No

What is your timezone?:
EST

What is your discord username and discriminator (e.g. Tippie#6666):
Iphone#6834

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes sir

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?:
I would describe my activity on the mc portion of the server as relatively active mainly being on the weekends due to work on the weekdays. I try to get on as much as I can during the weekdays but with my long shift, I can't always guarantee activity. As for the forums, I check it usually daily to see what kind of dumb posts I can make.

How long have you played SchoolRP for?:
Around 3-4 months now

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:

Current Role/Degree/Grade on SchoolRP?:
Tutor

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a Professor?:

When I applied for Tutor I went in being an Economics and History professor as the character was originally based on a US president. I have a huge enjoyment for both Economics and History for which I have put in countless hours of studying. After working as a tutor for a bit I enjoyed the teaching aspect of the job a lot and was interested more when students actually came to the office to have a discussion or a lesson on economics or history. I wanted to continue this enjoyment and teach people more about economics in a way where it can actually be applicable to the real world so things like financing, mortgage, capital gains, and taxes. I want to see people grow up knowing that they can be financially secure and if they can walk away from my classes and use this knowledge to help better themselves or prepare for the future I will be happy.

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?:
Classroom logs are used to help log the number of classes that you have hosted as well as the number of students who show up. It can help gauge your activity and how interested students are in your classes. They are an important tool for the school to use so that they know what kinds of classes students are interested in and how active teachers are throughout the month and how many classes they have per month. By logging these numbers they can properly warn and strike inactive teachers while active teachers are properly paid.

As a Professor, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
I believe that students should feel welcomed in my classes and should come to an enjoyable lesson plan every time. They shouldn't see my classes as work but as an enjoyable time where they can learn about some fun subjects and utilize these skills on a day-to-day basis. But we always ned rules to help keep order so I like to follow 3 guidelines within my class.

1. Always be respectful to the teacher and others around you
Well, what does this mean?
It can be as simple as not speaking while the teacher or another student is talking or it can be reporting bullying or harassment to the teachers.

2. Use appropriate language
This means that you should always use language appropriate for school and refrain from using four-letter words.

3. Raise your hand before speaking
It is important to give everyone a chance to speak and so raising your hand before speaking is an important way for us to respect that.

Summarize your previous RP experience's (both in general and on SchoolRP):
I would have to say I don't have a tremendous amount of roleplay experience before playing SRP and even now being here for 3 nearing on 4 months I have a lot to learn. While I lack time I make up for it in being able to understand a situation and reacting properly to how my character would. I have been able to meet a lot of amazing people and through my short time, I have been able to create multiple characters ranging from different backgrounds and completely different behaviors.

College-Professor Knowledge

Please show your knowledge of College-Professors. What are the tasks a College-Professor has to complete, What is a College-Professor's salary?

A professor must complete a minimum of 15 classes per month for a base salary of 450,000. If you are unable to meet the quota and no inactivity log has been made further punishment may be given like a strike or a warning. A professor may do 10 extra classes which will add an additional 50,000 to their paycheck. They may additionally do a field trip after receiving approval from the vice-dean.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he/she look like? What makes him/her unique and different? What is his/her outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his/her personality like? What is his/her plan for the future?

Keiji is a rather old but still muscular individual standing at around 6'2 with cloudy eyes and always using his trusty walking stick. While he may stand at 6'2 he can be seen hunched over a lot due to poor posture as a kid. His white hair and blue eyes would be accompanied by a scent of roses and a faint smell of liquor. You could easily see his eyes were a little cloudy from his age but easily fixed by surgery that he is too stubborn to schedule believing that the hospital will make it worse. While he is rather stubborn and can be easily annoyed he has a special place in his heart for teaching and will always be kind and respectful to his students and fellow staff no matter the situation. Keiji has a lot planned for his future mainly focusing on his professional career and planning out his wedding. This has never stopped him though and with pure determination, he has always found a way to balance out his life and have the chance to help others be successful. He has a dream that his teaching can one day lead to college students understanding the debt they take on for a degree and understanding how to balance out their spending and how to save properly for the future so that they have money for emergencies.

Scenarios

You find a group of sport-team members screaming and shouting in the halls, What do you do?

I will handle this like any situation and give them a warning to stop and disperse. If they continue to make a ruckus and cause a scene I will threaten with detention and then start handing it out to them. If they stop after receiving a warning I will leave it at that but will tell the other school staff over the radio that they have already received a warning and so the next time will be detention.

A College-Student is disturbing the class and won’t listen to a word you’re saying, What do you do?
Firstly I would give them a warning to be respectful during my class if they refuse to listen to the warning I would give them one more before telling them they will receive detention if they continue with this behavior. If they decide to continue after receiving detention I will at this point get SLT and admissions involved as I have at this point given them multiple opportunities to stop and be respectful within my class.

Provide at least 3 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
&7As the class would begin to enter the room he would give them a slight bow as he hushed them motioning for them to take a seat in the front of the class. As he lifted his head from the bow he would adjust his tie fixing his posture as he did. Before beginning, he would have the students stand up as he would say &r"Good morning class" &7before pausing for them to return the greeting.

/me &3Placing his chalk down he would turn to the students raising his voice only slightly as he would speak to them &r"I have heard enough from everyone today, if you cannot act in an orderly manner within my class I will remove you." after speaking he would adjust his tie turning around and returning to the lesson at hand.

/me &7Checking the time on his watch he would then begin the closing lecture of his class giving them a small review of what they learned during the class during that session. &r"As the end of class draws we will take the last few minutes to take a small review of today's subject and how it has an effect on the modern economy and what value it holds for us today."

Backstory

Being born to a poor family in a small town during the latter half of the cold war. Being born into what seemed to be a fatherless home we suffered many problems including starvation and homelessness for 2 years surviving off what my Aunts could afford us. Being an adventurous kid I would spend days roaming the vast land my family had settled on. The plan for the land was to start a farm and sell off the crops and produce for money to survive but without knowledge, the land had been used for 15 years for farming and couldn't grow anything except for the approaching forest which seemed to use up whatever was left in the soil. Recalling from my memories my happiest memories growing up were building a treehouse with my older brothers and discovering a small town on the outskirts of our land while collecting twigs for a fire. This is when my love for history showed I had found a library in town and would spend hours reading while walking through the forest looking for things that might have been lost during the wars but never finding any. As I grew older I grew closer and closer to the books distancing myself from my brothers to focus on reading but we never fought even when I ignored them to continue on my walks. My favorite book was an old leather one with a single inscription on the cover saying SPQT. My father was drafted into the Military soon after my birth and the fall of Saigon. He was stationed in Germany defending the borders and helping people flee from communist rule into what they saw as a utopia under American control but we knew the issues that West Berlin had. Around the age of 18, I decided to enlist in the Military traveling to Germany for three years before being sent to a Canadian base for joint training. While there it baffled me how much more freedom they had in the Military being allowed to attend school and even grow out their hair while serving at home. Over the next three years of training with Canada, I was admitted into the US special forces or at that time named Special Forces Detachment A. After carrying out missions with them for over 3 years I had decided to return to Canada at a permanent command post where I finally decided to enroll in college against the wishes of my supervisor. The first three years of school went well with me having no issue splitting the time between guard duty and attending classes at night time. It wouldn't be until graduation year that the real trouble would arise. With the constant growth of the military through drafting and volunteers the US wanted to train out a second Special Forces detachment and being that I was the only one left stateside I was chosen to begin training at once. It seemed as if all hope was lost but out of sheer luck, the base I was currently residing on was deemed suitable for training. I was never a big drinker but even after a night like that I sat down in the squad bay and popped open a bottle to celebrate being able to stay and graduate. But once again it seemed hopeless when two weeks later the training regiment was delivered to me. It was hell for these recruits to want to make a name for them and grab a piece of glory. If I recall correctly, out of the 78 people shipped out to the base only two had completed their first contract and a majority of them had just got out of basic training which for the time was minima and short to get soldiers on the front lines. But to my surprise, I was able to continue my studies being sent an aide to help deal with the night shift at the base while I attended classes. At the end of the year two weeks before my graduation we finished up training and of the 78 people that arrived only 56 of them graduated. After I graduated from college I stayed for another year ending off my contract and decided to stay in Canada to work as a tutor at a local school helping to motivate kids into learning about history. A few years after that I was offered a job with the US military to move to Japan helping to teach at the US school on the Army base for 5 years. After that, I decided to stay in Japan moving to Karakura. Currently working over in Karakura as a tutor he would develop a closer love to teaching leading him to have applied to his work and see if teaching was really a suitable job for him. But always returning to the same decision of yes he would later put in his application to become a professor.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name:
Keiji Nohara

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr.

Given Name(s): Keiji

Preferred Name: Keiji

Religious Denomination: Judaism

Marital Status: Engaged

Nationality: Japanese

Current Location: Karkura, Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 5+ years in assistance as a Tutor

Working Experience (# of years): 25-30 years of working experience

Academic Degree: Masters Degree in History and World War Studies, later receiving a masters in Business School at Tokyo Institute

Year of Graduation: 2008

Major(s): World War Studies, Business

Minors: Mathematics

Native Languages: Japanese

Other Languages: JSL

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: Yes

Preferred Teaching Subject:
Business Professor

Extra

Additional notes about your application (if any):
No, sir

Do you have any questions?:

Tippie

Level 169
Senior Admin
College Sports Lead
Event Coordinator
Tippieeeeeeee
Tippieeeeeeee
Fundraiser+
Accepted
Welcome to the professor faction, the roles in-game & in discord will be given out shortly, more information about what's next will be provided in the #college-staff-chat channel. If you're not in the KA discord yet, join it via this link: https://discord.gg/dedKk7AY

Users who are viewing this thread