Not open for further replies.

Rebel

Level 53
IGN:
GhostlyRebel

DATE:
Saturday, December 5th, 2021

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
My suggestion is regarding blacklists. At times, people come face-to-face with being blacklisted from applying from certain things (most commonly GangRP seemingly); My idea when it comes to this would follow as a solution to the point that after one has been blacklisted from (faction) it becomes more like a permanent ban as these are basically more like you are banned from applying for a certain thing on the server. The idea is having a set time limit from when you get blacklisted from the initial thing, changing based on what you did and why. For example, the minimum you could wait is between 8 months to a full year then you could have a chance of attempting to appeal the blacklist. If the person for some reason got blacklisted due to maybe poor applications, rule breaking or something like that and if they have proven with a minimum of one full year that they have changed it could give another chance for the individual.

This section will be private like the staff application section and the player report section to avoid anyone from seeing it. Only a few people would have access to the appeals in this section including; The Senior Admins, Owners, and the person that is mentioned with the @ in the appeal + the person appealing. Only the person that is mentioned which is the person that would be in charge of the appeal would be allowed to reply to the blacklist. If the blacklist is via discord you would have to find out the @ of the person to ensure you have the correct person.

I am fully aware this suggestion may be a bit on the nose but it would also give a new sense to people applying for things on the server. However, this would only be for people after a year of being blacklisted to get the chance to appeal unless said otherwise by the person who set the blacklist and they must have proven that they have changed for the better and they have to acknowledge that if they got un-blacklisted from applying for something but they still have not shown any changes, the blacklist could be added back into play and possibly make the blacklist unappealable. The individual would only be given one or two more chances upon being unblacklisted and if they exceed two chances of it they could be re-blacklisted and placed under unappealable.

The few factors deciding in accepting is, did the person change for the better, do they deserve a second chance, would allowing this person to be un-blacklisted from something be beneficial for the server, do they have any major rule breakings in the past year, and that the person waited their full year before posting the appeal for the blacklist also would like to add if the person is perm blacklisted they would be eligible to attempt to appeal it. The idea is a person can change for the better. I've seen it happen multiple times before and once a year has passed or more they can attempt to appeal using a format, but both parties must feel like the person attempting to appeal has changed for the better: both the person in charge of it and the person attempting to appeal the blacklist, below will be the format.

With Date Of Blacklist it would be the date that wherever the blacklist came from and was replied to at the same time. For example, if you were blacklisted from School Employee on June 24th, 2020 you would be able to attempt to appeal the blacklist next year on June 24th, 2021. The individual attempting to appeal the blacklist must also explain how they’ve changed and the person in charge of it would look over what they have done with help from staff if needed if they are not staff to see how they changed.Also with the forum section of this might be hard to add this section of the forums but actually might be worth it to add this to the server.

Username:

Who blacklisted you (@Example):

Why were you blacklisted, if known:

What were you blacklisted from?:

Date of blacklist:

Why should you be unblacklisted:

I am open for suggestions regarding this so any points or notes you might have are welcome to help improve this suggestion. This is also just a suggestion for staff that reads this; if this is implemented into the server - this can be changed around, it does not need to be exactly the same as what I have written here like the forum section of this topic being private does not need to be like that it was only a suggestion along with everything else here. Some of you may think I am making this for only myself which is false this was just an idea that popped into my head for the community that actually has been with me for a while but never posted it.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
This could benefit the server/community as it would give a sense of new applicants for certain topics they might be looking forward to applying for. It could also give a sense of new change for the individuals that have already been blacklisted. Many have been blacklisted from things like GangRP (just as a general example for this topic) and other things like that. Sometimes if the person has changed they never get a second chance. I believe everyone deserves a second chance and if they still have not changed for the better even after the second chance, then well it becomes a real issue making that the point of no return. It also also benefits the server/community better due to the reasoning that if you have limited options for applying, it can become quite boring for the person as they have been blacklisted from things when they might want to fix their mistakes. There are many jobs yet the community gets smaller and smaller when it comes to people applying for things as they may be blacklisted from things as it gets quite boring for the people as well while the majority of the player base are actually students on the server, which is not a bad thing but some of them most likely have been blacklisted from things and cant really do much besides roleplay as a student. Especially when majority of them also have multiple accounts and having between two or three accounts as students that are just normal students that are not student council or on a sports team leading to the result being rather boring from the amount of restriction..

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
We don't blacklist players from applications / roleplay without multiple warnings, or a serious offence being committed. Majority of the time these are temporary and lead up to a permanent blacklist, this decision is left to the faction lead / coordinator to decide, however an appeal system for this isn't necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread