 24 years old.

CHARACTERS MARITAL STATUS: Unmarried.

CHARACTERS NATIONALITY: Afro-Asian, originally came from Korea.

CHARACTERS PHONE-NUMBER: 030-170-2393

WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION FOR APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?: My motivation for applying to work at the monastery is to try something new, but to also turn my life around for the better. I would like to live a pure, fulfilling life with something to believe in, such as a Kami, or many Kami's. Personally, I find the fact of a spirit's existence to be fascinating, let alone seeing a Kami in-front of myself. That, would be a wish of mine to come true, to meet something or someone of a higher power, but to also believe and worship them too.

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY: I know that the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery is located on a mountain, in Karakura Forest, and has been there for many years. I also know of the Folklore behind the Monastery, and it brings me great interest. Being able to read folklore, and the possibility of it being indeed true, fascinates me to a point I can not even begin to explain properly.

WRITE A LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD : Kind greetings, I would like to inquire you about a few things that are required to become a Maiden in Shinsei Seinaru Monastery, and that I'd be more than willing to learn about Shintoism a lot more than I know now. Shintoism is a religion that I have wanted to practice for a long while now, but I have never gotten around to it. So I pondered my thoughts for a while, and led myself here. I'd like to ensure you that if I am indeed accepted, I will try my utmost to give it my all and to not disappoint what-so-ever. Kind Regards, and sincerities, Kylie Misono.

BACKSTORY (100+ Words): Kylie grew up in Korea with two racially different parents, one being Korean and the other being African. Due to the differences between them, the family and Kylie was looked down upon in a Hanok Village by the name of Eunpyong. After all the hatred and rumours had sparked a flame, the family had no choice but flee from Korea and find themselves in Shibuya, Japan. There, is where Kylie grew up.

Until, in due time, her parents who were worshipping a Kami had gotten into a tragic scandal, where many hostages were held inside of a temple. Sadly, both of her parents, did not happen to make it out alive, leaving Kylie on the streets alone at just the measly age of 15. Due to Kylie not coping with her deceased parents deaths, she'd try to escape the place where all of the hurt and sorrow was once caused. That, is where she stumbled upon Karakura, a seemingly decent place from the first look, but when delved deeper into, there was a lot more than originally meets the eye.

Sadly, Kylie did not know any better, and settled in Karakura unbeknown to the crimes that happened around her. As Kylie grew, so did her knowledge and her body, finding herself at the solid age of 18. Now, Kylie dreamt of becoming a Shrine Maiden, wanting to fulfil her parents dreams and wishes, doing something they never got the chance to. That is when she'd bump into Edith and Alessia Misono, who'd lovingly take her in as an adoptive sibling, which she found peace of mind in for once in her life.

SECTION 2: Self-Knowledge Details

What duties do Shinto Priests and Maidens have?:
To preach Shintoism to anyone who is willing to invest into the religion, and to also fend/ward off malevolent spirits with intent to cause people and other spirits harm. For Example: Jeff Woods when he was around at the time, he was seen as a malevolent spirit who had violent outbursts, although eventually being sealed away by one of the Priests or Maidens.

What are the steps needed to be taken at the purification trough before entering the Shrine?: You are to wash your hands, and if you have gloves on, to take the gloves off and still wash your hands. It is a way of cleaning away any negative energy before going into the Shrine, and it is seen as a polite and respectful thing to do.

How are offerings to a Kami performed?: Shinsen. They are performed by handing food or drink to the Kami before you and bowing, a way of showing your respect for the Kami after handing the offering to the Kami. For Example: Offering a Kami some Sake in a bowl or in general, depending on the Kami's form. Sake is seen and viewed as a pure substance, as is White Rice and many other things. Therefore, it is seen as a kind offering towards them.

How do you perform a tea ceremony ritual?: Not including the Invitation part, you are to prepare the ceremony room, readying it for your guests to stay in, and to prepare your tools with a cloth and water, purifying them for the guests (Including the Purification and Preparation into one.), To recieve said guests, offering them sweets as a sign of gratitude. To then use the tools to prepare either thick or thin Matcha Tea, depending on the occasion and whatever it may require, before serving either or to the guests. Then, you shall clean the tools in the same way as before once again, showing them to the guests after doing so. Then, comes the dismissal. You are then to dismiss each guest after the Tea Ceremony with respect and courtesy, thanking them for staying and wishing them on their way.

Explain what a Tamagushi, Ofuda and Kagura Suzu is and what they're used for:

Tamagushi:
Tamagushi is a type of Shinto offering, made from a Sakaki-Tree branch which is then to be decorated with either silk, washi paper or cotton. They are used as a Shinto offering, as stated previously. And it is usually used during Ceremonies at shrines.

Ofuda: An Ofuda is a talisman normally used for protection and safety within the home, and is usually made out of Paper, Wood, Cloth or Metal. Although it's most common form is as a slip of paper or an amulet.

Kagura Suzu: A Kagura Suzu is a type of bells used for Kagura Dance. Their main purpose is for the Kagura Ritual Dance, but it can also be used for Ceremonial events that may include Kagura.

(OPTIONAL) Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship?: My character would most likely worship Kitsu, the nine-tailed Kami.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread