players online

Accepted BoyRP's Janitor Application

Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft Username?:
BoyRP​

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
Yes, I do! And it's Elon Mosk#0002

Have you ever been banned (If yes when and why?):
I've been banned once (Just a couple of hours 3-4). This was because of glitching but was years ago, originally joined SRP in 2016. I've learned to not do anything like that ever again.

What is your timezone?:
PST

Describe your activity on the server:
I am very active on SRP as a whole. Myself getting on the server just about daily for several hours. I have two accounts that I switch from time to time for a different RP experience. I am also quite active on the Forums. Browsing them to see what's going on in the community or just check on an application of mine.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes, I understand this and agree that it is fair.

School Employee Role you are applying for?:
School Janitor

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for:
As the school janitor, it will be my job to keep buildings clean and in good condition. Ready to perform any heavy cleaning jobs if needed. Going around the school cleaning up rubbish, trying to keep the campus as clean as I can. But also go around, talking to students and fellow staff members, trying to keep the schools' environment friendly and well. And if needed help calm down any heated situations/fights between students during any schoolday.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I have plenty of experience in Roleplaying, especially on this server, I joined in 2016. While here on SRP for 4 years, I have gotten a great understanding of the roleplay roles, terms, and features. I’ve done more than enough of Roleplaying as a Highschool student. And done some as a College student. I’ve seen and studied how both Teachers and Professors go through with their role plays both on-campus/during class and outside of it.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

https://schoolrp.net/threads/missingname0s-spanish-application.28177/ (ACCEPTED)

https://schoolrp.net/threads/missingname0s-college-application.28234/ (ACCEPTED)

https://schoolrp.net/threads/accepted-missingname0s-college-prof-app.30550/ (ACCEPTED)

Situations

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?:
At first, I would respectfully tell the student(s) to quit using such language. Saying they shouldn't be acting how they are currently, to also be on best behavior. Also informing them,f the situation gets worse, I will then try to find a senior member of staff who can assist in this situation.

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:
I would quickly run over to the students fighting in the hallway. Getting in between the two, trying to calm them down so I can talk to them. Firstly reminding them of the sanctions/punishments that they can get from fighting each other. And if the situation is calmed down, I will walk both students to the nurse's office so they can get fixed up. But in the case that things do get more heated. I will also inform this matter to the principal/vice principal, and even get a counselor/councillor involved if need be.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?:
In the first scenario of a fellow school employee doing something very dangerous on the job, I would quickly run over to them. Trying to help them, if needed, or just tell them to quit whatever they are doing at the moment. Since even if it is part of their job to do something like that, they shouldn't risk harming themselves badly. In the other scenario of a fellow employee acting out of order. I would quickly tell them to quit with that behavior. To start acting their age, they are after all a role model to the many students here at Karakura so they should know to be better. And if they continue, or I catch them acting out of order again on a later date, I would notify higher-ups about how they are on the job.

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?
While at the employee break room, my character would act around the same. Relaxing himself a bit for the short amount of time he has on his break from working. Talking to fellow employees about how their day is going so far. Making himself a cup or two of coffee to keep him going for the rest of the day.

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:

/me The male would firmly grasp the mop with both hands dipping the mop into the water bucket right next to him. After a few seconds on it in the water, he would begin to clean the gym's floors. Trying his best to clean any tough spots.

/me He’d get between the two males, separating them. Trying to calm them both down.

/me He would pick out a pair of latex-free gloves from his bag, putting them on zipping up the bag placing it to the side. He would grab a Windex bottle and a small towel, spraying some Windex onto the towel. Before starting to clean up the classroom windows in a circular motion whissing a song quietly to himself.

In-Character Section

Full Name:
James Cortez Shimasu

Age (Minimum age is 25):

Title (Mr,Mrs,Miss):
Mr

Academic Degree:
Bachelor in ****yzing Literature

Year of Graduation:

Major(s):
Literary Studies

Minors:
Education, Linguistics

Backstory:
James Cortez Shimasu was born in a mostly Hispanic neighborhood in California. His family always pushed James to do the best in school from a young age. Making sure that he'll go to college when he's older. After High-School, James moved to Japan and the City of Karakura. Where he went to get a better education. At first, didn't think of himself as a future Professor but after a while of thinking and assisting the professors. He started to get the thought that maybe he could become one. He enjoyed English so started to think about what classes to switch to. And decided to get his bachelor's in ****yzing Literature.

While growing up, his family didn't move much. He was around the same place for most of his early life. By the time he was in Middle school, he had memorized the whole place. He had thought that he would always live in the same location. But while in High school he started to realize it probably wasn’t what we would want for his future life. Since the location was full of violence and higher up education options weren’t as good as he would have liked. Had always had respect for teachers and school employees in general. Even would help out teachers with class sometimes. He felt bad about leaving his parents and friends but knew it was for a better future not only for him but for his future wife and children.

He felt off about Karakura at the beginning but quickly started to be happy in the city. It was what he wanted and needed. The city introduced him to all types of people. Making his most cherished memories there. And would start thinking of becoming a professor. So when he started to attend college, he majored and minored in subjects that would prepare him to become the professor he wanted to be in the future. He graduated with a Bachelors's in ****yzing Literature. Majoring in Literary Studies, with his minoring being in Education and Linguistics. He was beyond excited to become a Professor but had a sense of nervousness. But was willing to take on any challenge that would come with being a College Professor.

After being on for a good while he decided to quit being one. Saying goodbye to his fellow co-workers and everyone who had helped him. He stayed around the city for a while before suddenly leaving. Some could say it was because of the divorce between his wife. But he likes to say he left because he just needed a ‘break’ from the city really. And to also think about what was going on in his life.
He would come over and visit a few friends & family every now and then but never stayed for much longer. Years later he decided to fully come back to Karakura, for a while not thinking he would want to get a job again at the School here. But he thought back to when he planned on becoming a School Janitor years back right before he went through with applying to become a College Professor. And now that he's back he thought to himself, “Hey! Why not try being a Janitor. Doesn’t seem to be hard work, the pay is good, and the fellow staff at the School seem to be helpful and nice as they were years back.”

Motivation for Joining KHS:
I have worked in the KHS before, and from that experience, I can for certain say it was a great time. The people I worked with were great. Willing to help each other if needed. I was a Professor before so I know how helpful & friendly staff can be. And I am quite excited to meet my new co-workers here at Karakura. Planning to have a good time being a School Janitor, doing myself to not only keep the School Building in shape. But the environment in general in shape, helping fellow staff and students with any issues they may have.

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"):
N/A

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:
I believe that I should be accepted over other applicants because I dedicate myself to anything I enjoy or feel I could do good at. I enjoy the feeling of helping others; from small problems to bigger ones. I know that becoming the school's janitor will allow me to help the community and the alma mater that I care for. I will be around the campus, keeping it in the best shape as an active member of the school staff. I also help others by talking to students and seeing if I can help them with anything. This would not only help establish social connections, it would also benefit further the roleplaying aspect of the server. My sense of helpfulness and socialness towards people would help me perform my job to the fullest, which in turn will be toward the better development of Karakura High School.​

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
Congratulations! You have been accepted for the position of Janitor at Karakura High School.

After carefully reading through your application, I have concluded that your application is up to par with the standards expected when reviewing School Employee applications. There are just a few steps left to obtain your role(s):

- Ensure that you’re in the Karakura Academics Discord.
- DM me via Discord to get your roles and permissions setup: @KimiNoUso#9999.​

Users who are viewing this thread