vengefulharmony

Level 3
simonblackquill
simonblackquill
Notable
What is your Minecraft username?: simonblackquill

Do you have Discord?: cynicism#0468

How old are you?: 17 (April 5th)

What is your time zone?: Central Standard Time (CST)

Describe your activity on the server: Throughout recent months, I have been incredibly active in student roleplay on Karakura. I log on daily and can spend upwards of eight to ten hours actively running around.

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?): Nope!

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Of course.

School Employee Role you are applying for?: Caretaker

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for: A caretaker essentially oversees the school in a multifaceted position of authority, tasked with ensuring student safety along with the physical husbandry and maintenance of the building. One is partially responsible for the security of the school, keeping a keen eye for students who may attempt to leave the premises during school hours, as well as any devious college students who might be skipping class. While the position itself is versatile, they’re most notorious for their janitor-like responsibilities, however, keeping the halls clear of any messes that may spring from physical fights or accidents. Finally, a caretaker may provide assistance to other faculty members, such as teachers or professors, who might need supplies for their classes or aid in dealing with other similar issues.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?: I have been roleplaying in my free-time since I was in elementary school. I pride myself on my ability to write eloquently and creatively, having hosted a plethora of roleplays of my own on Minecraft, Discord, as well as ancient roleplay forums. I’m the type of person who constantly has an itch for stories and writing, always busy daydreaming about what my characters’ next actions will be when I finally put my pen down. I was a Warriors roleplayer when I was young, but rapidly matured out of that feline frenzy, moving onto writing about many characters based in historical fiction.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

What are your current role(s) on the server?:

• (simonblackquill) [Grade 12] Norton Campos
  • (taphophilia) [Grade 12] Andrew Kreiss

Situations

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?:

A gruff and stern demeanor leads Kevin to pay little mind to meaningless comments thrown his way, especially from children. Unless the situation were to escalate, or the student began to disrespect another faculty member, the best the perpetrator would receive is a cold glance and complete disregard. His altruistic nature often leads him to be more defensive of others than his own pride, which could land the student with a heavier penalty, should their crude quips be directed towards another target.

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:

After calling the issue into his radio, Kevin would waste no time with separating the brawlers. If verbal instruction to part ran ignored, he’d pry them away from one another by the collar (calling in for assistance from other faculty if he must.) The immediate aftermath would include a brief lecture about fighting on school grounds, followed by requesting information what’d begun the fight, and concluding with each student earning a detention or other suitable punishment based upon the severity of the event. If one or both of the students were bleeding or otherwise injured as a result of the fight, he’d take upon the responsibility of helping them to the nurse’s office to seek treatment.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?:

As soon as safety of the perpetrator and/or others was threatened, Kevin would directly confront his coworker and carry out any action necessary to physically de-escalate the situation, be it taking away whatever dangerous item they may have, or removing them from a hazardous location. Depending on the emotional state of the employee following their action, he’d have a heart-to-heart with them about their reasons for doing so, being certain to mention the hazards their deed had posed to their well-being. If they seemed to take his words seriously and no longer acted out of line, he’d watchfully forgive them for the situation, but if their conduct was extreme, or repeated in the future, he’d report the incident to a higher-up with evidence from cameras or general word-of-mouth.

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?

Kevin isn’t entirely social in his current state. Unless directly interacted with by one of his co-workers, he keeps to himself, often staring at a window or wall and reminiscing upon fond memories of his past. However, after he establishes bonds with others, he’ll be far more likely to begin conversations and engage in icebreakers.

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:

/me kept a tight grasp on the handle of a dingy old mop as he tugged its bucket in tow. He’d witness a student hurl their lunch up a measly few feet from the nurse’s office, and, well, better him to clean up the puke than burden the woman with the hall. The smell had already caught the attention of a gaggle of dramatic teens, and the accident’s proximity to the main entrance of the school meant haste was vital. After dunking the mop’s hairy head into the cloudy surface of the water, he brought it to the floor’s wooden face with a wet slap, diluting the mess beyond recognition with suds. The rest of his humble task fell to rhythmic muscle memory, a cycle of wiping, drenching, and repeating, until he was granted satisfaction by the reduction of both the reek of vomit and the vanished stain upon the ground. His finishing blow was the wet floor sign he left in his place, a headstone in memory of the accident.

/me prowled the perimeter of the school gates, casting a watchful eye upon the students crowded near the football field. At the satisfying chorus of tranquility, nothing more than friendly banter between friends and classmates, his pacing led him back to patrolling the halls. Like a hawk, his gaze skipped between the students in the commons, acutely eavesdropping on each of their conversations for anything out of the ordinary. Turning up empty-handed, he pushed idly through the chattering crowd to proceed to the courtyard.

/me stared at the athletic closet in dismay. Zikri had asked him to bring a few extra basketballs to the courts for his students, but he hadn’t considered how, exactly, he was going to get them there. In his arms, he’d be capable of bearing two, maybe three.. His dark eyes drifted along the cluttered shelves, finally landing on a mesh bag, which sparked a lightbulb. Of course! That’s what those things are made for, anyways… He stuffed five of the basketballs within, giving the cord a tight tug to string it shut. Slinging it over his shoulder like Santa’s sack, he proceeded back towards the gymnasium.

In-Character Section

Full Name (First & Last only): Kevin Rosalez
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr.
Preferred Name: Kevin (Mr. Rosalez by students)

Age (Minimum is 25): 39
Religious Denomination: Protestant
Marital Status: Unmarried

Academic Degree: Bachelor’s
Year of Graduation: 2006
Major(s): Agriculture
Minors: Environmental Science

Nationality: American
Current Location: Japan
Native Languages: Spanish
Other Languages: Japanese (English)

Backstory

Kevin was born on a rural homestead back in the States, a middle child to a large family. From a very young age, he knew what it was like to be involved with physical labor and the responsibilities of being raised on a farm. Difficult tasks such as waking at the crack of dawn to scooping manure for hours on end before even being allowed the thought of free time was all he’d ever known. He grew up naturally competitive, always butting heads with his brothers and sisters, but has always had a deep connection and respect to nature. As his parents were faced with financial troubles, he attended college as a failsafe in the event that they lose ownership of their property, but he had never imagined he would end up working anywhere else.

Two years after college, his life changed on a day that was nothing more than a simple walk to town for supplies. He’d been living in a guest house on his parents’ farm for some form of independence, and was seeking the supplies necessary to repair a plumbing line. But as he’d loaded up his wagon, a nonchalant turn led him to be faced with the brightest brown eyes he’d ever seen, being stared in the face by a young girl no older than fourteen. Once she’d blown his ears off, ecstatic about his horses, he was caught off guard by her request to see the farm. A brief conversation landed him with the knowledge that her father had recently passed, and though she knew little about care for animals beyond dogs and cats, she was willing to work, fearful of what her hiding from the foster care system would amount to. He couldn’t find the willpower within him to decline.

Her name was Tracy, and he took upon the responsibilities of training her as a ranch hand. She quickly became his motivation for waking up every day, seen by him as a daughter, and a younger sister to the rest of his family. They lived together on his family’s farm for around five years before he purchased a small property of his own, farming corn, cattle and sheep. Tracy had always had a knack for inventing and otherwise fixing what needed repairing, and aged 19 once he purchased his property, she earned a scholarship to a prestigious college. However, she opted to attend remotely through an online computer sciences program in order to stick around and help out when she could between her schoolwork. She spent seven years attending college, shattering glass ceilings and deepening Kevin’s respect for her day by day. He felt nothing but pride towards her situation, even though he was wrangled by the doubts of what would happen when she finally graduated and her calling tore him away from him.

What he didn’t know was that that day would never come.

He’d blissfully overslept on a Thursday afternoon, woken to the cries of roosters in the farmyard. After begrudgingly dressing himself and treading outside, he was met by a sight that made his stomach sink - an overturned tractor. After calling an ambulance and doing what he could to alleviate the crushing pressure of the machinery, he was devastated to learn that Tracy had a fractured femur and was in a coma as a result of head trauma. She died during surgery intended to reduce her fracture.

Stricken by grief, his farm fell out of order due to his lack of motivation to tend to it. He sold his property and returned to living in his parents’ guest home. Even with a change of pace, the sights still made him sick, the way his parents and family always tiptoed around mentioning the subject, the judgmental whispers he’d hear about what had happened. He couldn’t bear it, and the only healing to his woe he conceived was to start a new life far from the tragedy that had occurred. He’d visited the town of Karakura a couple times as a tourist location, and it fit the roster for the cowardly flee he’d sketched out in his mind. He packed up his suitcases and left all he’d known behind him.

Motivation for Joining KHS:

Devastated by the loss of his adopted daughter, a part of Kevin craves being around the youthful light that’d been stolen from his life. Paired with his lack of experience in work fields beyond agriculture, a position as a caretaker for Karakura High seemed like a no-brainer. He considers himself to be well-versed in dealing with children both as a parental figure through Tracy’s teenage years and an older brother to his younger siblings, and believes himself capable of the job.

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"): N/A

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?: I am a quick learner who’s capable of all sorts of handiwork. I’ve got a lot of expertise dealing with children and their issues in a way that’ll let them know the school doesn’t have any time for fooling around. I’ll do what’s asked of me to the best of my ability, and you’ll never hear a lick of complaining, I’ll promise you that.

Additional notes about your application: Thanks for reading! I had a blast filling this out.
Do you have any questions?: N/A

Users who are viewing this thread