EGGRP
EGGRP
Omega
CakeRP
EGGRP
AYORP

List your discord name and tag
zSxvqge

Additionally, do you have a microphone and can speak via discord?
Yes I do.

Your time zone and current country of residence:
EST and United States

Link any previous community team applications if applicable:
N/a

Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team?
Yes, I do understand.

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team.
What may obstruct my writing is only oocly matters. This includes vacation or other oocly events that impact my life. Other than that I am good and can write whenever.

What makes you passionate about writing?:
What makes me passionate about writing is that it always has always inspired me to do better and keep doing what I like to do. I love writing and its something that I try to do in my free time.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?:
I always write lore or something for fun and do it in my free time to give me something to do I enjoy!

In your own words, give your definition of lore:
In my opinion lore is something that is supposed to give a backstory to something historic or a major event that happened. Lore is supposed to be very detailed and explain what happened at this time and the date. It basically re does history all in one for somebody who does not understand the backstory of a place. Lore is also a rich part of history and can be used pretty much at any time.

Summarize a character conflict, roleplay conflict, or event that you experienced (server-wide, personal, etcetera- there is no bar for how ‘interesting’ or ‘impactful’ it is). Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

In a time long ago, on a remote island named Karakura, nestled along the mystical coast of Japan, there thrived a humble fishing village. The island was shrouded in an air of enchantment, with lush forests, sandy beaches, and sparkling azure waters that glistened under the sun's tender gaze. At the heart of the island, atop a majestic mountain, lay a sacred shrine simply known as "Karakura Shrine."

The Karakura Shrine was revered by the villagers as a sanctuary of divine protection. It was said that the shrine had been blessed by the ancient spirits of land and sea, safeguarding the island from disasters, guiding the fishermen through treacherous waters, and granting bountiful harvests to the farmers.

The shrine itself was a masterpiece of traditional Japanese architecture, adorned with intricate carvings and vibrant vermillion paint. A grand set of stone steps led the way to the summit, flanked by towering pine trees, their branches swaying with the rhythm of the ocean breeze. At the entrance, two massive wooden torii gates stood guard, marking the transition from the mundane world to the sacred realm of the spirits.

Inside the shrine grounds, there stood a centuries-old cherry blossom tree, its branches spreading like arms to embrace visitors with the delicate petals that showered the earth every spring. Legend had it that the tree was a gift from the celestial beings, a reminder of the ephemeral beauty of life and the cycle of renewal.

For generations, the tradition of the Karakura Shrine was woven into the very fabric of the island's culture. Each year, during the festival of Matsuri no Tsuki, the entire village would come together to honor the spirits and seek their blessings. The festival was a celebration of life and unity, with colorful decorations, lively dances, and traditional music that resonated through the hills and valleys.

Central to the festival was the ritual of the "Kanagawa Mairi" or "Pilgrimage of the Coast." At dawn, the villagers, dressed in vibrant kimonos and carrying offerings of rice, fruits, and handcrafted origami boats, would embark on a solemn journey from the shore towards the shrine on the mountaintop. It was believed that the spirits of the sea would guide their boats and bless them with safe voyages.

The shrine itself would come alive during the festival, adorned with lanterns that cast a warm glow over the surroundings. The village maidens, adorned in white kimono and delicate flower crowns, would perform a graceful dance known as "Komorebi no Mai," symbolizing the interplay of sunlight and foliage as it filtered through the trees.

One year, as the festival approached, a powerful storm brewed on the horizon, threatening to unleash its fury upon the island. The villagers feared that the spirits might be angered, and the festival would be disrupted. But amidst the anxiety, a young fisherman named Hiroki decided to take action.

Hiroki believed that the spirits of the island were not vengeful but compassionate beings who would understand the struggles of the villagers. He climbed the treacherous mountain path to the shrine and, with unwavering devotion, offered a prayer for the safety of his fellow villagers and the continuity of the sacred tradition.

As Hiroki returned to the village, a miracle unfolded before his eyes. The storm that loomed ominously began to subside, and rays of sunlight broke through the clouds, bathing the island in a warm embrace. The skies cleared just in time for the festival to begin, and the spirits of Karakura showed their benevolence.

From that day forth, Hiroki became a legend in his own right. He was known as "Hiroki the Guardian," a symbol of courage and unwavering faith in the divine protection of the Karakura Shrine. The festival continued to flourish, and the island of Karakura remained blessed and safeguarded by the spirits of land and sea.

And so, the folklore of the Karakura Shrine and its guardian hero, Hiroki, echoed through the generations, inspiring the people of the island to hold on to their beliefs, embrace their traditions, and trust in the guiding spirits that watched over their beloved Karakura.

(All names are made up, it's a folklore so it's said to just be a legend or tall tale.)

Create a folklore tale based on an existing area in Karakura of your choosing; tell us a story! Show us how creative you can get. Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

Shadows of Karakura

Governor Takeshi Nakamura of Karakura Island faced a growing rift between the peaceful residents living in the mountains and the struggling inhabitants of the criminal-run Power Plant district. This long-standing conflict threatened to tear apart the unity and harmony that once prevailed in the island's enchanting landscapes.

In the breathtaking mountains of Karakura a place named the Shrine stood tall. It was a sacred sanctuary guarded by maidens known for their wisdom and connection to the island's ancient spirits. The Shrine represented purity tranquility and preservation of the island's traditions. The governor believed that preserving the Shrine and its customs would ensure the island's prosperity.

However nestled at the outskirts of the island a stark contrast awaited. The Power Plant district overridden by criminal activities and despair exuded an atmosphere of turmoil and hardship. It was a stark reminder of the island's darker side. The governor recognized the need for rehabilitation and revitalization in this run-down area but his efforts were met with resistance and skepticism from the people.

Governor Nakamura understood that to restore the balance in Karakura he had to bridge the gap between the two contrasting worlds. He vowed to bring peace and prosperity to both the mountains and the Power Plant district.

As the governor embarked on his mission he faced numerous challenges making his task seemingly impossible. The maidens of the Shrine had little trust in the governor's vision fearing that progress and development might disrupt the island's spiritual equilibrium. They believed that preserving the traditions and seclusion of the Shrine was their paramount duty.

Meanwhile in the Power Plant district the criminal leaders perceived the governor's efforts as an encroachment on their territory and control. They were unwilling to let go of their dominance and were determined to maintain the status quo.

As Governor Nakamura strived to reconcile the conflicts he encountered opposition from both sides. The peaceful residents of the mountains loyal to the Shrine protested any intervention that might disturb their serene existence. Simultaneously he found himself at odds with the ruthless figures who controlled the illicit activities in the Power Plant district.

Balancing diplomacy negotiation and occasional defiance Governor Nakamura fought tirelessly to restore harmony and prosperity to Karakura Island. He realized that preserving the ancient traditions of the Shrine was crucial but not at the cost of neglecting the struggling people of the Power Plant district.

Through personal sacrifices and perseverance the governor began building bridges of understanding between the two factions. He arranged meetings between the maidens of the Shrine and representatives from the Power Plant district—individuals desperate for change and an opportunity for redemption.

As tensions slowly subsided a glimmer of hope emerged. The people of Karakura Island began to comprehend that unity and progression could coexist side by side. The maidens of the Shrine acknowledged the necessity of supporting the Power Plant district's rejuvenation ensuring that it was done sustainably and without compromising the island's spiritual essence.

Governor Takeshi Nakamura's unwavering determination brought about an unprecedented era of harmony in Karakura. The mountains cities forests beaches the revered Shrine and the revitalized Power Plant district found common ground embracing the island's rich heritage while embracing progress and inclusivity.

RexLobo

Level 105
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
DENIED
Thank you for applying. After discussing with the team, we decided to deny your application due to the competitiveness for this role.

Additionally, using AI to write your application is not allowed.

For any questions relating to the application, DM rexypoo on Discord with said question. Feel free to reapply and address these factors for the next wave of applications.​

Users who are viewing this thread