Car Whitelist Change

EnderBubs

Level 59
IGN:
EnderBubs
DATE:
5/13/2023
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
I think we should change how players can whitelist people to each other's vehicles. As of right now, it's a VERY annoying process of having to look through unorganized player heads attempting to find your friend's IGN and/or player head to add them to the whitelist. I think this should be changed to a more effective and efficient system. I think there are two systems that could work. The first one is having all the player heads organized in alphabetical order, or having a search system that allows you to just search your friend's ign, and then their player head will pop up. Or as DylanDeNewb said maybe a command that a player can type to give a whitelist to their friends. The command can go something like /vehicle whitelist [vehicles name] [players ign]. I say we add the vehicle name part for the command so that you can chose which vehicle you want to give your friends whitelist too if you have more than one placed down at the moment
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
I think this will largely benefit the community. The number of times I've heard from my friends how they find the current system annoying and time-wasting is a lot. And as someone who owns 3 vehicles, it is VERY annoying to be there and scroll through player heads just to add one person. And if I need to add more than one person I need to redo the entire process again! It's a small change but one that I think will benefit the community and make it overall just easier for players to add their friends to their cars whitelist

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for taking the time to read my suggestion! I hope you have an amazing day!!
Main Account: [28] Enderbubs ~ Amaya Omori [KPD Officer]
Main Alt: [27] EnderBubbies ~ Takano Shizuka [Adult]
Alt: [3] ZRex2316 ~ Dai [Bird]

Last edited:

DylanDeNewb

Level 35
Helper
Developer
instrumentalityi
instrumentalityi
Fundraiser+
uhh... you only need to whitelist if you want them to drive, passengers don't need to be whitelisted anymore (been this way for a month atleast).

Though I agree and will most likely just add a command version at some point

EnderBubs

Level 59
uhh... you only need to whitelist if you want them to drive, passengers don't need to be whitelisted anymore (been this way for a month atleast).

Though I agree and will most likely just add a command version at some point
Don’t we have to make the car public for other players to be able to get in the passenger seat without us whitelisting them?

I think adding a command for it is a even better idea! It saves more time, it’s more efficient and effective as well

DylanDeNewb

Level 35
Helper
Developer
instrumentalityi
instrumentalityi
Fundraiser+
Don’t we have to make the car public for other players to be able to get in the passenger seat?
Nope! This was updated, again, around ~1 month ago. You do NOT need to edit any settings for anyone to be a passenger

EnderBubs

Level 59
Nope! This was updated, again, around ~1 month ago. You do NOT need to edit any settings for anyone to be a passenger
So can anyone get in the car now? Sorry if I’m bugging you about questions I haven’t used my car whitelist in a fat minute and I’m curious how the update works

DylanDeNewb

Level 35
Helper
Developer
instrumentalityi
instrumentalityi
Fundraiser+
So can anyone get in the car now? Sorry if I’m bugging you about questions I haven’t used my car whitelist in a fat minute and I’m curious how the update works
Thats right, just placing the car will:
- Only allow you to drive
- Allow any unwhitelisted players to be passengers
- Any whitelisted players may be passengers OR the driver.

By setting to public:
- Anyone may drive or be a passenger

EnderBubs

Level 59
Thats right, just placing the car will:
- Only allow you to drive
- Allow any unwhitelisted players to be passengers
- Any whitelisted players may be passengers OR the driver.

By setting to public:
- Anyone may drive or be a passenger
What do we do if we don’t want anyone just being able to get into the passenger seat? Like let’s say you only want YOIR friends to be able to enter the car, is there a way to make it so your friends are the only ones that can enter the passenger seat?
I’m asking mainly because I can see how it can be annoying if you go to place your car and some random people just run up and hope in the passenger seat

DylanDeNewb

Level 35
Helper
Developer
instrumentalityi
instrumentalityi
Fundraiser+
What do we do if we don’t want anyone just being able to get into the passenger seat? Like let’s say you only want YOIR friends to be able to enter the car, is there a way to make it so your friends are the only ones that can enter the passenger seat?
I’m asking mainly because I can see how it can be annoying if you go to place your car and some random people just run up and hope in the passenger seat
As of the current moment there isn't, though if memory serves correctly you should be able to eject passengers from the overview menu.

EnderBubs

Level 59
As of the current moment there isn't, though if memory serves correctly you should be able to eject passengers from the overview menu.
Ahh ok that’s good!
I’m glad to hear it’s easier for people to be able to get in the vehicle!

I still thing for the whitelist thing it should be a command honestly, your idea was good for it to be a command but the one thing is how would people be able to get the command? Would staff allow them perms to use it? And also what would happen if you had two vehicles placed? Would the command jsit allow whitelist to both vehicles?

I think if there is to be a command it should go something like /vehicle whitelist [name of your vehicle] [players IGN]. Something like that!

6Pancake

Level 233
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Media Coordinator
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
i believe the issue with this is the vehicle plugin isn't native to SRP, it's made by an outside developer so it isn't as easy to just change the methods that they've got in place

KimiNoUso

Level 342
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- Whitelists are only to be used when you want someone else to drive your vehicle.​
- You can manage passengers via the GUI.​
- When come to change this system hopefully before 2024, we will add features to lock the vehicles for no passengers to enter.​

Users who are viewing this thread