Not open for further replies.

Brizzyslxys

Level 17
bree_malia
bree_malia
Rich+
IGN (In Game Name): Brizzyslxys
Previous bans: None
Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?: Yes I understand completely.

Describe your activity on the server: On a weekly basis I play almost everyday for many hours. But some reasons I might not be online are school and sports.

Do you have TeamSpeak3? No But I can get it if needed.

Do you have a microphone? Yes.

List your current and past applications: Teaching Assistant Application; Accepted. P.E Teacher Application; Accepted.

What is your motivation for applying?:
:
I have always been a hardworking person. I've worked hard everyday of my life to reach my goals and to help others achieve theirs. I have been the MVP athlete and captain of many sports at my school for 4 years now and I want to show students that if you can work hard at anything you want to do in life, you can achieve it. Also I applied to be a P.E teacher before and got accepted. My minecraft would not work for months after I got accepted. So I want to have a second chance at being a teacher now that it is up and running again.

Have you read the megathread for Teachers? Yes Of Course
Have you read https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/teacher-code-of-conduct.1038/ ? Yes.
Have you read https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/faculty-handbook.1981/ ? Also Yes.

You want to start a school field trip, what would you do? First I would have to send a letter to the principal stating I wanted to have a field trip in my class. Then this letter will be approved/disapproved by the principal based on budgetary constraints and other requirements.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class:
1. All students are to remain quiet and not disrupt a teacher (unless they are playing a game in p.e) if they have something to say they may raise their hand.
2. Students must stay in their seat or on the floor (Unless there is a overfill in the classroom.
3. Classwork that is not finished will count as homework for the next day.
4. Any students that disrupt the class will be warned of their actions, if they continue appropriate consequences will occur.

Summarize your previous experience (both in general and teacher wise):
Well at my school as the female basketball team captain for 2 years and the female volleyball team captain for 2 years I'm supposed to lead my team like my coach would. So I have plenty of experience when it comes to communicating to other people and with leading groups of people. I also am a T.A at my school so I also know that as a teacher you should help anyone no matter who they are. Even if it is a tiny request.

List the ranks of teachers, starting from the bottom leading to the top:
Trainee | (Trainee)
Newly Qualified Teacher | (NQT)
Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills | (QTLS)
Head of Department | (HD)

Have you read & understood the megathread that is in Roleplay Documents > Teachers?
Yes I have read and understood it.
From your perspective as of right now, identify one thing you would change about the Teacher Group. Why would you change that?
I think one thing I would change about the Teacher Group is that we should all be able to have our own way of rewarding students, not just one way for all teachers. I would do that because I think that depending on what subject the teacher is teaching there might be some ways to award students that other teachers in other subjects might not be able to do. Like in P.E you could reward a student by giving them permission to have 5 minutes to shoot some hoops while the other students do stretches.

KNOWLEDGE

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose to they serve, what salary they get. Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general. Teachers are there to assist students and to guide them to higher levels of achievement. The teachers try to prepare their students for the future, like college and employment. Also lead the students to be able to be independent and to be able to make the right
decisions when it is hard too.

A P.E teacher out-of-game gets a salary of about $30,000-$40,000 per year. Where in the server a teacher's salary is 250,000 yen.
Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server:

Teachers are important to a SchoolRP server because if we didn't have teachers we couldn't have classes and classes are one of the most frequent things students attend on a SchoolRP server. They also make sure nothing bad happens in the SchoolRP server.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:
Trainee|(Trainee): A trainee attends classes and help the teacher. It will give you training for when your a future teacher. All of this will make you more comfortable with running a class and how a classroom works.

Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT): A NQT can run a classroom, but you need to make sure to check with your HD to see what you should be teaching and what you should be doing in class.

Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS): A QTLS is able to teach lessons now during regular school hours.

Head of Department (HD): A HD is in charge of all the other teachers in their department. They are responsible for training the trainee's and assisting the NQTs.
What lesson planning system does the school work on?:

The lesson planning system that the school goes by is a MoSCo system (Must have, Should Have, Could Have).

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?

Miss Whitman is a tall girl at a height of 5-7 with blue eyes and small pink lips . She has caramel colored hair with dirty blonde highlights. She is pretty skinny but has an athletic build to her. Miss Whitman has a very athletic type vibe in her clothing. She likes to wear shorts and tee shirts, as well as running pants. She always seems like she is a nice and polite girl at first but when she is playing sports nothing can stop her, that's what makes her unique. Bree's personality is very confident and kind. She tends to have a lot of fun teaching students as well as playing and demonstrating sports with them. Miss Whitman thinks that every student has the potential to be one of the greatest students in the school, no matter who they are as a person.

Bree's plan for the future is to stay in shape and to hopefully one day be a coach for some professional sports team. She wants to help and encourage others as a coach, and to show that even the best athletes always have room for improvement.

SCENARIOS

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
I would approach the group of students and warn them about the consequences that can be given to them if they continue to do what they are doing. If they continue I would give them a detention but if they do not stop after that I would go and get another teacher that could possible help.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?
If the students are not listening I would keep calm and I would begin to tell the students they are wasting time by not listening to us. If they continue to talk I would clap my hands loudly to see if they will quiet down.

When in a teacher lounge, how does your character act?
She would drink her coffee quickly while tying her shoes and grabbing her whistle. She would say a friendly hello to the fellow teachers before she would have to leave for the gym. About 5 minutes prior to leaving she would grab her clipboard and go through the activities they would do today in gym.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom.
/me Throws the volleyball up in the air and hits it with her palm, demonstrating a spike.
/me Watches the students as they begin to do their activity.
/me Runs with her students as they warm up with some laps around the gym.
/me Grabs her water bottle and drinks from it.
/me Pumps up a basketball from the basket of basketballs.
BACKSTORY

As a teen Bree was always an MVP. She was the captain of her schools female basketball team and volleyball team for all of the 4 years she went to high school. She played college level basketball back in America at UCONN and studied sports and exercise. When it came to having an actual job Bree didn't want to play basketball professionally she decided she wanted to teach P.E to students. She immediately began searching for schools that needed P.E teachers. She taught at Waterford High School in America for a year, but due too the poor respect and privileges the job gave her, Bree quit.

Later on she moved to Japan. She had never been to Japan and was hoping to find some sort of employment there. When she found out about Taketatsu High school she was ecstatic. Bree began to research Taketatsu High school. She was very poor at the time so she began to work at the local basketball courts cleaning them. Even though it wasn't the best paying job. It still gave her some money to live off of. Eventually she applied to be a P.E teacher at Taketatsu High school. Bree was really excited. Finally she could have some money to supply for herself. She kept working at the local basketball courts cleaning, anticipating whether her application would be accepted.

While she waited to hear she found what is her new BFF Emmy. They hung out every weekend when Bree wasn't working at the basketball courts. They went on many adventures. Exploring the town and woods near their apartment. As they walked home one day Bree checked her mailbox. She didn't think that the school would reply in a couple of months she anticipated it would be a year until she would find out. Bree took the letter out of her mailbox and slowly opened it, excited yet nervous to see if she was accepted or denied...

IN CHARACTER
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Bree Tanner Whitman
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss
Given Name(s): Bree
Preferred Name: Other teachers can call me Bree, but for students it can be either Miss Whitman or Miss W.

Religious Denomination: None
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: American
Current Location: Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 1
Working Experience (# of years): 4

Academic Degree: American College of Education, Also a P.E degree.

Year of Graduation: 2009 H.S, and University 2012
Major(s): Sport Management, Sports and Exercise
Minors: English

Native Languages: English
Other Languages: French

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: None
Preferred Teaching Subject: P.E

Additional notes about your application (if any): Thank you for reading and I hope you consider me for a second chance!

WiffyBanter

Level 143
KirikoM
KirikoM
Omega
Pending
You have been accepted to be a teacher, but all the slots for P.E have been taken up. Please PM me with another subject you would like to teach. You have 3 days to PM with the chosen subject

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread