Ferri

Level 60
_Ferri
_Ferri
Notable
IGN: Ferrei
DATE: 18/02/2023
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
The current CCTV plugin was a great addition to everyone that will be able to use the cameras but, for now, I will be focusing on the police part due to them using it in a more frequent way. So far, the plugin works the way that it is intended and it's a great addition overall, however, it's not really user friendly, considering how dynamic chases can be during a practical scenario.
The way that it currently works is:
You log on to CCTV -> You select a camera to check. If you want to swap cameras you have to get out of the camera and do the whole process again. This leads to a big time gap where police can't have access to the cameras due to the plugin making you leave CCTV in order to check another area.
Now, to get to the real suggestion; my idea was to make a command locked to the CCTV room area in the KPD (to avoid possible abuse of the command while outside of the zone). The command would simply open the Interface and allow users to swap the camera while checking another one, making it a lot easier to use and navigate without spending a lot of idle time.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

Overall make the CCTV plugin more user friendly and, also, more dynamic to use, prioritizing roleplay time over the new mechanic technicalities.

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
+1!

A new plugin should be open for changes that make it simpler to use, realistically, when looking for a wall filled with monitors with CCTV around the town, should be easier to swap attention between cameras - They could add a clickable button that you can go to the closest camera to the one you are viewing at the moment

Infi

Level 134
Helper
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
I think it'd be neat to switch between cameras like you're flipping through photos

(+1 btw)

DylanDeNewb

Level 35
Helper
Developer
instrumentalityi
instrumentalityi
Fundraiser+
Hiya, in case you arent aware, you don't need to leave a camera to switch to the next, the command can be ran inside of another camera.

Though, there will be some fixes and edits made, I feel like even when not requested, I should probably make it possible to left and right click to the next available cameras, and will look into doing so

Ferri

Level 60
_Ferri
_Ferri
Notable
Hiya, in case you arent aware, you don't need to leave a camera to switch to the next, the command can be ran inside of another camera.

Though, there will be some fixes and edits made, I feel like even when not requested, I should probably make it possible to left and right click to the next available cameras, and will look into doing so
at least for officers, we can only run the command when we click a sign at the cctv room, so.... we do have to leave the camera, unfortunately. This is probably because the plugin is rather new and it's, still, being tested, however, it's good to know that the command itself already exists and that it also works while using other cameras!

Hopefully we get access to it in a near future and I appreciate the feedback!!

KimiNoUso

Level 342
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- The latest version will include a command to switch between cameras, note that not all are in order.​

Users who are viewing this thread