mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Bug Catching

Novuscraft

Level 8
IGN: Novuscraft
DATE: 6/7/2023
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Bug Catching This will be more of a hobby/side gig than fishing. (A popular hobby in Japan)
The first aspect of bug-catching is that players would need to find either moss carpets or vines and right-click them with a new tool item called a Bug catching net. Unlike fishing rods which lose durability bug catching nets will not lose durability. However, you can only catch bugs in these locations once every hour as to give the idea of rarity and not make it overpowered. to make it more balance, staff could add the same mi****me from fishing to this idea as well.
To Balance this out, bugs will be more hobby based, as you can use them to make music with a new buyable decor block called a terrarium. The music will be different depending on the type of bugs you catch. (Common bugs have a super simple theme, while higher ranked ones will have ones with lots of notes)
The tiers of bugs would go sort of like this
common: Ants, Pill bugs, ****roaches
uncommon: snails, butterflies, centipedes
rare: Cicadas, Dragonflies
legendary: Stag beetles
Selling bugs: These would be easy to sell as some stag beetles are sold for around 1000 yen for the males alone, but to make it balanced, some of the insects will be sold for lower prices compared to their fish counterparts.
Obtaining a Bug catcher net will be a bit more pricey than fishing rods: they would be either 3000 yen or higher, depending on the staff's decision.
(Staff and development team can edit and remove certain ideas if it's too much)
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

It would be another form of income for those with no jobs. It will encourage players to explore the forest more. This would make players more interactable as fishing and may encourage people to show off their collection of insects.

MuziekAapje

Level 11
-1 I wouldn't be mad IF it was added to the server or anything but I honestly don't see the need, like you already mentioned yourself that it'd be similar to fishing.

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
I'm down for bug catching as a potential feature, but I don't think it should be implemented in the way you described.

Novuscraft

Level 8
I'm down for bug catching as a potential feature, but I don't think it should be implemented in the way you described.
Yeah I understand it’s mainly up for the dev team and the owner to figure out what bug catching will be in the end

DylanDeNewb

Level 34
Community Team
Developer
instrumentalityi
instrumentalityi
Fundraiser+
Eh... seems too niche in my opinion, if we desperately needed more avenues of income bug catching wouldn't ever be the priority over more universal options.

On top of that, some people are just absolutely terrified of bugs, and I'm sure would not appreciate bug models.

Novuscraft

Level 8
Eh... seems too niche in my opinion, if we desperately needed more avenues of income bug catching wouldn't ever be the priority over more universal options.

On top of that, some people are just absolutely terrified of bugs, and I'm sure would not appreciate bug models.
Yeah, I kinda understand I just though a popular Japanese hobby would be cool to add

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- Could be quite fun for next year's Spring Update, however at this moment in time we don't feel it something that should be a priority.​

Users who are viewing this thread