players online

Byho | Mathematics / Economics Professor Application

Byho

Level 0
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft Username?:
Byho

Do you have any previous bans?: No

What is your timezone?: PST (Philippine Standard Time)

What is your discord username and discriminator (e.g. Tippie#6666): YaRu#1073

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Yes

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?: I am a server veteran and already have had experience being a professor. Aside from having nothing else to do, I read up on some of the server updates on the forums.

How long have you played SchoolRP for?: Been playing SRP since 2016/2017(?) It's been a couple years so my memory is rusty. I still miss the auction house.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?: Lost my forums account, tried to retrieve it, didn't work. So here I am starting fresh.

Current Role/Degree/Grade on SchoolRP?: I am currently an Adult on SchoolRP

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a Professor?:
Funny as it is, I actually want to take this opportunity to teach some real shit. Not the basic lessons. I'm currently in college right now and I know some kids could use this information I want to teach in real life.

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?: Classroom logs are basically updates given at the end of every class to the admins as proof of event / as evidence of a class taking place. It's main importance lies in the fact that classroom logs is what keeps the staff updated on what's actually happening in the server.

As a Professor, what are the strict rules when being in a class?: As a Professor, we carry ourselves with Karakura conduct. Professionalism and knowledge need to come into play when in a class setting. I like to keep my rules short and simple.
1. Respect everyone
2. Respect the lesson
3. Use common sense

Summarize your previous RP experience's (both in general and on SchoolRP): I've had RP experiences as a highschooler, a college student, a professor, an adult, gangrp, and even a salesperson. Generally, I am already familiar with the expectations when it comes to rp'ing and still learn new things everytime I do. On schoolRP, it's nice to connect with the community and find new things to do simply because I go out of my comfort zone to try new things.

College-Professor Knowledge

Please show your knowledge of College-Professors. What are the tasks a College-Professor has to complete, What is a College-Professor's salary?
Professors need to accomplish a minimum of 15 classes per month (optional 25) and get paid 450,000-500,000 yen respectively. Inactivity leads to demotion / warning. Additionally, professors must also provide a log of each of their classes as proof of event. Classes with difficult students must be reported.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he/she look like? What makes him/her unique and different? What is his/her outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his/her personality like? What is his/her plan for the future?
Yamashito Rutto is as middle-age crisis as middle-age crisis gets. He's a 36 year old alcoholic and chain smoker living off his past life as a successful cutthroat businessman back in his home country. Looking to make a living in Karakura, he read an opening for a professor's position in the university. He's got hair aged like milk, skin as coarse as scale. Not much is to say about his appearance other than a guy trying to live his best life in the late 30's. What makes him different is the way he handles any situation. Straightforward. Lenient, but fair. Yamashito isn't the typical professor that babysits a class. He's a realist. Respect is an integral part of his person and he'll make sure things get done. A renaissance man. To the teachers, he gives ample respect but his smoking habit sometimes becomes a problem to the lunchroom. He plans to find his footing in Karakura but for now, has some kids to teach on how to not be a chump in the real world.

Scenarios

You find a group of sport-team members screaming and shouting in the halls, What do you do?
Find out the context of why they're screaming, discipline them, and maybe give 'em a good old traditional smack to the back of the head for good measure if that's allowed. If they continue to shout and disrupt the halls, I take some screenshots and report.

A College-Student is disturbing the class and won’t listen to a word you’re saying, What do you do? Most likely, I would just continue with my lesson if they aren't a distraction to the class. In the case that they are, I'll give them a warning. Any other repeats of that and I'll ask them to step out the class, then report. Of course, with screenshot proof.

Provide at least 3 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
would glance at his watch and close the classroom door, signaling the start of class

/me would start to draw varied graphs on the board with chalk, coughing from the stench of chalkboard dust

/me opens his cabinet to an assortment of colored chalk, to which he would then start to label variables on the chalkboard

Backstory

Yamashito Rutto never claimed his hands to be clean. He advised economic superpowers, ringleaders, and even government officials how to make the most of every economic boom and recession. Anything that had something to do with money, he knew. Despite not having a conscience, he never really found a true protege, someone to surpass him. Having been framed for fraud during an audited transaction, he lived his days in hiding. Yamashito wound up in Karakura, drinking his thoughts away when a newspaper article caught his eye to apply as a professor in the city's university. He reminisced about the days of adrenaline-fueled market manipulation and ****ysis. He lived and breathed money. Finishing his cup of whiskey, he puffed his cigar and went for an interview.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name:
Yamashito Rutto

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr

Given Name(s): YaRu

Preferred Name: Rutto

Religious Denomination: Atheist

Marital Status: Single

Nationality: Half-Japanese, Half-American

Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years):
5 years

Working Experience (# of years): 15 years

Academic Degree: Doctorate's in BS Economics

Year of Graduation:1998

Major(s):
Accounting, Business Management, Business Administration

Minors: Communications

Native Languages: English, Japanese

Other Languages: French, Chinese

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: Yes

Preferred Teaching Subject: Mathematics / Economics

Extra

Additional notes about your application (if any):
None

Do you have any questions?: No

Tippie

Level 169
Senior Admin
College Sports Lead
Event Coordinator
Tippieeeeeeee
Tippieeeeeeee
Fundraiser+
Denied
Thank you for taking the time to apply! Unfortunately, compared with the other applicants I've chosen to deny this application.

Tips for next time!
-
Elaborate more upon the questions asked, this will show that you put more effort into your application and therefore increases the chances of getting accepted

You can re-apply at any time!

Users who are viewing this thread