mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Can we please stop the "Bullying Skindexians" joke?

Mistalee

Level 104
BEFORE THIS THREAD STARTS, I'D LIKE TO CLEARLY SPECIFY THAT THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO EVERY PLAYER.

[Also, if you wanna bop out to any music whilst reading, I recommend you listen to this! Doesn't really fit with the atmosphere of this post, but it's a bop none-the-less =)
]

If you've been playing for any longer period of time, then you'll most likely know about this situation. And by "Situation", I mean the constant harassment new players who have a certain skin-format. (By "New Players" I mean the oh-so-notorious "Skindexians."

If you don't know what a Skindexian is, let me give you a brief rundown.

New Players, (Also commonly refered to as Grade 7's IC-ly), are players with a certain format when it comes to their skins, as well as a "less-modern" form of skin shading. They're titled "Skindexian", because of a website with the domain name of "Skindex", (Minecraftskins.com, if you wish to visit), mountains of Minecraft skins similar to the one listed below.

Here's an example of a so-called "Skindexian".

As you can see, they have a much different form of skin shading then that of more experienced players, as well as the.. Occasional animal ears on their skin.

Of course, just because they appear different, or give off a "New Player vibe", doesn't mean they can't roleplay just as well as more experienced players within the community. I believe "Skindexians" shouldn't be joked about in such a toxic manner, as well as straight up insulted or made fun of.

It's incredibly sad to see so many players in our community go out of their way to make jokes or take the piss out of people new to the server who just haven't "updated" the standard of certain players on the server.

A different scenario would involve a so-called "Skindexian" roleplaying as a neko or a fox, by simply putting any form of fluffy ears or tail on their skin. If this is the case, then you should 100% report them to staff immediately!

What I'm tryin' to say here is that I believe "Skindexians", or "New Players," should be ijust as included in our community as any regular player. I get the "Oh lookie here, an ugly Skindexian!" joke is funny to you and your friends, but from an outside perspective it can just appear completely un-funny and just straight up toxic, most likely leaving said new player feeling a bit upset and feel un-welcome in the community.

Please, let's just accept people with a different style of skin and count them as a normal player, instead of a "Skindexian." You can for sure let them know some tips you have when it comes to improving their skin and making it more visually appealing, but I say keep it friendly.

There's no need to drop our common decency or become incredibly un-friendly when it comes to new players.

Shizai

Level 143
I agree, Skindexians are hella nice and friendly and should be treated equal, Don't treat them awful or harshly because they don't look like you, you once were a new player too and probably had some type of skin that you liked very much, but eventually grew out of. Simply let them do them, to each their own, do not excessively pick on them for it because you think that their skins are ugly and they have no brain, because that is not always case, they like the skins that they have chosen, just like you and I. You can never judge a book by its cover. Of course, it's usually just some harmless hazing and doesn't really go farther than that.

I support the movement to bring equality.

May skindexians, custom requests, namemc rise up and join hands and come together as one huge big happy family.

Last edited:

Mistalee

Level 104
BEFORE THIS THREAD STARTS, I'D LIKE TO CLEARLY SPECIFY THAT THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO EVERY PLAYER.

[Also, if you wanna bop out to any music whilst reading, I recommend you listen to this! Doesn't really fit with the atmosphere of this post, but it's a bop none-the-less =)
]

If you've been playing for any longer period of time, then you'll most likely know about this situation. And by "Situation", I mean the constant harassment new players who have a certain skin-format. (By "New Players" I mean the oh-so-notorious "Skindexians."

New Players, (Also commonly refered to as Grade 7's IC-ly), are players with a certain format when it comes to their skins, as well as a "less-modern" form of skin shading. They're titled "Skindexian", because of a website with the domain name of "Skindex", (Minecraftskins.com, if you wish to visit), mountains of Minecraft skins similar to the one listed below.

As you can see, they have a much different form of skin shading then that of more experienced players, as well as the.. Occasional animal ears on their skin.

Of course, just because they appear different, or give off a "New Player vibe", doesn't mean they can't roleplay just as well as more experienced players within the community. I believe "Skindexians" shouldn't be joked about in such a toxic manner, as well as straight up insu
I agree, Skindexians are hella nice and friendly and should be treated equal, Don't treat them awful or harshly because they don't look like you, you once were a new player too and probably had some type of skin that you liked very much, but eventually grew out of. Simply let them do them, to each their own, do not excessively pick on them for it because you think that their skins are ugly and they have no brain, because that is not always case, they like the skins that they have chosen, just like you and I. You can never judge a book by its cover. Of course, it's usually just some harmless hazing and doesn't really go farther than that.

I support the movement to bring equality.

May skindexians, custom requests, namemc rise up and join hands and come together as one huge big happy family.

Yeah, I agree! I feel like when new players are being joked about by more experienced players, those people often forget that they were a "Skindexian" at one point, too. I get that it's all meant as a joke from time to time, but I really don't stand for the type of comedy that comes at the expense of others. I feel like it's recently calmed down, but it's still an apparent issue none-the-less.

RoseRP

Level 46
+1

I don't really have a comment on this one. It's a very common thing to happen - but there's not much I can do about it sadly.
I can't just tell them 'Stop doing that!' because 99% of the time they don't listen. I really do believe we should help each other - not tear each other apart based on appearance.

Too true and too good, couldn't have said it better myself. People who invariably call out other people due to the skin they're using only portray themselves as the weaker conscious, most of these "skindexians" are EXTREMELY kind and notably good people all together just looking for some fun, and instead of harassing them we should assist them on the server and allow them to mature in to more skilled roleplayers. 'Nuff said.

Last edited:

Totalore

Level 138
you know i should probably say this
if you actually want it to be a rule you should just suggest it in the discord

alexander!

Level 47

]

Of course, just because they appear different, or give off a "New Player vibe", doesn't mean they can't roleplay just as well as more experienced players within the community. I believe "Skindexians" shouldn't be joked about in such a toxic manner, as well as straight up insulted or made fun of.

It's incredibly sad to see so many players in our community go out of their way to make jokes or take the piss out of people new to the server who just haven't "updated" the standard of certain players on the server.

A different scenario would involve a so-called "Skindexian" roleplaying as a neko or a fox, by simply putting any form of fluffy ears or tail on their skin. If this is the case, then you should 100% report them to staff immediately!

What I'm tryin' to say here is that I believe "Skindexians", or "New Players," should be ijust as included in our community as any regular player. I get the "Oh lookie here, an ugly Skindexian!" joke is funny to you and your friends, but from an outside perspective it can just appear completely un-funny and just straight up toxic, most likely leaving said new player feeling a bit upset and feel un-welcome in the community.

Please, let's just accept people with a different style of skin and count them as a normal player, instead of a "Skindexian." You can for sure let them know some tips you have when it comes to improving their skin and making it more visually appealing, but I say keep it friendly.

There's no need to drop our common decency or become incredibly un-friendly when it comes to new players.
YES MA'AM I WILL DO WHATEVER YOU SAY.

Users who are viewing this thread