mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Bring back rolling for Initiative.

DisgracedAngel

Level 18
DisgracedEarth
DisgracedEarth
Omega+
Would it not be more effective if i made people aware of it here. Also with a possibility that staff could announce it somewhere. Rather than doing it 1 situation at a time and getting accused of stalling for calling out a rule.
Make them aware of it by telling them in looc.. suggestions are to suggest things not tell people if you really have a problem with people doing it just let them know in a friendly way in looc instead of through a suggestion.

SIMPL3Z

Level 102
Community Team
Lore Team
Would it not be more effective if i made people aware of it here. Also with a possibility that staff could announce it somewhere. Rather than doing it 1 situation at a time and getting accused of stalling for calling out a rule.

So then why not suggest an announcement? Neither do I think that is needed either way.

What's the harm in setting an example? That other people don't follow the rules doesn't mean you don't have to either. Meaning, since you desire to roll for the initiative to 'come back' - why don't you correct and report players on it yourself first?

Sure making a huge essentially pointless announcement besides spreading awareness which could have been done the previous months by reporting players and correcting them yourself can be beneficial now, but I think I already said it in this sentence: It could have been completely avoided if players read the rules, and corrected each other on it and reported it to staff.

There is no harm in being a trendsetter and being a good example.
If you're afraid of being called a mini-mod or whatever for correct people who don't follow the rules, the embarrassment should lie with them, not you.

layzah

Level 45
layzah
layzah
Omega+
Like simplez said, rolling for initiative is already a thing, but no GangRPer does it, why? I don't know, they just dont like to abide by rules frequently lol.

I've tried to enforce rolling for initiative when I was a co-lead for Valhalla, but they never did it. It's confusing as to why because it makes the situation way less messy.

But anyways, I don't really need to put a +1 or a -1 on this, because its already here. If someone ignores or refuses to roll for initiative first, then make a /help ticket to get staff at the situation.

layzah

Level 45
layzah
layzah
Omega+
So then why not suggest an announcement? Neither do I think that is needed either way.

What's the harm in setting an example? That other people don't follow the rules doesn't mean you don't have to either. Meaning, since you desire to roll for the initiative to 'come back' - why don't you correct and report players on it yourself first?

Sure making a huge essentially pointless announcement besides spreading awareness which could have been done the previous months by reporting players and correcting them yourself can be beneficial now, but I think I already said it in this sentence: It could have been completely avoided if players read the rules, and corrected each other on it and reported it to staff.

There is no harm in being a trendsetter and being a good example.
If you're afraid of being called a mini-mod or whatever for correct people who don't follow the rules, the embarrassment should lie with them, not you.
the temptation to say the mayor of yappsvile has arrived is wild..

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
I think the confusion here comes with this rule
6.3b One of two exceptions to the rule above is if the fight is 1v1, meaning one player versus one other player, where the “element of surprise” still exists and no rolling prior to starting the fight is necessary.

In the situation we had at hand before, it was a 1v1 in terms of ranged Combat, as there was nobody else to assist you. If you are suggesting removing this section of the rule, I'd be down for it as long as it gets rid of the copy-paste / keybind issues. It'd also make it less stressful for KPD as they wouldn't have to be as alert when people run at them with nothing in their hands and take a split of a second to act out their action (thus giving them a fairer chance at reacting)

Zaropz

Level 8
What's your Minecraft Username?: Chunk05
What's the title of your suggestion?: Bring back rolling for Initiative.

What's your suggestion?:
My suggestion is that now the rule change has brought the change so that gangrpers cannot pre-type or keybind actions ahead of time. We bring back rolling for initiative to make fighting in general more organised and fair.

As of current, gangrp has been really unorganised especially when it comes to fighting in large groups or with the KPD. Since we can no longer pre-type our actions ahead of time, this means that when we run up to a police officer we have to type out a whole action. Roll for it. But the action cannot be simple like (/me hits the officers over the head) it has to be detailed.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
In the time it takes average people to type out a detailed action. The cop just backs away and tases you, so i suggest the following. Bring back Rolling for initiative to counter that time. That way we can run up to the person we are fighting and press a roll keybind. (Which is allowed) to decide what order we action in. This will also benefit combatrp as a whole considering a lot of people get mixed up about the order of actioning. If everyone rolled for initiative then this wouldn't be an issue as the order would be clear.

Plus Jeremylobo agrees
+1 I totally agree with is and staff and the people do t enforce it so yeah that sucks

robinzee

Level 25
robinzee
robinzee
Rich
I agree with the suggestion -- in so far as that people should be more aware of initiative and how it works. However, suggestions are not the greatest place to "promote" problems, as suggestions in this forum should be directed at the staff team, in my opinion. As has been said above me, there could be a reminder broadcast about the initiative mechanic.

Miamorchito

Level 22
Miamorchito
Miamorchito
Omega+
This has always been a thing, no?
I WAS GONNA SAY THE SAME LOL. I had said that way too many times with people I fight with, but it just seems more of a "whoever types faster starts" deal. I mean, it's not bad if they KEEP the order once we start.
Anyways, I'm behind Simpl3z here. I think he just said what I was about to say.

kustomzero

Level 132
circusjax
circusjax
Omega
Rolling was always the initiative plus rolling is the default way of doing actions unless both parties agree on p2l

Mo!

Level 14
Helper
sunsetskies_
sunsetskies_
Omega+
I don't usually comment on suggestions; thus this already being a rule and some people do it while others don't. I personally enjoy rolling to see who goes first as it makes it fun and fair chance.
With KPD, we are trained to act on situations, if you are out of range and you run up to us with a weapon, we automatically have the right to tase as our lives are in danger within that said moment; however, if you ask beforehand that you want to do a proper combat situation, let us know. We are always up for it because we enjoy it (Well, I like to think some of the KPD do, I do that's for sure) - Thus i always roll 20 to with the person im doing hand to hand combat with to see who goes first. It's not a major rule people obey by, but it's a rule that is often skipped over.

Like Infi said, If you see KPD using keybinds (Which we are not allowed to do, we have to do a semi-long action to tase or to pat down etc) then report it to Hira or any other staff member!

Keep in mind, when it comes to 1v1, we do not roll for it. It is a one verus one situation, but if there is MORE than one person, roll for it. There is no logical means to do it for a 1v1 situation

Popo

Level 36
DarkxWalker
DarkxWalker
Notable
I don't usually comment on suggestions; thus this already being a rule and some people do it while others don't. I personally enjoy rolling to see who goes first as it makes it fun and fair chance.
With KPD, we are trained to act on situations, if you are out of range and you run up to us with a weapon, we automatically have the right to tase as our lives are in danger within that said moment; however, if you ask beforehand that you want to do a proper combat situation, let us know. We are always up for it because we enjoy it (Well, I like to think some of the KPD do, I do that's for sure) - Thus i always roll 20 to with the person im doing hand to hand combat with to see who goes first. It's not a major rule people obey by, but it's a rule that is often skipped over.

Like Infi said, If you see KPD using keybinds (Which we are not allowed to do, we have to do a semi-long action to tase or to pat down etc) then report it to Hira or any other staff member!

Keep in mind, when it comes to 1v1, we do not roll for it. It is a one verus one situation, but if there is MORE than one person, roll for it. There is no logical means to do it for a 1v1 situation
Support this response one hundred percent. KPD players are always willing to roleplay things accordingly— especially in P2L occasions. Maybe all you have to do as a crime roleplayer is ask!

+1 to Mo's response. On another note, rolling for initiative already exists. It feels like a ghosted and dull rule due to the fact that no one knows it actually exists. If we want a change to rid ourselves of the ‘element of surprise’, then make rolling for initiative for a one versus one fight probable as well.

Ecocide

Level 51
3Eco
3Eco
Omega+
In the situation we had at hand before, it was a 1v1 in terms of ranged Combat, as there was nobody else to assist you. If you are suggesting removing this section of the rule, I'd be down for it as long as it gets rid of the copy-paste / keybind issues. It'd also make it less stressful for KPD as they wouldn't have to be as alert when people run at them with nothing in their hands and take a split of a second to act out their action (thus giving them a fairer chance at reacting)
+1
I agree with what yonio brought up, rule 6.3b makes the role for initiative thing really confusing. If everyones chill removing that "im gonna run up to this person, ctrl + v and whip my weapon out to surprise them" kind of roleplay then im so for changing this rule to better fit the newer gangrp rules where everyone must type semi longer actions.

Users who are viewing this thread