mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Bring back the pwp perms that were just taken.

NotSp4des

Level 5
What's your Minecraft Username?: NotSp4des
What's the title of your suggestion?: Bring back the pwp perms that were just taken.

What's your suggestion?:
The reason why I'm bringing this up is cause powerplant used to be somewhere you would go to seek danger, or have fun and be at risk to possibly lose something. With the rules being changed and you now have to start a fight like you would in school, or around the town. It simply just makes it where powerplant has no meaning, besides getting searched every time you are in there. Where I'm coming from is i shouldn't be going to a danger zone, and then do then same thing i would do outside of it to gain minors/mug perms. All I'm suggesting is that this rule should be flipped back, everyone should know if you go into powerplant something might or will happen to your character. We should still be able to go in, and ask for 5k, or for someone mask, or weapon. I shouldn't have to go through talking crap, then shoving or physically touch them, then have to wait to see if they wanna progress the fight by doing something back, just in the end to possibly get 5k or it take long enough for KPD to show and jail me for harassment. So staff please look over this, and give me feedback as i really think this rule update has given powerplant no purpose.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
This will benefit the community by giving us reason to love GangRP, and CrimeRP. More and more it gets taken from us and has no return, this will just give us CrimeRP'ers a chance to still enjoy what we like to dom and not have everything else to go with it.

ilovemyplane

Level 103
ilovemyplanex2
ilovemyplanex2
Omega+
As someone who was very involved with CrimeRP, I’m giving this a -1.
If it wasn’t something intended to make the server more focused on the roleplay aspect of it, then they wouldn’t have removed the ‘dangerzone’. From what I’ve seen, people tend to just go in and camp it just for 5k — which you can get easily by just waiting and letting the allowance system to do its thing if you don’t have a job!

SIMPL3Z

Level 108
Community Team
Lore Team
Danger zones got removed because staff wanted people to start Roleplaying in powerplant instead of just using permissions for a long while instead of just doing perms (NoZinth his words) so that's why it got removed.

This will benefit the community by giving us reason to love GangRP, and CrimeRP.
Gang and Crime Roleplay goes way beyond powerplant...

More and more it gets taken from us and has no return, this will just give us CrimeRP'ers a chance to still enjoy what we like to dom and not have everything else to go with it.
I'm sorry but everything that is getting taken is being replaced. Except now it is getting replaced by something to support actual gang and crime roleplay instead of just PVP and combat. GangRP was alive and well before danger zones were even a thing, and it will still be alive and well now that they're removed. This is just a further change to divert the meta from straight-up combat pvp to actual roleplay.

It hasn't even been 24 hours yet. If it turns out in the long run to actually have a significant impact then sure, a suggestion for its return is up for debate. But at least give it time (and with that a reasonable amount) to let it truly impact the server.

F1F4

Level 8
F1F4
F1F4
Notable+

1) Why would a character intentionally go to a danger zone and risk losing something?

Powerplant never had meaning -- it was merely a danger zone and just that. It was mostly, and if not, ultimately used for PVP sakes and that was the only fun in it because roleplay was either nullified or unnecessary to many of the current gang roleplayers. It was devoid of roleplay, and opportunities and it was a neverending cycle of cringe and mockery.

You can instead, however, take a roleplay approach! No shame in asking for consent to fight others, and have altercations; this isn't a mi****me and this certainly isn't the last man standing. You should go through with it by talking crap, getting physically angry, etc. That is the nature of roleplay. Despite all of that, even if the rule were to be reverted or not -- KPD will continue to be a pain in the ass by arresting you, and consequently, even if the altercation's reward is just a mere 5K or less. That is the consequence of going to a danger zone, anyway so I do not understand why that is an issue you complain about when you could just.. roleplay.

Arguably, and really in conclusion; the community is what takes away from GangRP, and CrimeRP. Yes, I can also add that responsible higher-up roles for each faction have rather been inactive or out of commission, but they were never the influence of it, only the community has been. Instead, I suggest you roleplay everything out, and not rely on a system to grant you the ability to 'roleplay' and 'have fun'.

Last edited:

Syukii

Level 14

if you are wanting to roleplay fight with no effort in it then join a different server that offers that.

Just go roleplay, make an actual icly enemy instead of just getting auto perms. There’s nothing fun in just getting perms your character didn’t even work for or have any icly intent except for “I just want to fight”.

Popo

Level 64
DarkxWalker
DarkxWalker
Notable
Ultimately, the last thing the crime faction needs is a permission farmsville simulator. I am here to roleplay, not to play Hay Day or Stardew Valley: Crime Edition. Regardless of the reinstatement or complete removal of danger zones, gang roleplay will still be active and people will participate and get permissions without being so dependent on getting them from powerplant.

Roleplay is an essential and integral part within this faction in particular, having the most outstanding potential and arguably one of the best retention rates— new players are more than willing to go for the crime route as their first faction on SchoolRP— teaching those new players that powerplant means permissions, and permissions mean entertainment is the wrong mindset.

SkiXD

Level 41
SkiXD
SkiXD
Omega+
Like Cam (NoZinth) said it turned the server into PvP rather than roleplay so -1

findouticly

Level 32
findouticly
findouticly
Omega
This will benefit the community by giving us reason to love GangRP, and CrimeRP.
by taking away the roleplay part of gangrp and crimerp???

yeah, no. -1. don't need to explain anything, as it is self-explainable why i'm -1ing it.

Yonio

Level 330
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
Other people have made valid points already, but here's my little addition to the conversation. Powerplant was created after a player who I will not name publicly made a suggestion to add an area where permissions were automatically gained. This happened in 2021, where using KPS was the norm and people were literally encouraged not to be attached to their characters, as they were bound to eventually die if they were remotely close to GangRP or KPD. The ethics of GangRP back in the day were so bad that entire gangs were getting disbanded left and right because people would cause staff headaches while trying to argue that permissions should be valid in X cases (half of these scenarios were incredibly unrealistic).

To sum up, the concept of dangerzone was an idea that was introduced when GangRP was all about PvP. Now that GangRP is no longer about PvP and more lore-based, there is no need for another dangerzone.

Ruin

Level 119
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
Whilst i disagree with the suggestion since change may be good (allowing lore-based gangrp or straight up normal roleplays in the powerplant) i want to say that remember to be kind when you dont disagree w something everyone :3 (for current & future comments)

Vexosphere

Level 35
Vexosphere
Vexosphere
Notable
I’m just writing this comment to get notified when philbertman42 posts his essay about how much he hates gangrp (im looking forward to see you here)

either way -1, pwp was a disgusting place because of dangerzone, now we can go there and make interesting roleplay without fear of being randomly attacked with no reason at all, and having obligation to roleplay it even tho its not fun at all, 3 ko points and 5k less in ur pocket

last time i went there to make something interesting (summoning ghosts) someone tried to mug my ouija board even tho cosmetics arent muggable so xd rlly, gangrp via ooc consent and for lore is 10 times better than auto gained perms

_ImHere4You_

Level 50
_ImHere4You_
_ImHere4You_
Rich
for every single point previously mentioned !! Times change, GangRP isn't perms and turn based anymore (thank god), now if you'd like to get something - you need to work for it. Genuinely seek what is it you'd like through interesting and fair roleplay.

Users who are viewing this thread