B0JANGLZ
B0JANGLZ
Omega+
IGN:
émerveiller
DATE:
16/02/2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
This is probably the most simple suggestion ever, I honestly am just suggesting to bring back what the old censorship was. Now, I know that there have been tons of updates to the server, and that this happened after the switch to 1.17.1, and that could be the cause, however, if there is a way to bring it back I HIGHLY advocate for it.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
Well, when it comes to doing '/me' and other various action commands, its come to a lot of peoples attention that you can no longer 'curse' in them. Some people have characters who do have such vulgar approach to things, like my own, and when it comes to doing a /me with dialogue in it, it censors it. I've noticed that when using /looc or /ooc it replaces the curse word with '...' were as before it just cut it off at a certain point as in b**** or f****. This kind of made it somewhat easier to understand what the person was saying. Just overall I believe it will just, make stuff easier, and like a good 99.9% of SRP players curse. Thats really it.

and yes I know this isn't the most important thing, just suggesting it for now.

jaaaayla

Level 199
Council Lead
Jaeyla
Jaeyla
Fundraiser+
+1

The censorship is extremely similar to Minecraft username's censorship in the sense that if a word contains part of a curse word; It will censor it. One clear example I have of this is literally the word "trigger". It recognizes the last few letters and automatically blocks them and you're left with "tr.." or "The man would ****ed his head back" turns into "The man would ...ed his head back". The forums censored the word but I think you understand what I'm trying to type. It's really unnecessary for this level of censorship.

craigorey

Level 6
craigorey
craigorey
Notable
IGN:
émerveiller
DATE:
16/02/2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
This is probably the most simple suggestion ever, I honestly am just suggesting to bring back what the old censorship was. Now, I know that there have been tons of updates to the server, and that this happened after the switch to 1.17.1, and that could be the cause, however, if there is a way to bring it back I HIGHLY advocate for it.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
Well, when it comes to doing '/me' and other various action commands, its come to a lot of peoples attention that you can no longer 'curse' in them. Some people have characters who do have such vulgar approach to things, like my own, and when it comes to doing a /me with dialogue in it, it censors it. I've noticed that when using /looc or /ooc it replaces the curse word with '...' were as before it just cut it off at a certain point as in b**** or f****. This kind of made it somewhat easier to understand what the person was saying. Just overall I believe it will just, make stuff easier, and like a good 99.9% of SRP players curse. Thats really it.

and yes I know this isn't the most important thing, just suggesting it for now.
PLEASEE +1 DEFINITELY OH MY GOD

Lizalopod

Level 130
+1

and fix words like gra pe (have to censor it on the forums too mfw) and stuff that get censored if possible, it should be possible to whitelist them anyways

Sirguiad

Level 10
Sirguiad
Sirguiad
Notable
+1

The censorship is extremely similar to Minecraft username's censorship in the sense that if a word contains part of a curse word; It will censor it. One clear example I have of this is literally the word "trigger". It recognizes the last few letters and automatically blocks them and you're left with "tr.." or "The man would ****ed his head back" turns into "The man would ...ed his head back". The forums censored the word but I think you understand what I'm trying to type. It's really unnecessary for this level of censorship.

+1

You can't say a lot of words with a double G.

Yume_

Level 86
Community Team
Lore Team
+1, it kinda doesnt make a whole lot of sense to censor regular ol' cuss words since we're all highschoolers roleplaying highschoolers and highschoolers tend to say FRICK !!!!!!

Also because censoring to this degree sucks balls, there's reasons why another server known as (those who know will know) is SO hard to play on. I cant emote eating g****s or like .. other situations.

Wrath ⛥

Level 99
conqnest
conqnest
Notable
murdering someone with weapons purchased off the black market? Good! Acceptable! Allowed! F2B? Sure!! just use /it F2B, (guys seriously do not actually rp this please do everyone a favor) Kidnapping someone? Yeah! with the right perms? « Fuck. » GET CENSORED THIS IS A CHILD-FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT !!!!
lemme say the bad words guys i have to be a certified bad boy
+1

Mark 9:42

Level 19
murdering someone with weapons purchased off the black market? Good! Acceptable! Allowed! F2B? Sure!! just use /it F2B, (guys seriously do not actually rp this please do everyone a favor) Kidnapping someone? Yeah! with the right perms? « Fuck. » GET CENSORED THIS IS A CHILD-FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT !!!!
lemme say the bad words guys i have to be a certified bad boy
+1

Cas makes a great point. Is this server kid-friendly or not? A decision really needs to be made in this regard.

Users who are viewing this thread