mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Butterfly clicking and limiting cps.

markoos

Level 28

Assuming that SRP has a clicker checker.. Yes it could.

The check would compare the click packets you're sending with the ones you sent before. Due to the sudden change in many aspects, including general click value, the pattern you click in and such. If you were to suddenly chance this pattern and value.. You'd flag checks one after another, I've seen many people get false banned for these checks; Especially if I take into consideration that I made an Anticheat a few months ago and tested this very problem. I even tried to patch it but failed miserably. If you plan on clicking on a certain value, don't change it between high and low too constantly. The checks will not like that.
I get around or over 15 cps when playing volleyball and it gets to a point where the ball is right next to the net and you and the other side needs to click faster than you to get it over, and the fact I could get automatically banned for it scares me

Lazeas

Level 47
I get around or over 15 cps when playing volleyball and it gets to a point where the ball is right next to the net and you and the other side needs to click faster than you to get it over, and the fact I could get automatically banned for it scares me
you wont get automatically banned man

Lizalopod

Level 130

Whilst it is obvious that modifying your keybinds through a third party software or just straight up making a macro or using an autoclicker is considered an Unfair Advantage.

You have to take the people that know how to click fast into consideration, yes, it might seem pretty unfair that someone can easily outclick someone by 4-7 or more CPS to absolutely dominate their opponent. But that's just their human ability/skill to click faster. Sure.. Double clicking is an unfair advantage itself, I don't like it myself as someone who's spent a fair share amount of time within the competitive MC community. That should not be allowed. But players who can prove that they are not using any assistance to have high CPS should be left alone.

If you think about it.. It makes sense in Roleplay as well. Someone's character might just be faster than yours, way harder to keep up with. Within these IC sports, we have to remember that the advantages we have OOCly are also IC. Some may be frowned upon but it is still something worth bowing down to. I personally respect people that are capable of jitterclicking 14 plus CPS for extended periods of time; it is something that's hard to gain control of without having brutal muscle spasms and such.

Despite all of this, I understand that there's a difference between a competitive gamemode and a Roleplay sports mi****me. But my opinion still stands; do not allow players to modify their debounce time and make them keep it as default. (10 MS) anything lower should be considered an Unfair Advantage. Whilst it is something hard to check. It is definitely possible!

I will also provide a screenshot of me achieving 19 CPS jitterclick (WITHOUT DECREASED DEBOUNCE TIME!)

To the posts above..

You genuinely don't have to destroy your wrist over the game, you can alter for an easier clicking mechanic to achieve high CPS such as drag-clicking.
Also.. About Bedwars. Most players averagely click around 8-11 clicks per second. You'll rarely find a good player with high CPS. Trust me on that one.
If you want to fight people with high cps, play ranked duels.

Trust me.. There have been cases of people cheating with 11-13 cps. You can believe me on that.

The check would compare the click packets you're sending with the ones you sent before. Due to the sudden change in many aspects, including general click value, the pattern you click in and such. If you were to suddenly chance this pattern and value.. You'd flag checks one after another, I've seen many people get false banned for these checks; Especially if I take into consideration that I made an Anticheat a few months ago and tested this very problem. I even tried to patch it but failed miserably. If you plan on clicking on a certain value, don't change it between high and low too constantly. The checks will not like that.

Butterfly clicking is generally frowned upon due to the overall simplicity of it, no statistics on the internet will ever show it's true simplicity. As someone who butterflied for a short amount of time, it is far easier than any other clicking method. I understand if you keep your debounce time at default to not give yourself an unfair advantage, other than that, butterfly clicking is something I do not like.. Alongside many others.

Welp.. I'll be heading out now, I'll be responding to any questions & arguments tomorrow.

Yes and that's the issue. It seems that a higher cps contributes to better preformance, therefore raising the allowed cps will allow the very few people that can click extremely fast to start to dominate with their advantage over others. Any other players who want to play will automatically have a skill gap to them which will likely be difficult to overcome. The best thing for a competitive game is allowing everyone to be on a level playing field, not allowing some players an advantage over others.

And yeah like, bruh over 10 cps is completely ridiculous and uneeded

Lazeas

Level 47
they don't have it auto ban you once you reach over 15cps

and yeah you clicked 17cps consistently with over 100 seconds, that's pretty nice, no debounce time too? damnn.
but add aiming and tracking to that and it'll probably be at least around the 15 cps range, no?

markoos

Level 28
Yes and that's the issue. It seems that a higher cps contributes to better preformance, therefore raising the allowed cps will allow the very few people that can click extremely fast to start to dominate with their advantage over others. Any other players who want to play will automatically have a skill gap to them which will likely be difficult to overcome. The best thing for a competitive game is allowing everyone to be on a level playing field, not allowing some players an advantage over others.

While we're at it, why don't we get rid of people with high ping? It easily gives advantage in Football and Volleyball

Nalyija

Level 5
Then just tone the CPS.​

If a player is capable of using an advantage they have, they should be able to use it. The fact that you simply can't keep up with them is kind of your problem. There's a skill gap everywhere. Deal with it.
they don't have it auto ban you once you reach over 15cps

and yeah you clicked 17cps consistently with over 100 seconds, that's pretty nice, no debounce time too? damnn.
but add aiming and tracking to that and it'll probably be at least around the 15 cps range, no?
AS I SAID. I played COMPETITIVE MC. So no, I am fully capable of holding 17-18 cps whilst aiming and tracking quite well, that proves because my last ELO was 1600. (Top 3 in leaderboards.)​
While we're at it, why don't we get rid of people with high ping? It easily gives advantage in Football and Volleyball
There's a difference between players with high ping and high cps.. How are they meant to get low ping? Move to America? Nice one.​

Tippie

Level 169
Senior Admin
College Sports Lead
Event Coordinator
Tippieeeeeeee
Tippieeeeeeee
Fundraiser+
Reviewed
To ensure fair gameplay and prevent auto clickers we had to draw a line between what we consider realistic and not. This line is drawn around 15 CPS. Many people find it rather hard to believe that players can keep up with over 15 CPS for a more extended amount of time and hence draw the line there. If we were to allow any number of CPS mentioned above we would not be able to prevent unfair tools such as autoclickers.

Users who are viewing this thread