Status
Not open for further replies.
IGN (In Game Name): @BuzzyyBee

Previous bans:
No.

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?:
Yes, I do.

Describe your activity on the server:
I am mostly active from 2-6 hours during the weekends.

During the weekdays I can be on from 1-5 hours a day, depending if I have a lot of school work or not.

Do you have TeamSpeak3?
No, but I could get it if needed. I do have Discord though.

Do you have a microphone?
Not yet, for now, I can use my phone microphone.

List your current and past applications:
Teacher Application.

What is your motivation for applying?:
My motivation for applying is so that I can experience a different kind of roleplay. Since I have been a teacher before I know how to act and say in different situations, some people might find it boring teaching and be having to plan a lesson, but it's actually quite fun since you get to find so much more information about a certain thing that you maybe didn't know much about. Not only is it that but it's also because when you are a teacher, people treat you way more different. They treat you with respect and trust you, something that I really appreciate.

Have you read the megathread for Teachers?
Yes, I have.

Have you read https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/teacher-code-of-conduct.1038/ ?
Yes.

Have you read https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/faculty-handbook.1981/ ?
Yes.

You want to start a school field trip, what would you do?
I would create a field-trip application by completing both the OOC application and the IC application using the format provided.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class:

-No talking while the teacher is talking or if the teacher has not given the student allowance to speak.

-No eating or drinking during the class.

-No phones.

-Be respectful to fellow classmates and teachers.

-No foul language or behaviour.

Summarize your previous experience (both in general and teacher wise):
Since I have been a teacher once, I am fully aware of how a teacher should act under different circumstances as well as I have observed other teachers and learned from them.

List the ranks of teachers, starting from the bottom leading to the top:

- Trainee

- NQT (Newly Qualified Teacher)

- QTLS/QT (Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills)

- HoD/HD (Head of Department)

Have you read & understood the megathread that is in Roleplay Documents > Teachers?
Yes, I have and I do understand them.

From your perspective as of right now, identify one thing you would change about the Teacher Group. Why would you change that?
I would make sure that each and every teacher are nice to not only the students but also to other fellow teachers. I have seen teachers be rude and disrespectful to other teachers, which I do not find mature nor professional.

KNOWLEDGE

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do they serve, what salary they get. Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Teachers in-game and out-of-game have the same main goal: teaching and educating students. They are there to help the students understand and learn, as well as to figure out what they want to do in their future.

Teachers get a different salary, depending on where in the world they work and what they teach. In my country, they can earn up to 50 500 dollars.

A lot of people seem to think that teachers are like a robot with only one task: to teach. Teachers are normal human beings that have normal lives as any other person. They go out shopping food for dinner, they watch TV until late at night etc., though I'm guessing they spend a lot of their spare time planning for their next lesson and look over homework.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server:
Teachers are important for the SchoolRP to feel more realistic, without teachers, then what is the reason for having a school? Teachers are there to teach and educate students like they do in real life.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:

Trainee - Teachers in training are given this rank, they work to help in the working environment by assisting the teacher.

NQT - Teachers who are close to being fully qualified teachers are given this rank, they are able to host lessons as long as they have permission from the head of their department.

QTLS - Teachers who are fully qualified are given this rank, they are able to host lessons without permission from the head of their department.

HD - Teachers who control their department are given this role, they have power over NQTs and their lessons.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:

The lesson planning system that the school works on is called for a must have /should have/could have system.

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?

My character that will (hopefully) be taking this role is named Amelia Swan. She has black hair, dark brown eyes, average to fit build and is 5'2 feet. She's a very kind and down-to-earth kind of gal, she loves to make people laugh and smile. She wants to make sure that every student feels like they can do the task she has handed to them and will treat every student the same, no matter their ethnicity, gender or their sexuality. Amelia isn't a very talkative person, especially around people she doesn't know that well but will show respect and kindness, no matter who it is. Amelia's goal is to help students with finding their happiness and a realistic future, not giving them false hope for an unreachable dream but to make them see clearer as to what they want in the future. Amelia's plan for the future is to continue being a teacher, but if that fails, then she will mostly start working in a shop that sells food since she has always found an interest in cooking/baking.

SCENARIOS

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
I would calmly ask them to stop cursing and get to class etc., depending on what period it would be and I would tell them the consequences of their actions. If they would not listen then I would write their names down and send them to detention.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?
I would clap my hands together, hoping they class would pay attention to me, then tell them the consequences if they do not listen. If that fails then I will give the ones who are disturbing the class detention.

When in a teacher lounge, how does your character act?
My character would act very relaxed and silent, not talking to anyone unless anyone would walk up to her. She mostly would be working on the next class assignment or grading the students' homework/classwork.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom.

/me she'd clap her hands three times loudly

/me she'd cross her arms and give a serious expression

/me she'd look at the hard-working students

/me she'd look through the students' homework while sipping her coffee

/me she'd start grading the classwork

BACKSTORY

Amelia Swan has always been good at school. Throughout secondary school, she always found the schoolwork she got so easy. Everything was a child's play for her until she got into college. She didn't really know what she wanted to be when she graduated, so she chose English as a major and creative writing as a minor. Being a teacher was never a plan of hers, she actually wanted to start up her own bakery and sell pastries. But after her sister got an unexpected pregnancy, she spent a lot of time with her sister's child. She soon figured out that she loves helping the child understand things. One day her sister told her how great she was with children and asked if she ever had thought about becoming a teacher. At first, Amelia thought the idea was silly and stupid, but after pondering over it for quite some time she decided to teach.

Through hard work and late nights, going on three cups of coffee each day to get through all-nighters she finally did it. She finished college. Originally she was going to become an English teacher in England, where she was born. But after a huge family fight, she bought a one-way plane ticket to Japan. She lived there for a month, studying the school systems and how everything worked, same as she studied Japanese.

After a month and a half, she went back home to England and applied for a teaching job at a school she found in Japan. She packed all of her stuff and left everything behind, deciding to start fresh.

IN CHARACTER

(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name:
Amelia Swan

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Miss

Given Name(s):
Amelia

Preferred Name:
Miss Swan (with students) Amelia or Lia (with other teachers or adults)

Religious Denomination:
Atheist

Marital Status:
Single

Nationality:
British

Current Location:
Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years):

Working Experience (# of years):

Academic Degree: